• Parkway in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Parkway in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If parkway keeps passing the ball every down probably some time Sunday morning.

Woodshed.

Marshall has no business playing state ranked teams right now. Just my opinion.

I don't see how this betters us.... Or them.

Marshall had to have missed more tackles than they made this game. Horrible.. Didnt look like the same defense that played longview. They looked shell shocked and scared out there. Poor goaline play calling once again as well. That being said, parkway would have put up those kind of points against every team in our district. Parkway, in my opinion, was the best team playing in the battle on the border both days. Would have beaten longview by about 2 scores. The qb is the best we will see all year. Lsu got themselves a stud.

Marshall has no business playing teams like Parkway right now.

It's ridiculous really.

We aren't good team right now. But I think we look worse than we really are because we are playing teams out of our league. We need a schedule more like Texas High. MP. Other 4A teams.

Look at the nondistrict schedules for the teams in districts 14 and 16. With the exception of JT... None of them compare to our schedule. And we are nowhere near the level of JT.

I'm having trouble seeing the benefit of getting throttled for four weeks playing state ranked teams week after week.

I don't want a cupcake schedule. But it makes more sense to be playing teams that we can compete with.

A 3-20 team playing four straight state ranked teams is counter productive and serves no one to the better.

------------

Don't think parkway would have beat Longview IMHO.

They made some mistakes the lobos would have actually made them pay for.

On to Whitehouse. And hopefully after next week we may actually see some competitive football.

Marshall has no business playing teams like Parkway right now.

It's ridiculous really.

We aren't good team right now. But I think we look worse than we really are because we are playing teams out of our league. We need a schedule more like Texas High. MP. Other 4A teams.

Look at the nondistrict schedules for the teams in districts 14 and 16. With the exception of JT... None of them compare to our schedule. And we are nowhere near the level of JT.

I'm having trouble seeing the benefit of getting throttled for four weeks playing state ranked teams week after week.

I don't want a cupcake schedule. But it makes more sense to be playing teams that we can compete with.

A 3-20 team playing four straight state ranked teams is counter productive and serves no one to the better.

------------

Don't think parkway would have beat Longview IMHO.

They made some mistakes the lobos would have actually made them pay for.

On to Whitehouse. And hopefully after next week we may actually see some competitive football.

I am sure we can thank some of the previous admin for our non district :)

Next year I hope they have Marshall, Longview, and Lufkin all playing on the same day.

Seems like I recall they had talked to John Tyler too. Dunno what happened with that.

They keep it up and we will have a big old 12-5A reunion party. Just need to get Texas High, Lee, and Nac to the party.

Well, it happened.

Packattack on the Lp message said, Lufkin was picked to play in the 2014 Battle on the Border Football Showcase at Independence Stadium in Shreveport Louisiana. Our opponent will be Acadiana High School from Louisiana, the Wreckin' Rams. I wonder what non-district game gets dropped because of this.

Well, it happened.

Packattack on the Lp message said, Lufkin was picked to play in the 2014 Battle on the Border Football Showcase at Independence Stadium in Shreveport Louisiana. Our opponent will be Acadiana High School from Louisiana, the Wreckin' Rams. I wonder what non-district game gets dropped because of this.

What do you mean happened? It was announced like a week and a half ago that Lp was going to be involved next season. And they full on wouldn't shut up about it on Saturday.

It's going to be 7 games next season (up from 5 this year), and span Sept 11th, 12th and 13th.

Only other team mentioned was El Dorado, Arkansas. So three confirmed now that y'all mentioned Acadiana. Would imagine y'all will be either Friday night or sometime Saturday. And get ready for the sun & heat, as I'm assuming y'all will be the away team.

Well, it happened.

Maybe Nac?

What do you mean happened? It was announced like a week and a half ago that Lp was going to be involved next season. And they full on wouldn't shut up about it on Saturday.

It's going to be 7 games next season (up from 5 this year), and span Sept 11th, 12th and 13th.

Only other team mentioned was El Dorado, Arkansas. So three confirmed now that y'all mentioned Acadiana. Would imagine y'all will be either Friday night or sometime Saturday. And get ready for the sun & heat, as I'm assuming y'all will be the away team.

lol...my bad. I didn't know it was already announced. I thought Mav was hoping for it.

Maybe Nac?

Stop it.

Well, it happened.

maybe Longview??

Pine tree hasn't exactly played a top quality opponent yet this year either. Marshall could drop Longview and Kilgore, pick up Henderson and Waskom and possibly be looking like state champs right now.

Now Mavgrad99 you didn't have to throw Waskom in there, why not throw Karnack in there, even though I would like to give Marshall a shot while your down:)

Now Mavgrad99 you didn't have to throw Waskom in there, why not throw Karnack in there, even though I would like to give Marshall a shot while your down:)

Well I didn't mean to base it on your past... more of the size discrepancies. 1A beating a 4A would be down right embarrassment. However, I wasn't taking a shot at Waskom as I have no idea how good they are (and does Karnack have football now??)