• Papacitas
    • Superior Bar & Grill
    • Posados
    • Jalapeno Tree
    • Nicky's
    • Pancho's

I avoid El Chico and Pancho's.

I prefer mexican cuisine.

Not sure about Rosa's in fort worth. Got a link? They did have a chain of Rosa's. One was in Midland. Excellent homemade tortilla's. Decent food. Beef Fajita in west Texas is just different. Its on average much better. I remember the beef fajita at rosas on those amazing tortillas. it was something i could enjoy 2-3 times a week. I literally lived across the street from the place. The only thing I miss about Midland is the food and my friends.

Geez most of the one's listed in the poll I would consider Tex-Mex. Tex mex IS NOT Mexican food.

In some ways it is superior though so I'm not hating.

I am not a big Mexican food person I usually just eat where my wife wants to go I have some friends that I know eat at El Chicos once a week at night and I usually hit Nicky's once a week at lunch only because it is right down the road from where I work

I am not a big Mexican food person I usually just eat where my wife wants to go I have some friends that I know eat at El Chicos once a week at night and I usually hit Nicky's once a week at lunch only because it is right down the road from where I work

Tell me about Nicky's. Im unaware.

Anyone had Trejo's? They have em all over Shreveport/Bossier area.

For what its worth. Chipotle is very very good, especially for the price. Not sure where one is around here but I used to frequent one in SA.

Just found out Shreveport has a FREEBIRDS now. Im stoked.

I avoid El Chico and Pancho's.

I prefer mexican cuisine.

Not sure about Rosa's in fort worth. Got a link? They did have a chain of Rosa's. One was in Midland. Excellent homemade tortilla's. Decent food. Beef Fajita in west Texas is just different. Its on average much better. I remember the beef fajita at rosas on those amazing tortillas. it was something i could enjoy 2-3 times a week. I literally lived across the street from the place. The only thing I miss about Midland is the food and my friends.

http://www.rosascafe.com/home

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55857-d880458-Reviews-Rosa_s_Cafe_Tortilla_Factory-Fort_Worth_Texas.html

Geez most of the one's listed in the poll I would consider Tex-Mex. Tex mex IS NOT Mexican food.

In some ways it is superior though so I'm not hating.

I love Tex-Mex, the Mexican food that I've ate at many establishments tastes like something my mom tried to pass of on us as Mexican food. It's just too bland. I need some fire to my food, and cilantro, cilantro, and tomatillo sauce are just too tame for me. I love green chile's and cayenne pepper to boost the flavor of my Mexican food. Simply adding a couple of slices of jalapeno doesn't cut it for me.

^ i worked at Trudy's in Austin. Hottest dang food i ever been around in my life. Some of it was just ridiculous.

I've never eaten at Superior or Nicky's, but I've never been impressed with any of the others listed either. Some are good, but none are great. I've eaten at lots of Mexican restaurants, and each one has its good and less than good stuff.

Uncle Julios is far and away the best I have had in Texas. They have both authentic Mexical food as well as Tex-Mex menus. They are on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for ... great food. There are several locations in DFW and I believe one in Austin. Excellent website with menus.

http://www.unclejulios.com/locations/

Uncle Julios is far and away the best I have had in Texas. They have both authentic Mexical food as well as Tex-Mex menus. They are on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for ... great food. There are several locations in DFW and I believe one in Austin. Excellent website with menus.

http://www.unclejulios.com/locations/

I've ate at one in Dallas off Dallas Pkwy. and the one in Atlanta in the Buckshead district on Peachtree Ln. . They were okay, but I think they're similar to Mi Cocina or El Fenix.

I've ate at one in Dallas off Dallas Pkwy. and the one in Atlanta in the Buckshead district on Peachtree Ln. . They were okay, but I think they're similar to Mi Cocina or El Fenix.

I have eaten at El Fenix .... not even close in my opinion.

I prefer the Rancho Grande in Timpson. The ones in Carthage and Center just don't taste the same to me. I have only been to the Jaimes Rancho one time and it was pretty good.

I have eaten there a few times with my in-laws .... not bad, but nothing special

What's the name of the place in Palestine out on the loop? Can't remember the name but the one time I ate there it was awesome!

Little Mexico is awesome!

Also like Alicia's in Cypress, Abuelo's, Lupe Tortilla's, and Chuy's. The best Chuy's is in Austin, but I can settle with the one down the road in Humble...

Small town I like Las Rosas in Grapeland...

I prefer the Rancho Grande in Timpson. The ones in Carthage and Center just don't taste the same to me. I have only been to the Jaimes Rancho one time and it was pretty good.

yes, and correct me if Im wrong the one in Timpson was the first.

If you' ve never had the place on the square in Center it is worth a try. Very intresting menu with lots of seriously spicy dishes. I had the shrimp fajitas last night and they were delicious. Gaucamole is also good.

How is Franscisco's on Henderson. Been tempted to try it, never had the time.

yes, and correct me if Im wrong the one in Timpson was the first.

If you' ve never had the place on the square in Center it is worth a try. Very intresting menu with lots of seriously spicy dishes. I had the shrimp fajitas last night and they were delicious. Gaucamole is also good.

How is Franscisco's on Henderson. Been tempted to try it, never had the time.

I think you are right, the one in Timpson was in the Motel on 59 S before it moved to the old bear drive in...[i forget the name of it]

I've not tried the place on the square or Franciscos.

It's not a Mexican Food place but have any of you ever been to any of the BUZZBREWS in the Dallas area? They have these chicken and spinach crepes with a poblano sauce that are better than any fajitas I have ever had. If anyone has the recipe for the Pablano Sauce please share.

• 6 months later...

1: my wife's cooking. Authentic.

2: Texarkana: Amigo Juan

3: Mi Tierra in San Antonio

• I can't include Tex Mex if the poll is Mexican.
  • Any place that tries to pass off unauthentic dishes, like chicken fajitas, or any other kind besides skirt steak.
  • A burrito must beans by definition.
  • That hard curved shell thing is a chingadera@, not a taco.
  • Chips and Salsas are different from trendy places to real places.
  • Almost never see queso fundido at authentic places. It is a Gringo selling item, 'cause they know we scarf it up.

It doesn't mean that those places don't have good munchies,

Nor have I tried ALL of them.

I do like to eat at many of them.

Just don't consider them all "Mexican" cuisine.

Taco Plus - Longview on W. Hwy 80 @ Scenic. It started as a taco stand. It's still that, but now includes meal plates and additional tables for seating. Their drink cooler is stocked with all the Mexican favorites (including Mexican coke, if you're looking).

I recommend the tacos discada or the fish tacos. However, al pastor, tinga, and bistec are top notch, too. For anyone on here who likes menudo like I do, their's is a must have, but it's only available on weekends.

There is a place on New Boston Rd here in Texarkana, great Tacos and Pozole, but like there, only on weekends. I prefer it to menudo, don't care for tripe.

Learned to make discada from an old scouting acquaintance, that will beef you up for sure! made on a real tractor disc, too!

• Mr. P changed the title to 🌮 Your Favorite Mexican Restaurant