1. 1. Who ya got?

• Joaquin
    • Tenaha

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got same score but numbers swapped, got Teneha 94- Jouqain 81

You really think Joaquin will score that many baskets against the Tigers' full-court press? Does Joaquin have some good 3-point shooters?

You really think Joaquin will score that many baskets against the Tigers' full-court press? Does Joaquin have some good 3-point shooters?

They had one last year that shot 40something points on SA in the playoffs...but that's all they had.

Call me stupid but, I really do see the stars lining up and pulling off the upset. I'll say the final is gonna be 32-24 Joaquin. As for the 5 fastest players on the field wearing maroon, I dont think so 4 of em will wear maroon and the fastest will wear blue and #19.

Going with the Tigers in this one. Conditioning will be the telling sign that hurts the Rams in a fast paced game, if Tenaha is able to complete short passes in the flats. The Ram offense is just not there yet to pound away consistently and sustain drives. Best of luck to both teams in this heated rivalry.

Well, this one can be 95-94 for all I care now. My crew has been reassigned to a different game. Still gotta go with the Tigers, though.

I hope you are coming to Gorman. Them TAPPS refs gives me a hard time sometimes.

I seem to recall these same comments last year, and Joaquin took it to the Tigers, dominated the 2nd half

hey their killer, wasnt that last year? these will be 2 different teams.

They had one last year that shot 40something points on SA in the playoffs...but that's all they had.

46, and no, that wasnt all they had. Only lost by 9 to a state caliber team, nothing at all to be ashamed of in my opinion.

big question is...will their be a game Thursday? Im ready for football guys. Havent seen a single scrimmage.

There will be a game in Tyler at Grace. Not sure who, maybe Timpson ? Beckville plays Saturday there .

When your watching teneha, your usually watching kids from Timpson,,,,, and Center, and so on, and so.

I've always wondered about that... every time I drive through Tenaha, I'm like: "Where are all these awesome athletes coming from?"

I mean no disrespect (and I ain't hating on the town itself) but from Stacy Thompson to Chavis McCollister to Reginald Davis and whatever speed merchants dot the roster on this year's squad, it just seems odd that so many ridiculously fast youngsters wind up in a town of little over 1,000 people out in rural Shelby County. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Every name listed above went here K-12 grade.

...and I'm not saying otherwise. Obviously, I wouldn't know if they did or didn't. But being a loyal son of the Pit, could you comment on just what makes Tenaha so durned blessed when it comes to the gridiron?

I'm something of a quasi-historian for my own hometown of Overton and, while we've had plenty of great teams and seasons, we've never had much in the way of size, speed, or exceptional talent come through here. I could count the all-time number of "game breakers" we've had on one hand, and we've maintained a population of twice as large as Tenaha since the Oil Boom.

Tenaha's had consistent success for as long as anyone can remember, through various coaches and styles of play. That all has to be an effect of something. It ain't just something in the water.

^i will say this in all honesty. You can pick any day you wanna come down here and I can take you to no less than 3 different spots where their will be groups of young kids outside playing in a somewhat organized fashion whether it be basketball or football. And trust me it will be competitive and their will be smack talk. WE WANNA WIN.