Smoaky Hall Of Fame

OLEMAN

He went into voluntary retirement. He has popped in once for a quick take on a game and back into retirement again. I do believe he said he is monitoring what is being said though.

He is a fine man. Got to do what he has to do. God speed Franksnbeans

Wow

I have been looking at this years treads and I miss some real people that added alot to this web site that are no longer with us. The two that come to mine are Pops and Topcat. Both had passion for their home town but both sent forward a voice of reason as to how games would turn out. Most of all they both respected the game and those who took part.

As long as you are here big guy we will somehow manage to fight the good fight. The others are missed and admired but there is only ONE "oleman"!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Dittos on missing the posters mentioned here and heartfelt prayers for the family and friends of those who have passed. I hope that they are comforted by fond memories like those expressed here until such time as they meet again. What is the story on "Pops"??? Along with some spirited discussion and a lot of well informed posts, Pops put up some of the funniest pics and captions and other stuff I have ever read on any forum. And I'm talking spitting coffee into the keyboard, side splitting, tears running down the face funny! Does someone know why he is not posting here now? Hope all is well. And best regards, green lights, and blue skies to Smoaky and to all here! A lesson once again I suppose that we all need to truly appreciate the people and things that make us happy while there is time to do so! http://youtu.be/RCo3pH-6ZT0

Wow

I have been looking at this years treads and I miss some real people that added alot to this web site that are no longer with us. The two that come to mine are Pops and Topcat. Both had passion for their home town but both sent forward a voice of reason as to how games would turn out. Most of all they both respected the game and those who took part.

Hear hear OLEMAN!

He passed away a few months back.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137081

I am very sorry to hear that and greatly saddened by it. Prayers go up for his family and friends, and especially to his daughter who bravely shared this news I am just now reading in your link. Thank you for the response. And to those he leaves behind, I also lost my father to a sudden heart attack when he was only 47, a few days before Christmas that year. Please let me know how I can help or specifically pray as it would be a privilege.

I am very sorry to hear that and greatly saddened by it. Prayers go up for his family and friends, and especially to his daughter who bravely shared this news I am just now reading in your link. Thank you for the response. And to those he leaves behind, I also lost my father to a sudden heart attack when he was only 47, a few days before Christmas that year. Please let me know how I can help or specifically pray as it would be a privilege.

+1

A privilege indeed.

*tears* I know he absolutely LOVED this place, he spoke of it often...especially during football season.....Thank yall for missing him too <3

~Heather

I dropped in because I had a question and Pops is who could answer it for me...Maybe yall could help? My husband is driving out to west Texas and wanted to see if anyone knew if there was any internet broadcasts of crosstown showdowns?? Our big Paris/North Lamar game is tonight and he was hoping there was a way to listen in?

{{{Hugs}}} to you all!

*tears* I know he absolutely LOVED this place, he spoke of it often...especially during football season.....Thank yall for missing him too <3

~Heather

I dropped in because I had a question and Pops is who could answer it for me...Maybe yall could help? My husband is driving out to west Texas and wanted to see if anyone knew if there was any internet broadcasts of crosstown showdowns?? Our big Paris/North Lamar game is tonight and he was hoping there was a way to listen in?

{{{Hugs}}} to you all!

We loved Pops, and we love you too Heather.

Smoaky

Hard to see Our Smoaky friends pass us by. Many of us met POPs and Topcat but even if u hadn't makes no difference. You get to know them just thru the communication on this site. Strange how your not really strangers and can talk like you have known eachother for years when you finally meet a fellow Smoaker