Longhorns....here we go again!

dago29

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem with the defense is not Diaz, it's Akina getting what he wants. The BYU QB hasn't hurt us throwing the ball, but Akina still has his 5 DBs in the game. For the better part of the half Texas has played BYU's 2 back/TE set with only six defenders in the box. That's why we see the three coaches arguing on the sideline, and Diaz is on such a tight leash, he's afraid to raise his voice. You want to know why Akina was going to Arizona a few years ago - Muschamp didn't put up with his poop. You want to know why Akina came back - Muschamp left for Florida.

As for the offense, Applewhite seems like he's grasping for straws. Why do we not have 4-5 plays we can run either direction that is our bread and butter? We run the ball when BYU has 7-8 in the box, and we throw when they're dropping 8 into coverage.

Mack Brown really needs to step aside and Texas needs to hire from outside; Applewhite is NOT the guy. Things may change in the second half, but UT can't have these slow starts against better teams. Last, whichever coach is in charge of tackling needs to stay in Utah...period! These kids were studs in high school that knew how to tackle. Sure the game is faster, but so are we. It's the most inexcusable fault I see on the Longhorn team.

There is no life in that team and that is the coaches fault.

Diaz.....

Why does he still have a job? That's what I wanna know

i been saying this since his first few weeks here. could tell all the hype was just that..hype. Overrated!

All the hype and then let the mormons not beat them but HAMMER them....wow shocked at this game.

The D was still in question. NMSU is not the standard to measure anything with. I guess we will see what UT can manage to finish this out with somewhat of an unlikely comeback given the outcome so far.

They've wasted 3 years with Mack promising to turn it around. Will never understand how a coach survives at one of the top elite coaches positions in college football because of 1 season with Vince Young. Look what happened to Auburn when Cam graduated. I think I see a pattern

Normally don't say anything about Mack Brown, or post in this forum for that matter. But after watching this joke of a game tonight, it's time to fire that coach. I'm tired of it. From his weak gameplans, to his weak recruiting processes or lack there of. I'm tired of it all. Time to show this idiot the door..

And Manny can kick dirt with him too. He should be ashamed at the way this defense is playing.

They've wasted 3 years with Mack promising to turn it around. Will never understand how a coach survives at one of the top elite coaches positions in college football because of 1 season with Vince Young. Look what happened to Auburn when Cam graduated. I think I see a pattern

That's a bunch of b.s. Texas got to a national championship game without VY.

Now I do agree that Mack needs to go. I say now.....and fire Diaz's sorry butt with him

No amount of money will get Saban from Bama. They will match anything and he is the king there.

If you want a winner you go after somebody that knows texas recruiting.

They can't match anything Texas throws at him. There isn't a program in the country with the money Texas has. That's a fact.

Now whether he'd be willing to take it, that's another story. But that's where I think Texas would still have a chance...cause it's not like we're talking about a guy who's been in the same place the last 25 years here. Saban is known to move around.