School Confidentiality

JBizzle

First of all, they weren't unsubstantiated. As you pointed out, they were convicted. None of it was swept under the rug. The people went to jail. Just no one at Brownsboro gave an interview to the news..... MORON.

Here is a question for you? Since you are so smart, and you so know so much about me...... Would you have the guts to say any of this to my face? I am pretty sure you wouldn't.

I haven't said anything in defense of this coach or any other, all I've said is that y'all don't have proof but are still convicting the man. He, or anyone, doesn't deserves that.

Now for some reason you have decided to make this personal. I don't know you from Adam, mainly because you hide behind your screen name, yet you are dead set on outing me on this forum. My name is James Croley. I work in Conroe. Graduated from Daingerfield High School in 1986. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Oh and if you are hiding behind a screen name but we know each other, feel free to let me know who you are.

Little touchy there scout. How do I know so much but yet you refer to me s MORON? Coming from you...thats a compliment.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of my questions were answered and none of the points were addressed. My patience is wearing thin.

Bamaboy,

If JTownFiddler has an issue with my request, he can contact me.

I'm headed to Fort Worth to host my talk show and broadcast a HS football game.

Have a great weekend.

Thank you.

David Smoak

None of my questions were answered and none of the points were addressed. My patience is wearing thin.

Completely untrue, I said no to the beer summit.

Smoaky

Not true, I said no to the beer summit.

And, the others were answered, just not to your satisfaction, I'm sorry.

I'm headed to Fort Worth to host my talk show, broadcast a HS football game, and I hope you have a great weekend.

Smoaky

The Pine Tree Story

by: The Pine Tree Mama

As Smoaky said earlier, this is far from over. Coach Fitzhenry was allowed to return on conditions that were not released to the general public; therefore, only him and the administration at PT ISD know what those conditions are. I do know that something big was left out of this entire discussion.

(Friday, August 31)--The big issue was NOT that he pushed a student trainer. The issue was the fact that a football player slipped and hit is head in the locker room on a slab of cement after the game. When the school employed trainer attempted to assist the kid, Coach Fitzhenry used some selective language towards him and pretty much told him to stay away. The trainer was attempting to provide treatment to the player because he was knocked in a dazed-state and the trainer thought that he might have suffered a concussion with the fall. Fitzhenry denied the trainer access to the student and stated "I am going to show you who's the boss." A student had already been diagnosed with a concussion earlier that night, and the coach did not want to lose another player to a concussion considering the fact that he might miss a couple of games.

(Wednesday, September 4)--The Superintendent of Schools at Pine Tree ISD was made aware of the incident from the previous weekend. She sent the trainer to the high school to get that student out of class to get him tested for a concussion. Turns out the student DID IN FACT suffer a concussion and had been in that state for 5 days without the coaching staff or trainers being aware of it. Again, this was after the Athletic Director and Head football coach at Pine Tree High School had denied him the proper medical attention that would've detected this concussion on August 31, 2013. The student had also participated in 2 days of football practice that week before being officially diagnosed with the concussion...YES he was getting banged up while he was in a concussion state.

The sport of football is important to us Texans; however, it is not important enough to knowingly put a child at risk of losing his life. Football does not turn these boys into men. Positive male figures that exemplify integrity, discipline, compassion, and character are what ultimately will have the biggest impact on these kid's lives. There are great men in this world that have never played football a day in their life.

The president of the board of trustees for the Pine Tree ISD is best friends with Derrick Fitzhenry and this relationship IS THE MAIN REASON why Fitzhenry was allowed to return to the sidelines this week. The board president was also on the selection committee that brought this coach to Pine Tree. Coincidence?

Coach Fitzhenry can fake all he wants, but if he really loves these kids the way he boasts about it, he would've allowed this offensive lineman to receive the medical attention that he needed in that locker room at Pirate Stadium on August 31, 2013. The PT School board showed their integrity by allowing this man to return to the sidelines and continue to coach for their district. This was AGAINST the will of the PT Superintendent and I assume that she was not very happy at the end of that 6 hour board meeting.

Pine Tree community, please stop this while you can. Your sons are out here being subjected to some of the biggest negligence by a school district in the United States. This is the true story and it really needs to be heard. The school board might have put him back on the sidelines, but the people of this community need to step up and get him back off of the sidelines. You can make a man act right for a little while by "giving him conditions", however, he is who he is and this is not the 1st time nor the last time that he will show his true colors.

I am not here to slander anyone. I just feel that Pine Tree and east Texas needs to know what really happened on the night of August 31.

My son will finish the season for Pine Tree, however, we will be moving him to a new school district after he takes his STAAR tests next spring. I am, and always have been a die hard PT supporter, but my support for this school ended on Monday night.

God bless you all

Well written and thought provoking. Perhaps you will be the one to make the Open Records request and let the legal system run its course as to whether or not the information is confidential.

I totally understand what you are saying and the reason I didn't say anything about it was because I didn't have an issue with that. What I did have an issue with was where you said that this coach screwed up. I don't care what sources you have, you weren't there. Heck, you weren't even in the same state, yet you definitively say he did this. If he did, then fire his butt..... But when someone who wasn't there throws the dude under the bus with only "sources" then I think that is wrong. Especially anonymously on a sports forum. If you have proof, then share it with the admin at PT. If you are so sure he broke laws in his negligence, and have proof, call the authorities. But you didn't do that...... You did it on a sports forum.

I have seen many coaches, and a couple of trainers too, have their careers ruined because of unsubstantiated claims. Why because the people formed an opinion of the person, and even when exonerated the damage was done. You were in education right? Heck you should know better than to do that!!!

I am an athletic trainer. My source(s) are as good as what the school board has. There is no need for me to give them second hand accounts on stuff they got first hand from eye witnesses.

If you are so against sources in news stories, I would suggest you completely avoid the news.

I am an athletic trainer. My source(s) are as good as what the school board has. There is no need for me to give them second hand accounts on stuff they got first hand from eye witnesses.

If you are so against sources in news stories, I would suggest you completely avoid the news.

So you are the news?????? I just thought you were some dude on Smoaky throwing people under the bus!!!

Please get over yourself.

Little touchy there scout. How do I know so much but yet you refer to me s MORON? Coming from you...thats a compliment.

The reason I called you a moron because you completely misrepresented what happened in Brownsboro. You said the were "unsubstantiated" but you turn around and say they went to TDC. See that would make them "Substantiated". You also said that Brownsboro was trying to keep secrets, yet the day they were told of an issue with one teacher they contacted the police and uncovered 2 more situations that they also turned over to the police..... They would be the opposite of keeping secrets.

See you are of the opinion that it is the duty of the school to let everyone know exactly what happened, when it is actually the duty of the school to report to the authorities wrong doing.

I am touchy. You are going out of your way to make yourself look smart by revealing all this personal info about me on Smoaky.com. What it is really doing is making you look like a d-bag..... Either way, you didn't answer any of my questions. If you know me, then reveal yourself. 2nd, would you say any of this to me in person?

So you are the news?????? I just thought you were some dude on Smoaky throwing people under the bus!!!

Please get over yourself.

Am I throwing him under the bus or just relaying my information on here to other onlookers?

News is what you make it out to be. When a reporter with a journalism degree or an amateur one writes something, they have a source. So basically, ignore what I write if you don't find what I wrote credible enough for you.

Am I throwing him under the bus or just relaying my information on here to other onlookers?

News is what you make it out to be. When a reporter with a journalism degree or an amateur one writes something, they have a source. So basically, ignore what I write if you don't find what I wrote credible enough for you.

The fact that someone is a professional Reporter lends credibility to his statements in reporting stories and allows a reader to "trust" that his sources have been checked out and the story told has been checked out.

Being a Professional Trainer lends credibility to ability to identify and treat injuries.

Being a professional trainer does not lend credibility to you being a person to report the news.

See where I am going here? If a professional reporter does it, then he is reporting a story and doing what his expertise is in. He has people that he answers to when he makes a mistake. He has consequences when he is wrong. This is what makes him credible. When an Athletic Trainer does it when he doesn't even live in the STATE in which it happened, then it is called rumours and Throwing the man under the bus. If you are wrong you have no consequences, you don't even have to pat your chest and say "My Bad"!!!!

Surely a college educated person such as yourself knows the difference?

I know the difference, but let me ask you something, when someone from outside of the city of Marshall reported Thedrick Harris being put on paid leave before anyone else had reported it, it was based on rumors? Or did this certain person with ties to that school, get first hand knowledge on it and passed it on to the right people? I see no difference in what I did then, and what I am doing now. I commented on that Marshall situation then, the same as I am commenting on this Pine Tree situation. WITH CREDIBLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION. Not as a reporter, but as a bystander, like everyone else on this thread, EXCEPT, I have talked to a couple of first hand witnesses to the situation. I guess if I am not ABC, CBS, FOX News, etc, I have to be there and see it with my own eyes to make it true.

I know the difference, but let me ask you something, when someone from outside of the city of Marshall reported Thedrick Harris being put on paid leave before anyone else had reported it, it was based on rumors? Or did this certain person with ties to that school, get first hand knowledge on it and passed it on to the right people? I see no difference in what I did then, and what I am doing now. I commented on that Marshall situation then, the same as I am commenting on this Pine Tree situation. WITH CREDIBLE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION. Not as a reporter, but as a bystander, like everyone else on this thread, EXCEPT, I have talked to a couple of first hand witnesses to the situation. I guess if I am not ABC, CBS, FOX News, etc, I have to be there and see it with my own eyes to make it true.

If you posted firsthand knowledge then no problem. If you commented on the situation then no problem. If you posted "facts" that were not privy to the public and said that they were true based on what a friend of yours told you then yes it is wrong. Dude, no matter what those people told you it does not make it true. It is not your responsibility as a Rehabilitation facilitator in Atlanta Georgia to post as fact something that someone else told you. That makes it inflammatory and throwing someone under the bus.

How would you feel if it were about you? If somehow you made a mistake in your career and were put on leave, then after your bosses made the decision to re-instate you, you get on your local Rehab forum and some coach from 4 states over was saying stuff about you that they heard from an eyewitness? I would think that you would be angry. That you would feel like you were thrown under a bus. Mainly because the coach throwing you under the bus wasn't in the Closed Meeting, didn;t get to hear your rebuttal of said Eyewitness accounts, and only has 2nd hand info from someone. I bet you wouldn't even care that the "source" was credible.

But if it wouldn't bother you.... then by all means, carry on.

That would be good advice for all of society. A lot of dead horses would breathe a sigh of relief.

Jabbo go ahead an give 'em your real name.

Know problem..... I told them James but nobody in East Texas knows me as that... LOL.

Jabo Croley. Conroe Texas. Daingerfield High School class of '86.

Thanks Buddy!!

The bold print is our problem...... First hand knowledge would be that you saw it with your own eyes, that the knowledge you gained came from your own eyewitness account. Secondhand knowledge comes to you from someone else who has "firsthand knowledge". So if you weren't there and didn't see it then it can't possibly be firsthand knowledge, which by definition makes it rumor.

With the stuff going on in Pine Tree, one thing I've noticed is the school board doesn't have to tell the public anything about what happened. How can a public school not explain to the taxpayers what has taken place. Also they don't have to tell the conditions of the coach's reinstatement. I understand privacy, but these employees chose to work in public schools around KIDS! Not sure how I feel about this.

Did they not have to report in their school board meeting?

Did they not have to report in their school board meeting?

No. Anything that pertains to an employees contract status or any disciplinary actions are by law to be held in closed session unless requested to be public by the employee. If any votes are taken, then they have to occur in public, but all discussion is confidential.

The bold print is our problem...... First hand knowledge would be that you saw it with your own eyes, that the knowledge you gained came from your own eyewitness account. Secondhand knowledge comes to you from someone else who has "firsthand knowledge". So if you weren't there and didn't see it then it can't possibly be firsthand knowledge, which by definition makes it rumor.

If I am proved wrong in my previous accounts of this story, I will come back and eat my words and apologize to PTISD and Coach personally. However, I don't expect to have to do any of that.

The reason I called you a moron because you completely misrepresented what happened in Brownsboro. You said the were "unsubstantiated" but you turn around and say they went to TDC. See that would make them "Substantiated". You also said that Brownsboro was trying to keep secrets, yet the day they were told of an issue with one teacher they contacted the police and uncovered 2 more situations that they also turned over to the police..... They would be the opposite of keeping secrets.

See you are of the opinion that it is the duty of the school to let everyone know exactly what happened, when it is actually the duty of the school to report to the authorities wrong doing.

I am touchy. You are going out of your way to make yourself look smart by revealing all this personal info about me on Smoaky.com. What it is really doing is making you look like a d-bag..... Either way, you didn't answer any of my questions. If you know me, then reveal yourself. 2nd, would you say any of this to me in person?

Once again I have to correct you. Not ALL of those involved in .the misconduct at Brownsboro went to TDC. You've also failed to address the the damage to the victims and as a girl's softball coach, I'd think this would be a big concern. Reverting to the title of this thread SCHOOL CONFIDENTIALITY, do you know at least one of the Brownsboro school employees had done the same thing before? Wouldn't you agree these people need to be "exposed" and not allowed to simply transfer to another school where they can continue to molest kids?

This has been blown way out.......if yall knew half of the stuff that went on at practices and the locker room you would probably #### your pants....so get yalls panties out of a wad and let PTISD handle this.

Stop your Boo Hoo in.

Just let this go and let PT try for a winning season.

Good Grief

I've participated in and attended many practices over the past 30 years and never once have I wanted to #### my pants. I guess that's because morals and ethics have always been a big part of the programs I have been associated with. And of course during those 30 something-odd years, I have been a part of a losing program 1 year. Not because of me, as I quit playing long ago, but because we didn't have to have a "scary" program to get results. Our kids play and played hard because that is what we demonstrated, and the only thing we accepted. Obviously if the "scare" tactics are being used in PT, maybe it is time to change as some schools win more in a season than PT has in the last decade.

In cases like this, the lack of information given is usually a result of trying to protect the rights of the student, not the teacher or in this case, the head football coach. It's hard to make a decision that is ultimately based on a he said she said kind of thing. They may have made the right decision or the wrong? Only the people closest to the situation will really ever know. But in today's society where everything is usually fairly forthcoming with details and information, it's not often a teacher/coach just gets away with abuse or negligence. Just some food for thought.

Once again I have to correct you. Not ALL of those involved in .the misconduct at Brownsboro went to TDC. You've also failed to address the the damage to the victims and as a girl's softball coach, I'd think this would be a big concern. Reverting to the title of this thread SCHOOL CONFIDENTIALITY, do you know at least one of the Brownsboro school employees had done the same thing before? Wouldn't you agree these people need to be "exposed" and not allowed to simply transfer to another school where they can continue to molest kids?

Dude who the heck are you? I was there at Brownsboro, I know what happened. I wasn't getting into the details with you, I was pointing out YOUR inconsistencies. I didn't mention TDC you did, it was you who said that the "unsubstantiated" ended up putting them in TDC I just pointed out that you contradicted yourself. You have constantly put words into my mouth that I haven't said. And its getting quite a bit old. Why don't you go back and read what I have said and see where you have confused me with someone else to get this whole Junk started. Heck, even the dude who said what you attributed to me came on here and said it was him and not me.

Why the heck do you think that getting into my personal life is going to change my opinion that what is happening at PT shouldn't be talked about on Smoaky.... and judgement should be reserved for the people who are in charge?

I don't know anything about PT's situation except what I've read on here. I just wish you people would quit convicting a man and dragging hearsay out on this forum. The people in charge at PT will do what they see best for the kids in PT and you dragging all this junk up with your hearsay ain't going to change it. And then to bring up Stuff that happened at a school 9 some odd years ago has been dealt with...... I think you are proving my point about you!!!!

I will leave you with this....... If you know anything about me then you know this, the kids I coach are of utmost importance to me and always have and will be.

I have had about all of your BS hiding behind a screen name while pretending you know a dang thing about me. If you know me, tell me who you are. If you don't then you might want to quit dragging my personal info out in open forum. In other words, either man up or shut up!!!