1ADI Dist. 10 - Who wins it?

Washington1776

I forgot Shelbyville lost to Joaquin. Think they'd still be a playoff team in ya'lls district, most likely 2nd.

I think they'd be in the hunt. The difference in Dist 9 and Dist 10 is this. You guys KNOW which two teams aren't making the playoffs. The top 4 are that much better. Last year you had a clear cut top three, and a pretty clear picture on 1st thru third. This year it's a little harder to call. Our district, on the other hand, is wide open. I've got an idea about who the playoff teams are, but it's not real clear. Anybody can beat anybody. It's gonna be a ride for sure.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd be in the hunt. The difference in Dist 9 and Dist 10 is this. You guys KNOW which two teams aren't making the playoffs. The top 4 are that much better. Last year you had a clear cut top three, and a pretty clear picture on 1st thru third. This year it's a little harder to call. Our district, on the other hand, is wide open. I've got an idea about who the playoff teams are, but it's not real clear. Anybody can beat anybody. It's gonna be a ride for sure.

That is very true. Y'all's district is wide open.

• 2 weeks later...

well. picture is becoming clearer. WS is tops followed by SA Alto and Sville. I think WS gets first, SA second and dare I say Sville sneaks in.?

We'll know more after this week. West Sabine wins and it's their championship. SA wins and they control their championship fate.

Alto playing to keep their district championship hopes alive and shelbyville playing to keep their playoff hopes alive. They have to win out (alto week 10) and get help to get in.

We'll know more after this week. West Sabine wins and it's their championship. SA wins and they control their championship fate.

Alto playing to keep their district championship hopes alive and shelbyville playing to keep their playoff hopes alive. They have to win out (alto week 10) and get help to get in.

S.A. wins this in a shootout...passing game is too strong and they are gaining experience from playing top tier teams!

I think that WS plays ball control and still wins a shootout. Those kids are very good at executing their offense. The only reason they didn't run away and hide from Alto is because they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

I think that WS plays ball control and still wins a shootout. Those kids are very good at executing their offense. The only reason they didn't run away and hide from Alto is because they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

Ws isnt the only team that can execute....

Shelbyville also lost to Joaquin, so what's your point?

Lambo said district 10 would struggle to beat Big Sandy and Timpson. Just thought I'd point out his lack of thought into that statement.

District 10 looks like it's down to a 4 team race, with West Sabine a lock barring a collapse of epic proportions (a loss to grapeland or Cushing).

District 9 appears to be a 4 team race as well, but a lot more murky than district 10, and Timpson not completely dead in the water either.

Lambo said district 10 would struggle to beat Big Sandy and Timpson. Just thought I'd point out his lack of thought into that statement.

District 10 looks like it's down to a 4 team race, with West Sabine a lock barring a collapse of epic proportions (a loss to grapeland or Cushing).

District 9 appears to be a 4 team race as well, but a lot more murky than district 10, and Timpson not completely dead in the water either.

Agreed.

Agreed.

well timpson has dropped 3 straight. not sure they have the maturity to overcome it. listened to a large portion of that last game and it sounded like they were making mental errors one right after the other. me personally, Im writing them off as being a contender but maybe they could play the spoiler...not likely though.

well timpson has dropped 3 straight. not sure they have the maturity to overcome it. listened to a large portion of that last game and it sounded like they were making mental errors one right after the other. me personally, Im writing them off as being a contender but maybe they could play the spoiler...not likely though.

I don't know if Timpson can run the table to get in, but they do have both Carlisle and Joaquin left on the schedule. They could make the playoff chase interesting with a win over either and wind up making the spots come down to tiebreakers.

Timpson is not mentally tough at all. I watched the Beckville game. I found myself rooting for Timpson (please don't tell anyone). Lol. They would start a good looking drive then have a bonehead play that would stall it. They could be really good if they would get tougher, physically and mentally.

And just for the record, district 10 looks like this currently.

West Sabine 2-0 (SA, Cushing, Grapeland)

San Augustine 2-0 (WS, Alto, Cushing)

Alto 1-1 (Grapeland, SA, Shelbyville)

Grapeland 1-1 (Alto, Shelbyville, WS)

Shelbyville 0-2 (Cushing, Grapeland, Alto)

Cushing 0-2 (Shelbyville, WS, SA)

West Sabine and SA control their own destiny for the district championship and playoff births.

Alto needs SA to beat WS and then beat SA themselves to have a shot at the district championship. As far as playoff birth they control their own destiny.

Shelbyville needs SA to beat Alto and then beat Alto themselves to get in.

Grapeland is technically still in the chase by record. Pretty much eliminated with a loss to Alto this week.

Cushing is all but eliminated mathematically.