Carlisle vs. West Sabine

thepit

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three people that were ejected in the series were Bakers and all three were ejected by the same umpire. Doesn't make it right, but it seemed that umpire had something out for that family.

The WS coach came out and argued just about every cal that was made. I bet he made 6-8 trips to the field to argue calls in the Saturday game, including several to the home plate umpire. Was he ejected? No. Explain that!

Carlisle had three people ejected, a fan in game 1 and a coach and player in game two.

Doesn't matter now. All that matters is that they've advanced to the next round and they as players/coaches and we as fans can turn our attention to the next round.

What happened that both Bakers were ejected from a game?

All three people that were ejected in the series were Bakers and all three were ejected by the same umpire. Doesn't make it right, but it seemed that umpire had something out for that family.

The WS coach came out and argued just about every cal that was made. I bet he made 6-8 trips to the field to argue calls in the Saturday game, including several to the home plate umpire. Was he ejected? No. Explain that!

Doesn't matter now. All that matters is that they've advanced to the next round and they as players/coaches and we as fans can turn our attention to the next round.

Arguing calls doesn't mean you get ejected, as long as you're civil about it. Seems like the bakers and that particular umpire had something going on in the past. Whether who is right and who is wrong, getting tossed by umpires that are blatantly cheating a kid is worth it. Throwing a chest bump in there is even better! I wasn't there, so whether the kid did something to the umpire is debatable I guess. Kids should not be allowed to complain about balls and strikes and should be tossed immediately. Let the coaches argue balls/strikes.

As an umpire balls and strikes our not be argued by player or coach and if I'm not mistaken baker isn't the head coach core t? An if he's not the head coach that's y he go tossed bc only the head coach can argue

Balls and strikes should be able to be argued by the head coach. Some of you guys give the strike call to pitchers who hit their "spot" whether it be down the middle or a foot outside because the catcher sat up out there, which is not right. Call the ball a strike if it goes over the plate...

Wow. The umpire that did the ejecting has no history at all with the Bakers or Carlisle. Had never called a game for them prior to the weekend.

Balls and strikes are not to be argues at any level...especially by a player. The only person that gets a little rope from time to time is the HC. Players and Assistant coaches are not allowed to argue by rule in the NFHS rules. In theory the assistant coach can be ejected just for leaving the area he is coaching in to argue. It does not matter what he said.

If the player cursed the call as several witnesses have said then it is automatic as well. The field is an extension of the classroom and I sure hope that type of language is tolerated in the classroom. Players and coaches need to learn to control themselves: some umps do as well. But in most cases the rules are on the side of the ump.

As an umpire balls and strikes our not be argued by player or coach and if I'm not mistaken baker isn't the head coach core t? An if he's not the head coach that's y he go tossed bc only the head coach can argue

Agree. Last i heard, Baker wasn't the Head Coach so by rule he is not allowed to approach an ump for arguement....... PRetty funny to me that of all the people there, all 3 that were ejected were Baker's...... Sounds like to me they dont know how to act right when Gunner doesn't get his way.... JMO..

Wow. The umpire that did the ejecting has no history at all with the Bakers or Carlisle. Had never called a game for them prior to the weekend.

Balls and strikes are not to be argues at any level...especially by a player. The only person that gets a little rope from time to time is the HC. Players and Assistant coaches are not allowed to argue by rule in the NFHS rules. In theory the assistant coach can be ejected just for leaving the area he is coaching in to argue. It does not matter what he said.

If the player cursed the call as several witnesses have said then it is automatic as well. The field is an extension of the classroom and I sure hope that type of language is tolerated in the classroom. Players and coaches need to learn to control themselves: some umps do as well. But in most cases the rules are on the side of the ump.

So everyone has to bite their tongue when the guy behind the dish is blowing the game?

Was not there , but that sounds like it was a corn hole series for both teams. All coaches pissy with blue,and disenfranchised from the games. If both head coaches call uil on that group of umpires , or a single ump, it'll get ugly for him. Looks as if Ws coaches mite feel as if they were cheated out of series, bet this goes up the line.

That is simply not true. I am not going to get into specifics but the young man made an inappropriate hand gesture toward the ump after a called strike 3. After the UIL reviews the footage I would be surprised if the coach was not suspended through the rest of the playoffs for chest bumping the ump. In two games Carlisle had three people ejected, a fan in game 1 and a coach and player in game two. I'm sure that those 3 do not represent the attitude and mindset of the entire Carlisle community but it got ugly on that side of the field many, many times. The admin of Carlisle ISD needs to step up and hold those accountable now and set the tone for the rest of the playoffs. I was disappointed and now will be pulling for Douglas in the next series because I want a team that has the ability to show class representing East Texas at the State Tournament.

Agree 100%

I was not there either...just reading the posts on here. I coached against Carlise for 4 years and have seen Coach Baker and Gunner at their best and worst. IMO, they are no worse than any other coach/son that I have seen. Gunner gets a rap for being competitive and his dad is a typical competitive coach. I have seen asst. coaches talk and even argue calls for 4 years in this area so this is also nothing new. Carlisle and the Bakers are fine people. Success will also bring out the haters!!

Good luck Carlisle and the Bakers...do not let this distract you. Coach Colley runs a tight ship and he is one of the classiest guys around.

I was not there either...just reading the posts on here. I coached against Carlise for 4 years and have seen Coach Baker and Gunner at their best and worst. IMO, they are no worse than any other coach/son that I have seen. Gunner gets a rap for being competitive and his dad is a typical competitive coach. I have seen asst. coaches talk and even argue calls for 4 years in this area so this is also nothing new. Carlisle and the Bakers are fine people. Success will also bring out the haters!!

Good luck Carlisle and the Bakers...do not let this distract you. Coach Colley runs a tight ship and he is one of the classiest guys around

Let's go Indians! I haven't read in any of these posts where the West Sabine pitcher gave Carlisle fans the bird as he was coming off the field one inning, and saying wow that was a horrible call is not grounds for being ejected from the game. Get your facts straight.

Pretty sure that I have heard atleast 15 people say it was a lot more than questioning a call. Everyone knows that Carlisle has 80% of their team back from last year. They should be favored, but I can assure you that Douglass is no pushover. funny thing is, I found out today that they are starting 3 sophomores and 2 freshmen. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Guess they'll be the talk of the state next yr. This year isn't over yet!!