Lindale Eagles @ Chapel Hill Bulldogs

Stankylegg

Winner?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which team goes (1-0) to start the season?

• Chapel Hill
    • Lindale

2012 results (31-14) Lindale @ Lindale's stadium

Chapel Hill

2012: 3-7

20 Lettermen

6 offensive starters

6 defensive starters

spread offense

4-3 defense

Key Players

Joseph Clark

Wesley Thompson

Andrew Black

Lindale

2012: 2-8

25 Lettermen

7 offensive starters

6 defensive starters

spread offense

3-4 deffense

Key Players

Justin Young

D.J. Williams

Delenis Garrett

Looks like this will be a test to see which school learned more during last season and which school has the the better offseason program.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a hard game to pick. Last year Lindale went through a bad injury year. Then having to play in a 4a district didnt help matters. However, Chapel Hill lost a lot to graduation and went through a bad year of trying to find themselves.

I see this game as a toss up. I am going to say Lindale.

Got a feelin this guy will be a ghost on sdc in a few weeks

I have watched Lindale's starting offense last week against Marshall. They looked really sharp and well balanced. Much more talent and overall speed than the 2012 squad that beat Chapel Hill, bless their hearts. I'm not backing down on my prediction. We will know in two weeks.

This is a hard game to pick. Last year Lindale went through a bad injury year. Then having to play in a 4a district didnt help matters. However, Chapel Hill lost a lot to graduation and went through a bad year of trying to find themselves.

I see this game as a toss up. I am going to say Lindale.

Each team is trying to reestablish a winning culture that was present in 2011 at each school, but absent at each school in 2012. 2013 is a huge year for both schools to get back on track.

You can't put Nac as a powerhouse for 16-4A and compare it to Carthage and Gilmer. 16-4A fans would rather play Springhill than Nac. For that matter, I would bet they would rather play Henderson, Chapell Hill, and Springhill as compared to Lindale, Jacksonville, and Corsicana.

LoL The Doom is harder district from top to bottom. All you got is an over rated Whitehouse team and Jt team that bows out in th4 4th or 5th round every year.

so yall think yall good because of one little championship they gave yall in 2010? before you say something about JT learn how to win multiple championships and go to multiple championships. Does Henderson have 5 or more state appearances within the last 10-20 years nope. Henderson wasn't even on the map until yall won that given championship in 2010.

Lol quit dreaming you guys were playing catchup the entire game. Don't be a sore loser. The better team won.

I agree the team that was better that day for sure did win, but it wasn't a dominant win. Like he said, a Chapel Hill fan easily could and honestly should feel that CH should have been back to back champs. 1 touchdown separated that. Hats off to Henderson for showing up with their A game though. There is definitely a reason that they have the jewelry from 2010 instead of CH.

I would prefer that CH fans and players forget about what happened in 2010 and 2011 and think more about how embarrassing 2012 was, and how we don't wan't 2013 to be back to back missed playoffs.

So, LionKing, you are saying that Bullard, Spring Hill, Chapel Hill, Henderson, Kilgore, and Gilmer is a tougher district than, JT, Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Nacogdoches, Lindale, and Corsicana, I happen to think 16-4A is tougher. While, 16-4A does not have as many rings, I would say that as a whole, there are tougher teams top to bottom. You are going off of 2-3 years to say that your district is tougher. Look at the past 5-10 years. Kilgore and Gilmer are by far the upper class of your district in playoff appearances. Except for 2 years, what has Henderson and Chapel Hill done? Need I say anything about Bullard and Spring Hill? JT, Whitehouse, Corsicana, and Lindale have been constantly in the playoffs for the past 5-10 years. (Lindale not last year) Jacksonville has a better history than Henderson and Chapel Hill as far as playoffs are concerned. J'ville was constantly in the playoffs when both Sitton and Tabor were coaching at J'ville. Nac is a different story...don't understand why they can't get things going.

I thought this thread was for Lindale vs. CH matchup in 2013. Lets get out of the hot tub time machine to December 2010 and think about what is going on now.

+1 there is hardly any talk about the game at hand. Lindales will give chapel hill all they want and more I still think chapel hill wins because of more speed and athleticism. Chapels hill season rest on what black can do

Not a big CH fan, but CH may give Gilmer and Kilgore a run for their money this year in 16-3a.

Got any idea about 16-3A?

Chapel Hill should play close attention to Spring Hill, Bullard & Gladewater...with those wins, they can make it to the playoffs. Kilgore & Gilmer will be taking care of other buisiness....& that they will.

How did the boys do tonight ? I couldn't make it because of meet the teacher. Lol

The score at the end of the live half was 34-0 CH. during the controlled part, CH scored 5 times; Athens scored at least once...maybe twice (I changed seats and I'm not sure if I missed an Athens score). A lot of great passes from Black to several different receivers. Robinson, Minor, Heckel all looked good at receiver. Defense had some good stops as well as fumble recoveries and an interception returned for a touchdown. Overall, pretty good night. Much better tonight than they were at the end of the season last year.