Teague,Mexia and Ferris scrimmage

player73

Teague,Mexia and Ferris all squared off in a three way tonight in Mexia.Teague scored twice,Ferris once and Mexia did not score while the 1's were on the field.In good news for the Lion's fans was the fact that both the defensive and the offensive lines controlled the line of scrimmages against both Mexia and Ferris.Teague's John Love looked very good at Rb for the Lions.

Teague proved tonight their not just a QB/WR duo with players across the board stepping up and embracing new roles. Ferris and Mexia both will be average 3A teams that have good size and some skilled kids. John Love can be a game-breaker along with Alex Hoskins, Charlie Mitchell, and Jonathan Roberts anchoring the lines. Sophmore RB Zachieus Bell had some impressive runs to counter Love. Could be a solid 1-2 punch out there for next couple of years. I like the scheme on defense for Teague and I think it matches the personnel a lot better than it did last year. Honestly, personnel didn't fit the scheme because of continuous missed tackles. Mexia will be back to Mexia of old with good size with a couple of D-1 prospects in Tre' Craig and Taylor Threat and a young QB who showed some potential. Look for them to be a 4-6, 5-5 playoff team in their district. Ferris had a huge Left Tackle and were solid in the trenches with some speedsters and a decent QB. I really like how Johnson and his staff have gone to more or less pro-style and than just spread and been impressed how far ahead the kids are with it. The balance of this offense will benefit Skinner and Love and help them reach their full potential. I learned tonight Teague is more than just hype

Teague was by far the best of the 3 teams last night. I went knowning that we had a great offense but wanted to see how our defense would look and I came away very impressed. Coach Johnson and his staff have my Lions light years ahead of where they was this time last year.

Teague was by far the best of the 3 teams last night. I went knowning that we had a great offense but wanted to see how our defense would look and I came away very impressed. Coach Johnson and his staff have my Lions light years ahead of where they was this time last year.

What defense are they basing out of?

I happy for you Teague fans. Maybe we'll meet up in the playoffs. Good luck this season.

TBD,a third round match up would be great but right now that would be just wishful thinking but that's where Franklin played yall last year.Good luck to the Eagles as well as I have watched yall play the past several years and met some nice folks from Tatum including you TBD.