Joe's Crab Shack

Immortal13

The one on the boardwalk stinks. The so-called manager kicked me out for climbing up into the rowboat over our table. The thing was 80 years old. If I broke it in half i'd prolly only do $7 worth of damage. True story.

I have to disagree. I've eaten at several different JCS locations and have always had good crab. Can't speak to their other menu items, but they know how to cook crab. I like mine spicy and the #### you get at Red Lobster is bland and crappy. Took my girlfriend to try Breakers and theirs was just as bad

Worst chain restaurant going in my opinion. I have eaten at probably 6 or 7 different ones, reluctantly. From Dallas to Shreveport, they all sucked. Bad food at a price not worth what they serving. I got sick on their coconut shrimp once. yuck.

The one on the boardwalk stinks.

^ It's on their menu, or at least it used to be. I've also had a few of their other menu items, including their crab legs .... I was not impressed at all. You guys can have my share of Joe's, I'll go somewhere else given the choice. My wife seems to like them alright though and I encourage her to go there when she is with friends or relatives.

^ It's on their menu, or at least it used to be. I've also had a few of their other menu items, including their crab legs .... I was not impressed at all. You guys can have my share of Joe's, I'll go somewhere else given the choice. My wife seems to like them alright though and I encourage her to go there when she is with friends or relatives.

I know they're on the menu, as are hamburgers at Posados. Just saying that if I ordered it, I probably wouldn't be expecting much!!! Ha!!

Anyway...It's true about what was said about the price though. It's hard to justify paying that much for the food. It is expensive, for sure.

Worst chain restaurant going in my opinion. I have eaten at probably 6 or 7 different ones, reluctantly. From Dallas to Shreveport, they all sucked. Bad food at a price not worth what they serving. I got sick on their coconut shrimp once. yuck.

What are you eating there? If it's not crab then that's your fault. Like five0 said, their crab is very good and I haven't ever had any bad crab at any Joes. And crab legs are going to be expensive no matter where you go.

I was stationed in Alaska back in the 80s and we used to get a lot of fresh king crab from the fish markets. It was really good.

Fresh off the boat, I assume? I bet they were good. I've never had crab that fresh.

Yes, they were good, but the fresh halibut was even better. Nothing like fresh halibut grilled brushed with honey mustard and butter. I went halibut fishing several times a year. I filled up my freezer with fresh salmon and halibut every year. Love grilled salmon and halibut. We mostly lived on halibut, salmon, moose, bear and caribou. Smoked salmon is also great.

The one on the boardwalk stinks. The so-called manager kicked me out for climbing up into the rowboat over our table. The thing was 80 years old. If I broke it in half i'd prolly only do $7 worth of damage. True story.

I don't like this "new" doomer. Hey doomy, please fire your grammar and spelling teacher and forget what they told you!! I really don't like it that your learning how to spell correctly!!!!

I don't like this "new" doomer. Hey doomy, please fire your grammar and spelling teacher and forget what they told you!! I really don't like it that your learning how to spell correctly!!!!

This grammerical improvement was requested by the Big Cahuna.

I was stationed in Alaska back in the 80s and we used to get a lot of fresh king crab from the fish markets. It was really good.

I spent a year at King Salmon Station 79/80 and had some great Salmon, of course everything else was not that great...

I just wanna know if there is any place in the Tyler area that even has decent crab legs.

I don't know of any. I know of a couple of good oyster places in Lonview, but as for crab legs, I don't know. Red Lobster has been out of the question for about a year now.

• 1 month later...