Chapel Hill @ Carthage

Stankylegg

Which dogs win?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Chapel Hill

And I Prolly Wouldnt Sneak To Watch.. So Who Stands Out On D... I Know All About Guys On The Offense Side Of The Ball

It's hard to say because many starters didn't play in second half of lindale game and there was some jitters and bugs that I'm sure had to get worked out in that first game. Starters were on the field, but looked sad in the first half against whitehouse. In the second half they looked like a team that could be anyone in 3A (not being a homer). Until CH puts together a complete game against a quality opponent, it's hard for me to say who the standouts are on D. Based on what I have seen by position at this point I would rate them as follows.

D-Line - Above average

LB's - Above average

Secondary - Way below average

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage's Defense did bend against Lindale but they never broke. They are on the small side up front but they are very fast. I really believe that this Defense will IMPROVE from week to week.

As far as the offense, they are awesome and once they completely jell and get in sync.... LOOK OUT

I remember watching the quarterback last year and being amazed at how beautiful his ball looked in flight. Tight spiral every time.

If this description of Chapel Hill is correct, it will be a very long night for them in Carthage Friday.

Possibly, but that would have been the case against whitehouse and it certainly was in the first half, but somehow the d-line and Lb's made up for the lack of secondary ability and the potent WH offense was at a stand still for 27 unanswered points in the second half.

Difference is Carthage o line is way better then white house

Agree, but does Carthage run a 4-5 wide offense every play? I am looking forward to this game, because WH is the only team that runs an offense like WH. Carthage offense will be more like what CH will see against Gilmer and Kilgore. The CH secondary may do just fine against the Carthage offense if only 2-3 wide sets are typically used. I know the Carthage QB impressed me last year. We shall see.

Agree, but does Carthage run a 4-5 wide offense every play? I am looking forward to this game, because WH is the only team that runs an offense like WH. Carthage offense will be more like what CH will see against Gilmer and Kilgore. The CH secondary may do just fine against the Carthage offense if only 2-3 wide sets are typically used. I know the Carthage QB impressed me last year. We shall see.

Carthage runs an offense similar to the New England Patriots(high school compared to pro talent, of course)........will use several different formations......and even with the TE or TEs in the game, very little dropoff in speed for catching the ball. Against Lindale, the all state candidate at RB even played WR some, while the other good back played TB

Carthage runs an offense similar to the New England Patriots(high school compared to pro talent, of course)........will use several different formations......and even with the TE or TEs in the game, very little dropoff in speed for catching the ball. Against Lindale, the all state candidate at RB even played WR some, while the other good back played TB

Does anyone have any stats from the first two games this year?

Does anyone have any stats from the first two games this year?

Carthage's Offense

Total Offense: 1,076 - 508 vs. Jacksonville & 568 vs. Lindale

Passing Yardage: 645 - 276 vs. Jacksonville & 369 vs. Lindale

Rushing Yardage: 431 - 232 vs. Jacksonville & 199 vs. Lindale

Carthage's Offense

Total Offense: 1,076 - 508 vs. Jacksonville & 568 vs. Lindale

Passing Yardage: 645 - 276 vs. Jacksonville & 369 vs. Lindale

Rushing Yardage: 431 - 232 vs. Jacksonville & 199 vs. Lindale

Thanks for the stats. An offense averaging over 500 yards/game and over 40 points/game is impressive.

I'm not saying CH will leave with a win but this is a little far stretched. If Carthage thinks this will be a cake walk, they are in for a long night.

That Goes For CH Too, Since Some Of You Think Y'all Going To Come To Bulldog Stadium And Smash Us LOL LOL LOL . But If CH DBs Are Below Average Like Guy Said #5 Tee Goree About To Have A Great Night He Is A Beast!!!!! But Im Done With The Trash Talk Ready For Friday. Oh Yea I HOPE Both Teams Come Out Injury Free. But I Want Some Hard Hitting East Texas Football Get Ya PopCorn Ready..... Pop POp POP!!!

P.S Our Offense Is Deadly... Hope Yall Dont Let Us Get In Sync To Early HAHA I Love CH Folks