Longhorns....here we go again!

dago29

Edmond has to be the worst starting UT linebacker in the past 30 years. He is getting faked out of his jock, pushed all over the place and watching ball carriers run past him on both sides. I can't believe he is in the starting lineup again this season. The UT run defense is pathetic.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edmond has to be the worst starting UT linebacker in the past 30 years. He is getting faked out of his jock, pushed all over the place and watching ball carriers run past him on both sides. I can't believe he is in the starting lineup again this season. The UT run defense is pathetic.

Where did they get him from, what school

BYU is not good. Longhorns should be worried.

I am afraid your right, don't look like the Horns or any good. Either they got bad coaching or poor players...Everytime I hear anything about their recruiting they get the cream of the crop, so it must be the coaching

The biggest problem with the defense is not Diaz, it's Akina getting what he wants. The BYU QB hasn't hurt us throwing the ball, but Akina still has his 5 DBs in the game. For the better part of the half Texas has played BYU's 2 back/TE set with only six defenders in the box. That's why we see the three coaches arguing on the sideline, and Diaz is on such a tight leash, he's afraid to raise his voice. You want to know why Akina was going to Arizona a few years ago - Muschamp didn't put up with his poop. You want to know why Akina came back - Muschamp left for Florida.

As for the offense, Applewhite seems like he's grasping for straws. Why do we not have 4-5 plays we can run either direction that is our bread and butter? We run the ball when BYU has 7-8 in the box, and we throw when they're dropping 8 into coverage.

Mack Brown really needs to step aside and Texas needs to hire from outside; Applewhite is NOT the guy. Things may change in the second half, but UT can't have these slow starts against better teams. Last, whichever coach is in charge of tackling needs to stay in Utah...period! These kids were studs in high school that knew how to tackle. Sure the game is faster, but so are we. It's the most inexcusable fault I see on the Longhorn team.

I am afraid your right, don't look like the Horns or any good. Either they got bad coaching or poor players...Everytime I hear anything about their recruiting they get the cream of the crop, so it must be the coaching

Look at the technique on D. The players are always out of position or just can't tackle. Has nothing to do with talent.

Ash has lost his accuracy from last game.

The biggest problem with the defense is not Diaz, it's Akina getting what he wants.

Disagree....Diaz is DC, not Akina. But then Mack is Head Coach & he's pulling his best Wade Phillips clueless routine. It's quite a tag-team effort to bury their head in the sand together

Disagree....Diaz is DC, not Akina. But then Mack is Head Coach & he's pulling his best Wade Phillips clueless routine. It's quite a tag-team effort to bury their head in the sand together

You really believe that? Do you see which coach does most of the talking on the sideline to the back 7? Do you see which coach is doing most of the talking to Mack? Mack is all about giving his coaches titles. Akina is the Assistant Head Coach.

And guess who got their way as UT comes out with only 6 in the box after giving up nearly 400 yards in a half...