Anybodie no stuff about '78 stationwagons?

Doomer

Thankx Davtv1! I noticed oil an little medal parts is on the driveway to but it still drives great once i get it started tho. Ive added 4 quarts o oil treatmeant the lasts two days.

My '78 Ford Station wagon is leaking oil and water mixed up and wont hardly turn ovre. Is this'a bad sighn? I changt the oil las summer so i dont thinkn thats the problem.

Sounds as though you may have sheared a kiniblet pin that connects the capacitor to the megaplixer, this would definately cause an oil leak from the bell housing and water to spray from the shroud covering the comboblulator. The good news is that this should be an easy fix. Get in your car and start engine. Once the engine is at idle speed place transmission in "D" (drive), slightly press gas pedal and proceed on to nearest mechanic!

You would have to see Doomys wagon to believe it. It's made out of no less than 4 other cars, and he replaced the v-6 with a 1960's Perkins brand diesel engine out of an old tractor. That car has 9 lives.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 8:05 AM, Hayseed said:

Doomy is still driving the same car if anyone cares. He just adds a gallon of 5W Rotella and 2 STP oil treatments every 1st n 3rd Thursday.

Still going strong baby!

7 hours ago, Doomer said:

Still going strong baby!

How many miles do you get on a quart of oil ? ...... 🤣 :woot:🤓

I hear they are looking to hire a skeeter fogger down your way .... :rofl:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

On 4/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, KirtFalcon said:

How many miles do you get on a quart of oil ? ...... 🤣 :woot:🤓

I hear they are looking to hire a skeeter fogger down your way .... :rofl:

Thing I get about 775 miles per gallon of Rotella. Only get about 600 miles on the cheap dollar store oil. 

• LOL! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:39 AM, Doomer said:

Thing I get about 775 miles per gallon of Rotella. Only get about 600 miles on the cheap dollar store oil. 

Seeing as how this thread is six years old, it would seem that you got yourself a dandy fine automobile, Doomy!😂👌