ETSN.fm's East Texas Football Recruiting Combine - May 19th - Tyler, Texas

BigDave

I think they are having some position drills too aren't they?

Sounds like it'll be similar to a Nike Sparq Combine. Honestly don't know what they'll be able to do..the APEC place seems small.

Sounds like it'll be similar to a Nike Sparq Combine. Honestly don't know what they'll be able to do..the APEC place seems small.

I think it will be a lot like the Nike Sparq Combine. There is a 60 yard track and there is some room outside as well. But, there is not enough room to really throw and run routes, as far as the QB's and WR's go.

They have new laser timing equipment for the 40, 20, etc. They will probably measure broad jump, high jump, pro shuttle, 40, etc.

I am looking forward to it.

I think it will be a lot like the Nike Sparq Combine. There is a 60 yard track and there is some room outside as well. But, there is not enough room to really throw and run routes, as far as the QB's and WR's go.

Guess you can throw WR-DB 1 on 1,s out the window. That's usually the exciting moments at camps.

Guess you can throw WR-DB 1 on 1,s out the window. That's usually the exciting moments at camps.

There should be plenty of room to do some 1 on 1 stuff with the OL and DL though.

You can see WR and QBs during 7 on 7.

This is the list of events that was in the kids combine package.

Combine Events

• Medball

• Ladder

• Broad jump

• Vertical jump

• 40-yard dash

• 20-yard dash

• 10-yard dash

• Pro agility - 5/10/5

• L-drill

• Bench press

• Position-specific drills will also be held at the combine.

More like the National Underclassmen Combine than the Nike Sparq combine.

Glad to see so many events included. Bobby Stroupe is great. I'm sure the combine will be first class.

I thought that first event said meatball at 1st glance, I thought heck I might enter that cause I can eat a dump truck load of meatballs, lol!

For anyone who would know, who runs ETSN? Seems like this website is gaining more and more traction across the state and definitely in east Texas.

Townsquare Media I think, at least thats where you send in the information for the combine

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who would know, who runs ETSN? Seems like this website is gaining more and more traction across the state and definitely in east Texas.

Hey 903sown, ETSN.fm is owned by parent company Townsquare Media, which has about 250 radio stations around the country. ETSN is the first of its kind in the company, launched by a few of us in East Texas who have covered high school sports around here for a long time.

This is us: http://etsn.fm/etsn-staff/

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you guys had a great time at the combine.