• Parkway in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Parkway in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year I hope they have Marshall, Longview, and Lufkin all playing on the same day.

Seems like I recall they had talked to John Tyler too. Dunno what happened with that.

They keep it up and we will have a big old 12-5A reunion party. Just need to get Texas High, Lee, and Nac to the party.

Nac? no..........just no.

Would be fun to have that Saturday an all East Texas vs the Nation party.

Would love for Longview to sign up again for next season. Does nothing but get the program exposure, and clearly we can bring the fans that they're looking for. As long as we don't play any of those Louisiana teams, I'm good. Have no desire to go back down that path. Bring on Florida, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Kentucky, New Jersey, Pennsylvania. Whomever.

I would love it, especially against a Florida, Cali or even a Louisiana school that's not named Evangel....

I would love it, especially against a Florida, Cali or even a Louisiana school that's not named Evangel....

Personally tired of that side of the border. If its not John Curtis...not worth the matchup imo.

Louisiana is no where near the power it once was like say....pre 2006.

Personally tired of that side of the border. If its not John Curtis...not worth the matchup imo.

Louisiana is no where near the power it once was like say....pre 2006.

Yea, for some reason I want us to play JC or West Monroe though. I guess both are still good.

Yea, for some reason I want us to play JC or West Monroe though. I guess both are still good.

John Curtis definitely is. West Monroe...well they're definitely not the power they use to be. Believe they just lost to some team from Vicksburg at home.

I wonder about some of these other states and their football. I've seen Pensacola HS playin Florida when they were state ranked and I'm pretty sure an average team could have beaten them. They weren't spectacualr to me at ALL.

Arkansas has pretty good support, but they are no where near the level of Texas..... and Louisiana.... unless you're W Monroe, Byrd, Curtis and a hanful of others..... the support is lacking.

My dad said the only place he's been that thought HS football could rival Texas HS is Hawaii.

He was stationed there for several years (long enough to make me...LOL) and saw a lot of HS football over there.

But he said HSF over there was HUUUUGE. The different towns on Ohau absolutely hated each other. And many of the teams could put 15-20K in Aloha Stadium.

And the state championships bring in massive crowds.

He isn't sure of the teams match up with Texas athletically..... but as far as support and rabid fan bases it's as close as he's seen to Texas.

I wonder about some of these other states and their football. I've seen Pensacola HS playin Florida when they were state ranked and I'm pretty sure an average team could have beaten them. They weren't spectacualr to me at ALL.

Arkansas has pretty good support, but they are no where near the level of Texas..... and Louisiana.... unless you're W Monroe, Byrd, Curtis and a hanful of others..... the support is lacking.

My dad said the only place he's been that thought HS football could rival Texas HS is Hawaii.

He was stationed there for several years (long enough to make me...LOL) and saw a lot of HS football over there.

But he said HSF over there was HUUUUGE. The different towns on Ohau absolutely hated each other. And many of the teams could put 15-20K in Aloha Stadium.

He isn't sure of the teams match up with Texas athletically..... but as far as support and rabid fan bases it's as close as he's seen to Texas.

I've seen some of those teams in Miami, such as Booker T, Central and Northwestern. Those teams could probably play with any team in Texas Imo. ST. Thomas Aquinas used to be a powerhouse too. However, I know they have different coaches and I haven't seen them in a while. You could probably add teams like Manatee, Glades Central and Lakeland to the list too. I don't think Pahokee is as good as they used to be.

If you haven't already......don't forget to buy your tickets today or Friday.

The football team gets to keep the $ for themselves for advance sale tickets.

All ticket money collected from the gate on game day is split among all the participating schools.

So buy in advance so MHS gets the keep that $ for themselves!

------

What games are some of you going to Friday since we're playing Saturday?

I'm headed to Lee/JT

We have a few schools here in Atlanta, GA that would be nice to see. Buford, GA (North Atlanta) has an interesting set-up in their funding. They receive 0 state funds, instead they raise money via taxes and $4000/yr tuition. They are still a state school as they choose to meet and follow all state guidelines and education standards, so they compete as a public school. However, you do not have to live in Buford to go to school there. I think the tuition is still $4000 for in-city students, and $6500 or something if you live outside of Buford. They were in the USA top 25 most of the last 2 years and have sent at least 7 students to D1 schools over those 2 years. No idea about their talent this year, but I imagine it will be top notch still.

I'll be shocked if Kilgore doesn't crush PT.

Not me. PT isn't exactly an automatic win before kickoff like they use to be.

As crazy as it sounds, their 2nd string QB is currently leading East Texas in passing yardage. Almost has 1k through the air in two weeks,,

If only they would get their defense together in Northwest Longview..

LoL says the same 0-2 team but yall probably got a chance this year lol.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

We might have only won one game last year...... THE worst team Marshall has fielded in probably 50+ years. And we STILL beat Pine Tree by 3 TD's.

You have ZERO credibility on this board from....well.... ANYONE. Yet you continue to prove you must like the taste of Tinactin.

Can we remove any stupid derailing posts coming from uneducated 12 years living in 20+ year old bodies?

LoL says the same 0-2 team but yall probably got a chance this year lol.

And I didn't say this to make this thread about Pine Tree, but let's not go crowing them contenders until they play a good team well. Which begins tonight. If they play Kilgore close, they will get props. If they play like poo, my thoughts on that team stand. I hear about how this coach at Pine Tree has turned the football culture around in Pine Tree, but the record is not so much better than Marshall's the past 2 years...