Pine Tree beat Longview?!?!

texashigh

It's not hard for me to admit Tatum and other small schools can compete against Lv in 7 on 7. However, some of you act like Tatum could compete in a real game against the Lobos or other 5A schools. Foolish..

It's been said plenty times that we couldn't compete in 11 on 11, y'all would have too much depth and with the size of LHS, you have more kids to find talent.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hard for me to admit Tatum and other small schools can compete against Lv in 7 on 7. However, some of you act like Tatum could compete in a real game against the Lobos or other 5A schools. Foolish..

Name one Tatum fan that has said that. That is your own foolishness. Have you ever heard the old story about assuming something? Given it does not happen every year or in many places in the state, but Tatum has some great athletes.

Name one Tatum fan that has said that. That is your own foolishness. Have you ever heard the old story about assuming something? Given it does not happen every year or in many places in the state, but Tatum has some great athletes.

I know about Tatum athletes.

It's been said plenty times that we couldn't compete in 11 on 11, y'all would have too much depth and with the size of LHS, you have more kids to find talent.

I'm a Lufkin panther, please don't confuse me with those crazy people in longview lol

but Tatum has some great athletes.

Going to say this one more time and if you don't comprehend it..that's your problem.

I know Tatum has athletes. As good as Longview? That's what's getting me..and basing it off one night of 7 on 7 at that.

Going to say this one more time and if you don't comprehend it..that's your problem.

I know Tatum has athletes. As good as Longview? That's what's getting me..and basing it off one night of 7 on 7 at that.

Not basing it off 1 night of 7on7, basing it off of 7on7, football, basketball, and track where those same athletes make very deep runs....

Funny thing is..these two teams both played in the Tyler SQT this past weekend. PT was no where near the caliber of Longview. Also, no one made a thread about it when Longview murdered them in the first matchup. lol

I love the things people say during 7 on 7 season..

Did LV beat Pine Tree or JT JV 34-6 in the first round at Tyler?

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1516119

Then LV gets wins against 4A Crosby 52-43 and 4A SS 45-8 in pool play before getting one of the two state spots against JT 26-13....not really the elite 7 on 7 group you keep crowing about. Good luck at state!

Did LV beat Pine Tree or JT JV 34-6 in the first round at Tyler?

Then LV gets wins against 4A Crosby 52-43 and 4A SS 45-8 in pool play before getting one of the two state spots against JT 26-13....not really the elite 7 on 7 group you keep crowing about.

Longview didn't play PT because they weren't good enough to advance past pool play. We did however beat them 25-0 in the Longview league..was no thread made about it though.

Never said the teams we played were elite..just way better than Tatum.

Longview didn't play PT because they weren't good enough to advance past pool play. We did however beat them 25-0 in the Longview league..was no thread made about it though.

Way better? Awesome lol!!

Uh oh....

Make sure you get you excuses ready as to why they didn't blow Tatum out next week

Way better? Awesome lol!!

Crosby and SS actually return good squads this season. Plenty of athletes in the skill positions, which translate into good 7 on 7 squads. Crosby was actually favorites to win our pool..not Longview.

Crosby and SS actually return good squads this season. Plenty of athletes in the skill positions, which translate into good 7 on 7 squads. Crosby was actually favorites to win our pool..not Longview.

Actually had Whitehouse and Lufkin not already qualified, LV might still be looking for a spot...but you rock Fonzie!!! HaHa!!!

Yeah..gotta love these people. Same old trash, different year.

winkler_display_image.jpg?1302539174

Still waiting on a few answers. Have you actually watched any of the 7 on 7 games by Longview A or Tatum? And where has anyone said that Tatum could beat Longview in 11 man football game. Seems the only trash being brought up is by Longview posters as usual. Tatum fans give respect to Longview and know that they have some great athletes. Go watch a game and you will see that Tatum has some great athletes as well.

winkler_display_image.jpg?1302539174

Still waiting on a few answers. Have you actually watched any of the 7 on 7 games by Longview A or Tatum? And where has anyone said that Tatum could beat Longview in 11 man football game. Seems the only trash being brought up is by Longview posters as usual. Tatum fans give respect to Longview and know that they have some great athletes. Go watch a game and you will see that Tatum has some great athletes as well.

Longview posters don't like anything that doesn't say "Longview Future State Champs!" Everything else, it's all bias and incorrect.

Longview posters don't like anything that doesn't say "Longview Future State Champs!" Everything else, it's all bias and incorrect.

Seems the only trash being brought up is by Longview posters as usual.

Would love to see what other Longview posters you are referring to. Stop generalizing. Y'all do just as much attacking of Longview fans as Longview fans do defending. There hasn't been a single claim by any Longview fan in this thread that just justifies comments like above (outside of, in your opinion, the comments by WP4L).

This whole thread is absolutely ridiculous.

Would love to see what other Longview posters you are referring to. Stop generalizing. Y'all do just as much attacking of Longview fans as Longview fans do defending. There hasn't been a single claim by any Longview fan in this thread that just justifies comments like above (outside of, in your opinion, the comments by WP4L).

This whole thread is absolutely ridiculous.

You are correct...this thread is just a "filler" for fun. As for the Tatum and Lobo programs...both are quality. As for the 7 on 7 games ...they are skill drills. Lineman challenges or " lion camps" are also drills but do not get the coverage of 7 on 7. Both are good for the kids and both keep the kids around coaches for guidance etc. Isn't providing positive leadership for kids what all of this is supposed to be about ?

You are correct...this thread is just a "filler" for fun. As for the Tatum and Lobo programs...both are quality. As for the 7 on 7 games ...they are skill drills. Lineman challenges or " lion camps" are also drills but do not get the coverage of 7 on 7. Both are good for the kids and both keep the kids around coaches for guidance etc. Isn't providing positive leadership for kids what all of this is supposed to be about ?

No its about winning the summer "Arena League"

OK then...whose buying the championship rings ? I want to buy ad space on the billboard promoting XXX as the proud home of the state 7 on 7 champs !

When those things happen in East Texas, it absolutely WILL NOT surprise me at all. Don't buy 100% into this but I think the running tradition right now for State 7 on 7 champions are Championship T-shirts (which I am ok with). It's almost as much as the real Arena League players get.