2013 MP Tigers

budmanmpfan

Defensively the Tigers will be upgraded. Offensively it all comes down to the OL, honestly. Grubbs can toss the rock and if he gets time to throw, MP will put up the points again as they did this past year.

Miamiheatfan actually gave us a better record than I expected from all the talk at the end of last year haha so thanks!

Defensively the Tigers will be upgraded. Offensively it all comes down to the OL, honestly. Grubbs can toss the rock and if he gets time to throw, MP will put up the points again as they did this past year.

Miamiheatfan actually gave us a better record than I expected from all the talk at the end of last year haha so thanks!

+1

9-1 or 8-2. MP has best team in a long time and anything less will be a huge disappointment. Think THIGH can challenge them though. Also, Hallsville is sleeper in district for sure.

Do you remember when and why MP went into the downward slide?

Sounds like an excuse and I understand that, but it is very difficult to compete at 4A level with 3A numbers at best. MP is 75% Hispanic in the school system which is great for soccer, but not so good for football. An average group of athletes does not get it done when numbers are so small. Not sure what everyone had out this year in 9-12, but MP is in the 100 range which is not a bad number for MP, but I would say small for 4A football. Current senior class is strong, Jr class is not strong, Soph class has a few (4-6) that will contribute this year and Fresh class is strong. Next year will be tough, but I think they will be in the mix for several years after that. Sad thing is, when we do qualify for playoffs we have to go big school. Tough, but it is what it is.

There are two characteristics that almost every great football team has in common....

1. A dominant offensive line

2. A defense that can stop the run

I didn't see either one of those from MP last year. Maybe this year will be different.

There are two characteristics that almost every great football team has in common....

1. A dominant offensive line

2. A defense that can stop the run

I didn't see either one of those from MP last year. Maybe this year will be different.

People here in MP are hoping this year is going to b different defensively wise but about the same offensively.