Kilgore's game on 9-6 w/Lubbock Estacado has been canceled...

Smoaky

The non-district game between Kilgore and Lubbock Estacado on September 6th in Flower Mound has been canceled.

According to Kilgore AD/Football Coach Mike Wood, "apparently, there is not an open line of communication between the Athletic Department and the Superintendents office in Lubbock and/or Estacado High School."

Coach Wood continued, "This came as a surprise Tuesday morning (by text) to myself and Lewisville ISD, who had already made arrangements to host the game."

Kilgore will not replace the game.

I predict Kilgore will come into the final district game against Gilmer at 8-0 just like they did last year... I guess Estacado didn't want to play a top-tier 3A team afterall. Melissa has been good the last couple of years, allbeit in 2A year before last, but they are nowhere near the caliber of Kilgore.

Is their any teams that our short a game and why did they not play last year. If so why aren,t they bound to a contract.

We had a 2 yr contract with Sweeny. Sweeny backed out this year.... We replaced them with Estacado..... Estacado backed out. Don't know if a contract was ever signed with them.

Yeah scared of the long drive. I hate this happened on such short notice but I personally believe it's too far to drive for a preseason game.

You think they didn't know the distance when they agreed on the game?

People in west Texas are used to traveling for just about anything. It's part of living in the panhandle. Busses are easily booked for students and fans. We don't know what the terms were but doesn't look good on Estacado. There should be recourse for this kind of thing. Too much time and money is invested in high school football.

People in west Texas are used to traveling for just about anything. It's part of living in the panhandle. Busses are easily booked for students and fans. We don't know what the terms were but doesn't look good on Estacado. There should be recourse for this kind of thing. Too much time and money is invested in high school football.

I see what you're saying but in the end it's just a preaseason high school game. Hardly worth the fuss in my opinion. Question, how much money is actually invested in hs football. This is me just thinking in my head with no extensive knowledge of the subject, but I don't see how a lot is invested by the school in high school football.

I see what you're saying but in the end it's just a preaseason high school game. Hardly worth the fuss in my opinion. Question, how much money is actually invested in hs football. This is me just Ithinking in my head with no extensive knowledge of the subject, but I don't see how a lot is invested by the school in high school football.

In the state of Texas, more money goes into football than any other sport. Football in Texas is a religion. All you have to di is leave the state, people will ask if football is really that big there. Go to a game in Gilmer ir Longview and watch the stands fill up. It becomes standing room only within 30 min. All towns are like that, im just throwing those out bc those come to mind.

In the state of Texas, more money goes into football than any other sport. Football in Texas is a religion. All you have to di is leave the state, people will ask if football is really that big there. Go to a game in Gilmer ir Longview and watch the stands fill up. It becomes standing room only within 30 min. All towns are like that, im just throwing those out bc those come to mind.

But how much goes IN to the football program