Predicted finish for 10-1A D-II, Region III

Mr. P

Prosser's Prediction for 10-1A D-II, Region III

1.) Maud (8-2, 3-1)

2.) Detroit (6-4, 2-2)

3.) Overton (6-4, 2-2)

4.) Cumby (4-6, 1-3)

5.) Union Hill (0-10, 0-4)

2013 outlook: Maud looks to be the heavyweight in this district. But if Overton can figure out a way to replace 4 starting linemen, their standout QB K.J. Luster and two-way leader Jesse Roach, they will most definitely stake a claim. Detroit returns a bunch of starters, just not their star. They'll remain in the hunt. Cumby has talent but lost their coach. If the right guy comes in, they'll be scrappy. Union Hill continues to twist in the wind.

Overton prediction: I'm as hardcore a homer as they come, but Overton's offensive line (or lack thereof) scares me. We've got some tough youngsters coming up, but I just don't know if they can fill the holes left by the graduation of Greg Moore, Clay Martin, and Weston Gillis. If they can, we'll go 8-2 (or maybe even 10-0!), but if they can't toe the line, every game will be a white-knuckle battle. Overton has a lot of young speed and size coming up. If they can put it all together, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. But if they try to coast, they'll need help just to make it to the playoffs.

0a3si5i.jpg

My prediction

1. Maud- Lots of good talented kids coming through right now

1A. Overton-The big running back will be a LOAD

3. Detroit- They will be organized and will be coming to play

4.Cumby- cause Union Hill is also in the district

5. Union Hill- Another year, another AD

My prediction...

Y'know, if both our teams' seasons come together like we're hoping, that Maud @ Overton match-up stands to be another district championship game... nice little rivalry we got going. Hope we can keep it up into the next UIL realignment.

seriously hope they send us in that direction next time. Sabine pass in our district is a farce. Besides yall need a measuring stick in that district and we definitely fit the bill.

seriously hope they send us in that direction next time. Sabine pass in our district is a farce...

Fine by me. I don't mind playing Tenaha each year.

I think my ideal district would be Overton, Beckville, Carlisle, Cushing, Mount Enterprise, Tenaha, and Union Hill. I think it makes the most sense, certainly as far as the geography is concerned.

Fine by me. I don't mind playing Tenaha each year.

I think my ideal district would be Overton, Beckville, Carlisle, Cushing, Mount Enterprise, Tenaha, and Union Hill. I think it makes the most sense, certainly as far as the geography is concerned.

Beck, Carlisle, Cushing are Div. 1 though.

our senior year i think it was tenaha, overton, mt E, union hill, and carlisle. Even on away games we were home in time for Arsenio

Beck, Carlisle, Cushing are Div. 1 though.

our senior year i think it was tenaha, overton, mt E, union hill, and carlisle

Sure sure, that's why it's my ideal. I've long since given up hope on getting a district that actually makes sense. ;) But yeah, I think you're right. I know we played Cush in those days, but I don't think it was a district game.