District 7-AA Division I Roll Call

TheLionWire

Ok Folks,

Welcome to District 7-AA Roll Call. This is going to be the official thread for games, schedules, thoughts and analysis of games that our teams play. Any and all information, please post here to keep this place cleaned up.

Now first, we have a roll call. I want everyone on here who will be here on a consistent basis to tell us who's your team, some stuff about you, your connection to your school, where you reside, what you do, how often you make it to games and any other interesting tidbits. This is for all fans to have a respectful dialogue amongst each other.

The Rules are simple. No name calling, no PERSONAL bashing of players, coaches and the like. Address everyone with respect, I don't care if you are addressing your most hated rival. Show respect. Be polite. No trolling. Violaters that are repeat offenders will be asked to leave and then SDC mods will be brought in.

So.......I guess I will start with myself on the next post.

I am a graduate of Grand Saline High School. I played Basketball, ran Track and Cross Country where I was 3 time regional finalist, and played Football for a couple of years. I had the honor of watching some great teams ahead of me at GSHS. After graduation I attended Texas A&M Commerce where I graduated with a BBA in 2007 and got my MBA in 2012. I work and live in North Dallas, near Plano and am a Banker. Young single guy with not a lot to hold me down.

I make GS games when they come near the metroplex or if I am at my parents place for a weekend during the fall. I hope that Coach Ridge can turn it around for us and get us back to being a beast from the East.

I think we improve and have a tough schedule, I think 4-6ish is probably likely, but you never know.

The game I am looking forward to the most is against Sunnyvale. It is at GS, they have never come to East Texas and I hope we run it down their throats.

District game I look forward to is Quitman. Big rivalry game.

Here are my thoughts on this district race

Malakoff is the pre season favorite to win the district.

Winnsboro is picked to come in second

After that I do not know the order of the other teams.

Winnsboro will have to mature early to finish second. I am very anxious to see how the team does with this team.

Right now I am looking at no better than a 4-6 season or 5-5. Will make the playoffs but will go out in the first round.

i know it's only Como pickton,but i heard gs is looking good. scored about 4 times to zero,heard gs quarterback has all day to throw and is doing really well,i even heard they have some size on the line. looks like they founda coach they wanna playffor. ready to see a real football though not a scrimmage

I attended the Winnsboro/Commerce scrimmage last night and all things considered i thought it went pretty well. The most important thing is that no one got hurt and it was a great experience for the young guys. Commerce's first string scored 1 td on a great catch and run by their slot receiver. Winnsboro had several chances to get him on the ground but missed tackles allowed him to scamper free. It was a very conservative scrimmage to say the least for both teams. I personally thought Winnsboro's second offense moved the ball a tad bit better than the first string but a fumble by the FB on about the 4 yd line was a killer. The defense struggled with the pass but did fairly well against the run. Their are alot of young guys out there for the raiders so i only see them getting better as each week passes. QB thompson looked solid in the reps that he got. As i said it was very conservative. Excited to see how these boys grow and come together week by week.

Grand saline beat Wolfe city in the live quarter last night 13-7. Wolfe city is a 1a but made it to the second round last year in playoffs. But gs did well in stopping the run. Did have a Lil trouble in the secondary.the defense flew around to the ball. Offense was a Lil Rusty but had some great plays. Glad to see gs passing the ball Alot. And the quarterback had awhile to pass. I guess will see if they can Make it last for four quarters next week. Can't wait!

Quitman lost to Bullard by 1... Considering we've got beat by around 50 the last two years. That's pretty good!

Went for 2 and the win instead of forcing overtime. Heard a few players from Bullard found some key Quitman players on social media and gave them plenty of fuel for the fire. I hope they learn their lesson before they line up with Gilmer, Gladewater, Kilgore, etc. Those teams sure don't need any help in the motivation department.