DCTFM has Whitehouse winning over John Tyler

cujoforlife

You need to stop drinking the koolaid, if you think they will beat the Carthage Dawgs in non district, this is one year I would love to see the Dawgs line up against the mighty LOBOS. May not beat the Lobos this year, but would give them a great game. The Dawg O-line will be as good as any in the state.

tumblr_lwhtxb5d3F1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to stop drinking the koolaid, if you think they will beat the Carthage Dawgs in non district, this is one year I would love to see the Dawgs line up against the mighty LOBOS. May not beat the Lobos this year, but would give them a great game. The Dawg O-line will be as good as any in the state.

davidtennantlaughagain.gif

davidtennantshakeheadno.gif

Thus JT team will have to find themselves in preseason like the 2011 team did. I will say this if JT had the defense of the 2010 team and the offense of 2012. They would have been in state. They can't seem to have both at the same time.

2010 Defense was unreal. I think they only gave up like 11 points per game. 2011 offense was very stout too!

Tee Hee Hee!! Tee Hee Hee!!

Numbers do make a difference. Longview can go two deep at nearly every position. No doubt Carthage and Gilmer are very good, and could probably play with Longview for a while, but Longview's depth would eventually wear them down.

Numbers do make a difference.

Maybe only in East Texas...

Bishop Gorman has about the same depth as Gilmer and Carthage every year. Yet, they're nationally ranked every year. Same story with Bellevue, WA.

Longview has proven they are certainlty Beatable.

Somehow, being beat by state powerhouse's like Westlake and Allen has translated into Longview being beatable by 3A schools.

K.

Lobos do not always lose to allen katy slc in the playoffs.

Who have we lost to in the playoffs that wasn't an unreal team the past couple of seasons?

'12 - Austin Westlake - State Semi-Finals, one play away from going to State.

'11 - Spring DeKaney - State Champions

'10 - Denton Guyer - State Finalist

'09 - Lake Travis - State Champions

'08 - Lake Travis - State Champions

'07 - Pflugerville - State Finalist

'06 - Garland - State Semi-Finalist, one play away from going to State

The only team that has defeated Longview since King got here and hasn't reached at least the State Semi-Finals (and been one play away from going to State, as Lufkin also was in 04), was South Garland.

Who have we lost to in the playoffs that wasn't an unreal team the past couple of seasons?

'12 - Austin Westlake - State Semi-Finals, one play away from going to State.

'11 - Spring DeKaney - State Champions

'10 - Denton Guyer - State Finalist

'09 - Lake Travis - State Champions

'08 - Lake Travis - State Champions

'07 - Pflugerville - State Finalist

'06 - Garland - State Semi-Finalist, one play away from going to State

Gilmer and Carthage would beat those teams too. 5A is weak..

I didn't say longview wasn't good, but there is a trend. Good program but not elite. Before you say it longview would beat the #### out of henderson lol.

You're saying a team with less than 1,000 in enrollment would challenge us. The last time we played teams would close to 1,000 enrollment....ask Mount Pleasant and Sulphur Springs among others how close the games were. Ask Jacksonville and Whitehouse, how close their playoff games against us were. Carthage struggles to even defeat Nacogdoches most years...and do I really need to help you how competitive Nac would be against us now a days? It was bad before, and would be even worse now a days. Not a single Longview fan is saying we're elite, but you're trying to grasp at these teams that are good two enrollment levels below us as being competitive against us, when we're hanging and defeating the top teams in the state most years. There's absolutely no proof that out there that says they could hang with any program like Longview or Lufkin.

Did I say that.

Indeed you did, just indirectly. We had good games with those teams for the most part, but since Gilmer and Carthage can play with Longview..they can play with those teams too.

Enrollment doesn't = wins. Plano East would a Champion all the time and yall would be the the two time 4a Champion.

Lake Travis was around similar enrollment when they defeated us. But can you show me a time that Longview has struggled to defeat a team that has similar enrollment to Gilmer or Carthage that wasn't a private school (aka John Curtis or Evangel)?

Carthage struggles to even defeat Nacogdoches most years...and do I really need to help you how competitive Nac would be against us now a days? It was bad before, and would be even worse now a days.

You don't have to. Just look at what Lufkin does to them every year. Hallsville even whoops Nac yearly.

But Carthage (who can barely beat them) somehow can play with Longview.

How did LV get pulled into this? I am by no means a Lobo fan, but I wish they would win state just to shut up some of these characters from the peanut gallery.

I would make no bets either way on WH this year.

Via, this guy from Carthage.

Truly sad, truly.