Formatting options missing

KirtFalcon

What has happened to the formatting options? Everything now gets blocked into one big block of text with very few formatting options. Also what are these:

.... that started appearing before and after quotes? What changed?

Change is the name of the game whether needed or not. I cannot say about the quoting feature but today the spellchecker seems to be functioning. I don't complain however for something that is "free" and free of DHS scrutiny. Ha, ha

I am also missing the BOARD SETTINGS feature to change the display. Have you noticed that? Where do you find a spellchecker option? I don't seem to see one anywhere. A lot of these "missing featuress" are fairly recent. All of the editing buttons are gone, no attachments, no emoticons. Anybody else notice these changes, or is it just me?

Spell check just happens but it is not working now! As I mentioned at one time there may have actually been a feature to activate the spellcheck that I don't recall how it was activated. I use a Microsoft product currently so I cannot explain it. I'm probably going back to Ubuntu soon. What we have in technology is just like government in that people buy into a system of Microsoft products and operating systems when there are other "choices". I used Ubuntu for several years on older computer hardware. Unix and open source is the man. All the other stuff is simply carp and people never seem to question it just like government. Bill Gates has duped the populous similar to our government...a crying shame. Unix based OSs and open source are so easy now all one has to be able to do is click a mouse. But I cannot explain the spellcheck. It worked all the time when I ran Ubuntu for personal web use albeit where I go on the internet belongs to government.

I thought you meant it was a feature on the smoaky website.

I don't recall a spell checker on Smoaky.com. If there was one, I never found it. I have sometimes cut and pasted longer responses into a Word doc and run spell checker. It's too much trouble and I generally just "wing" it. I am guilty of going back and editing a lot if I catch errors. I'm not the greatest at typing.

I downloaded a spell checker off the internet, works good but I have to activate it when I post something or it may have come with Windows 7 because all I do is right click in the post window and I choose spell check and it gets after all my spelling errors

• 2 weeks later...

The Posting Rules are missing as well. I don't know if it is just me but when I click on the posting rules, the only thing I get is:

Back to the top ^

Does this mean there are no longer any rules?

All of a sudden, a few days ago, when I misspell a word on SDC, the word shows up with a squiggly red line underneath to indicate it's misspelled and I can right click and select the "recommended" correct spelling. Don't know what triggered this, but I like it. Somebody is doing some tweeking of the site, I guess.

• 7 months later...

All of a sudden, a few days ago, when I misspell a word on SDC, the word shows up with a squiggly red line underneath to indicate it's misspelled and I can right click and select the "recommended" correct spelling. Don't know what triggered this, but I like it. Somebody is doing some tweeking of the site, I guess.

All I know is it has not helped your spelling of Dallas Cowboys or Tony Romo. You might need to get another computer.