Garrison vs San Augustine

baseballcoach

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They arent playing Joaquin!

Really, you'll see. Dogs r for real. Maybe y'all will make the playoffs and get to play us but that's a big ?, since y'all won't beat shelbyville. Talk is cheap tho, I really do hope we get a crack at y'all so we can change your smarty attitude. Roll Dawgs

Really, you'll see. Dogs r for real. Maybe y'all will make the playoffs and get to play us but that's a big ?, since y'all won't beat shelbyville. Talk is cheap tho, I really do hope we get a crack at y'all so we can change your smarty attitude. Roll Dawgs

I imagine garrison is for real. But Joaquin isnt.

They arent playing Joaquin!

joaquin would have a much better chance than sa. at least we have won a couple of games and the last we seen sa is still offer. but then u always did talk out the back of ur head. joaquin lost nearly all their starters to graduation but at least we have a win what do the wolves have a big old goose egg.

Says the guy whose team is 0-2.

You are correct San Augustine is 0-2. But the beauty of it is, in 3 weeks it don't matter. San Augustine is a good football team that is fighting their tails off. There is maybe 1 or 2 other 1A schools in this half of the state playing the quality pre season schedule that SA is. As long as they keep fighting and growing and improving they are going to be tough to handle. There is a team up highway 96/59 that went through a similar preseason last year and wound up playing in Jerry's World. They got better each week and it paid off. Do I think SA can get to Jerry's World? That's a long ways off and there is alot of football between now and then, but they've got just as good a chance as anybody in 1A east Texas right now.

You are correct San Augustine is 0-2. But the beauty of it is, in 3 weeks it don't matter. San Augustine is a good football team that is fighting their tails off. There is maybe 1 or 2 other 1A schools in this half of the state playing the quality pre season schedule that SA is. As long as they keep fighting and growing and improving they are going to be tough to handle. There is a team up highway 96/59 that went through a similar preseason last year and wound up playing in Jerry's World. They got better each week and it paid off. Do I think SA can get to Jerry's World? That's a long ways off and there is alot of football between now and then, but they've got just as good a chance as anybody in 1A east Texas right now.

yeah but dont u think those boys wanted to win and it mattered to them just guessing but i think it did matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing SA off by any means. You are 100% right. I was responding to Wolverines potshot at Joaquin. All of our guys are trying to show RESPECT, because we are pretty much in the same boat, trying to fill holes left by a big senior class. He must have been absent the day they learned that word.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing SA off by any means. You are 100% right. I was responding to Wolverines potshot at Joaquin. All of our guys are trying to show RESPECT, because we are pretty much in the same boat, trying to fill holes left by a big senior class. He must have been absent the day they learned that word.

I fully understand where you are coming from.

Of course the kids want to win those games. Heck if you'd see how hard they have played in person the last two weeks you would understand. We've got kids who have never played varsity snaps who don't come off the field. These 2 games the guys have literally gave it everything they had up until the final horn sounded.

Tyler Grace and Deweyville are 2 very solid ball clubs. Both would beat alot of 1A teams in East Texas. Would I trade our schedule for anyone else's though? Probably not because I think if these guys can mentally hang in there until grapeland in Week 6 then it'll pay tremendous dividends.

I fully understand where you are coming from.

Of course the kids want to win those games. Heck if you'd see how hard they have played in person the last two weeks you would understand. We've got kids who have never played varsity snaps who don't come off the field. These 2 games the guys have literally gave it everything they had up until the final horn sounded.

Tyler Grace and Deweyville are 2 very solid ball clubs. Both would beat alot of 1A teams in East Texas. Would I trade our schedule for anyone else's though? Probably not because I think if these guys can mentally hang in there until grapeland in Week 6 then it'll pay tremendous dividends.

I agree with you on the schedule. We have a hard time scheduling quality teams. Hemphill was a good matchup when we scheduled them 4 years ago. SA, WS, and Alto are all potential 1st round playoff opponents, so neither our coach or theirs really wants that. Tenaha is a good game for all of the D1s on their schedule, because they're about as good as you're going to see.