# 1 Mart at # 10 Teague - Zero Week

player73

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( 1 ) Playing the numbers game : Teague avg 39 points a game but gave up 35 for a difference of a ( + 4 )

( 2 ) Frank is right about replacing those Defensive players in LB' s Henderson and Bell ( which I stated that the Lb's would have to step up ) and Db Brooks

( 3 ) This is the first time in 5 years that Teague is in the 2nd year of a coaches system for whatever the reasons that have been talked about on here before

( 4 ) No one in Teague is happy about giving up 35 points a game but Coach Johnson has addressed that and only time will tell

( 5 ) IMO, the 3 keys for Teague is to stay healthy,LB play step up and the Defense improves Teague will be fine

( 6 ) This is a new season so what happened last year or the years before doesn't matter

This guy makes some sense.

Defense must improve.

Last year, was last year.... true. But, that's all we got to go on right now.

Teague is going to score lots of points. But, right now, there is just promises and potential on defense. The Lions have to make it a reality on the defensive side.

JJ is just getting folks stired up because no one in Teague thinks they will win by 30 ( that's crazy ). Now do they think the Lions can win - yes

JJ is a few fries short of a happy meal.

This shouldn't be a game, numbers wise. I think it will be, but the difference in numbers is so drastic that I can't see Teague making much noise in the playoffs. You guys are hoping to beat a 1A, granted they're not just any 1A, but I bet y'all have around 200 more kids in your high school...

This guy makes some sense.

Defense must improve.

Last year, was last year.... true. But, that's all we got to go on right now.

Teague is going to score lots of points. But, right now, there is just promises and potential on defense. The Lions have to make it a reality on the defensive side.

JJ is a few fries short of a happy meal.

they did give me the toy though...:)

What about Teague's offensive line. They lost 4 starters to graduation and the lone starter returning is coming off a broken leg. Do they have guys to fill the holes up front?

What was Teague's JV record last year?

lost to mart and franklin last yr and we got some beef over here

lost to mart and franklin last yr and we got some beef over here

So, is the OLine going to be made up of JV guys moving up or returning lettermen? Because I didn't see too many returning linemen.

Will the loss of 4 senior OLinemen hurt the offense? 4 pretty good players in that group that graduated.

So, is the OLine going to be made up of JV guys moving up or returning lettermen? Because I didn't see too many returning linemen.

Will the loss of 4 senior OLinemen hurt the offense? 4 pretty good players in that group that graduated.

The ones that left will hurt but im tellin u that the group that is here will be real nice.

The ones that left will hurt but im tellin u that the group that is here will be real nice.

i got ya. I'm just looking for something to support the theory that Teague will be far better than last year. I know you guys know better than me. That's why I'm asking.

3 seniors(1 moved back,1 was ineligible last yr played on jv,1 started) 1 sophomore played on varsity but didnt start on oline and 1 moved up from last yrs jv. That sums up our line but we have depth also if needed.

Is the sophomore the Mitchell kid?

Is the sophomore the Mitchell kid?

yes and u know he is a beast

By the way, please don't take it like I'm knocking the Lions.

I have White Oak ranked ahead of Teague and I just like to be right. lol

So, I'm trying to figure out if there is reason for me to adjust my thinking.

hopefully u will soon :)

Frank, remember the name Alex Hoskins who will anchor the line along with returning starter Ben Long who has recovered nicely from the broken leg suffered against Newton. The college scouts that have visited Teague have asked Coach Johnson " who in the heck is that " ? Our offense line should avg around 250 pet man. Before the season is over it will a strong point of our team. IMO

Frank, remember the name Alex Hoskins who will anchor the line along with returning starter Ben Long who has recovered nicely from the broken leg suffered against Newton. The college scouts that have visited Teague have asked Coach Johnson " who in the heck is that " ? Our offense line should avg around 250 pet man. Before the season is over it will a strong point of our team. IMO

There you go. Solid facts. I like that.