8-2A Division II

Bulldognation1

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville also lost most of its offensive production for the second straight year. I'm feeling very thankful right now to the UIL for this district and to the supers for the fourth playoff spot.

I hope we're not going to wait half the year to give the running game a shot this season ...

Eric Richards was the best young quarterback I had seen in quite some time.

From what I understand his dad is transfering to Hunt Co and moving the family.

Richards impressed me with his ability to read downfield, throw the ball to the open receiver, or throw it away if he didn't have an open receiver. Most HS juniors will try to force the ball; especially if they have a decent arm and his is certainly above average.

If he were a couple inches taller, would probably be D1 material. I am expecting he will get some offers from smaller colleges.

The Air Force Academy is looking at him along with numerous D-II schools

I picked up a copy of DCTF this week. They have Clarksville picked 2nd behind Cooper in this district. I think most Tiger faithful would be thrilled with that finish. They have Edgewood 3rd and RC 4th; same top 4 as my earlier prediction just 2 and 3 are switched.

We will see how it plays out this fall.

As far as coaching, I can't take nothing from Coach Davis. 3 undefeated district seasons and going to the 3rd round in the play offs 3 yrs in a row speaks for itself. Most schools would pray for that success.

As far as this yr stands, never underestimate my Tigers. Remember Tinnell only played half the season at qb and had 16+ tds.

91, in addition to my earlier comments just let me say I would hate to lose Coach Davis; he brings so much more than wins and losses to the table.

Also to my earlier comments, Tigers will always be my team; I just see them looking a lot like 5 years ago when they started a bunch of freshmen. They will be good, just so young that it will be difficult to hang with Cooper and Edgewood. One plus is they get both at New Century; one negative is they ruined Edgewood's season last year and Cooper doesn't like to lose to anyone (especially Clarksville).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ready to see how some of these teams perform against their non district competition. Will give us some early indications of whether or not the good teams are as good as we think; and also if the not so good teams are better than we thought.

I know Cooper has Farmersville early; but Clarksville has 3 pretty tough opponents to open; Hughes Springs, Lone Oak, & Daingerfield. HS & Dfield could still be playing at Christmas...

Word on the street Cooper lost several kids, mainly two running backs to Paris high so really not sure where all the confidence is coming from other than homers being homers.This district is up for grabs and like Tiger1995 states there is just no substitute for speed. It may not always win the game but it damn sure will keep you in it. My sources tell me that Sanders will line up at tailback and from what I saw at the regional track meet, good luck everybody else. Combination of size and speed and again from what I've seen, I'm not talking typical 4.5 jargon either, this kid is something special with those wheels. How did he end up at state track meet? It's early but my prediction is Cville wins district again tough preseason schedule should pave the way for maturing quickly on the field and not mention as 73tigers put it, they have their two toughest district foes at home and with that band (my gosh how good are they?) of theirs backing them all the way anything possible.

Bulldognation; what is the word on the kids going to Paris High? Does Cooper have the depth to overcome?

I think Bulldog probably didnt know this (kids had left) himself, I'd assume he's probably calling around to verify. Total shocker those running backs were darn good. Cooper just a shell of themselves without them. If true, I'm picking the Bulldogs third.

Bulldognation; what is the word on the kids going to Paris High? Does Cooper have the depth to overcome?

One of our backs (jermey mims) did move to Paris , but he's moved back & not sure who the other back is that supposedly moved, but as far as I know we got both jermey & darmarcus again this year.

Cooper opens at home against Farmersville & then @ Commerce, both should be solid teams again.. If Cooper handles both of them , then I could see us going 10-0.. Mt. Vernon was very senior heavy last year if I remember right, so they should be in a rebuilding year this year.. Prairiland is our last pre district game & it's at Prairiland, should be a W , but Pland is always a tough place to play seems like.

91, I am just as much a homer as you when it comes to the Tigers. I am just a little concerned with the loss of so much over the past 2 years. One of those being your namesake. I know our QB is going to be much better this year; I thought we never overcame the loss of HB last year. I am looking to see if we use Sanders as a true TB; if so and we can block at the point of attach, he should rack up some huge #'s. We do get Cooper and E-wood at home; but, unless they lost those RB's, Cooper is going to be a load. This team could certainly surprise some, after all should start the year with both coordinators this time.

73 I hear you. 16 Sr's is a lot to replace but one thing I give Coach D credit for is the fact he let everyone play. He rotated his bench so everyone has experience playing. My only concern is replacing our middle linebacker. We gonna need a head hunter for our preseason. I would be happy if we are 2-3 by the times distric rolls up.

73 I hear you. 16 Sr's is a lot to replace but one thing I give Coach D credit for is the fact he let everyone play. He rotated his bench so everyone has experience playing. My only concern is replacing our middle linebacker. We gonna need a head hunter for our preseason. I would be happy if we are 2-3 by the times distric rolls up.

Agree with you looking at who we play

Hughes Springs and Daingerfield represent some very formidable competition. Both are going to have the size to just steamroll the Tigers.

Having said that, remember back to the high scoring game against Pewitt of some 3 years ago. Pewitt hit us in the mouth all night and drove the ball down the field 10 yards at time, Clarksville answered with a 1 or 2 play drive for a TD of their own. Clarksville's speed could make these 2 games similar.

As I said earlier, both HS and Dfield should be playing in December.

Word on the street Cooper lost several kids, mainly two running backs to Paris high so really not sure where all the confidence is coming from other than homers being homers.This district is up for grabs and like Tiger1995 states there is just no substitute for speed. It may not always win the game but it damn sure will keep you in it. My sources tell me that Sanders will line up at tailback and from what I saw at the regional track meet, good luck everybody else. Combination of size and speed and again from what I've seen, I'm not talking typical 4.5 jargon either, this kid is something special with those wheels. How did he end up at state track meet? It's early but my prediction is Cville wins district again tough preseason schedule should pave the way for maturing quickly on the field and not mention as 73tigers put it, they have their two toughest district foes at home and with that band (my gosh how good are they?) of theirs backing them all the way anything possible.

W/ Clarksville losing what they did for the second year , not sure where all the confidence is coming from either other than homers being homers :D I'm not sure where all this talk of Cooper losing multiple players to Paris came from?.. They did have 1 back move to Paris awhile back, but he's moved back since, & I haven't heard any different.. I like the bulldogs chances against any team in this district w/ them having 9 starters back on offense.. Just ready for the season to get started! Lol