62 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins?

• Chapel Hill
    • Gilmer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CH will be a good test this week for a Gilmer team trying to measure themselves with all their weapons. I predict Gilmer will throw everything they can at CH this week in order for the coaches to find out what this team is truly capable of against a better than average maybe top twenty team. It will be interesting to see what CH really has to stop the Buckeye onslaught on offense. If CH can get stops, then this is what will get the Gilmer coaches interest. They know Kilgore already has a very good defense and will be scouting this game. The only way to play this type of team and possibly win is to stay close or have a lead, work the clock, and try to win the turnover battle. Gilmer will want to use a lot of their playbook this week before their bye week so they can see what plays and schemes need some work while they have 2 weeks off. Gilmer is supremely confident, so that also may help CH....or it could also be a detriment. I really have no idea about CH other than what I have read, but I have seen tape of Gilmer and am familiar with many of their players by name and position from last season. They are the real deal, alright.....and I have no doubt that the CH coaches will get their boyz prepared for this battle. Good luck to both teams this Friday. CH does have homefield advantage, so that's an advantage most of the time.

Not really sure what Chapel Hill can do to win this game. Should defiantly be entertaining that's for sure. Here are my thoughts:

For Gilmer to win:

* Play Buckeye football

* Avoid the costly turnovers/penalties

* Offensive line plays like they did against Gladewater

* Execute

For Chapel Hill to win:

* Avoid Costly turnovers/penalties

* Control the line of scrimmage

* Score every time

To beat this Buckeye team, Chapel Hill will simply have to outscore them, and I just don't see that happening, especially since they just lost their best player. they may keep it close for a quarter or so, but I think Gilmer pulls away and wins with relative ease.

Gilmer 56

Chapel Hill 24

Not really sure what Chapel Hill can do to win this game. Should defiantly be entertaining that's for sure. Here are my thoughts:

For Gilmer to win:

* Play Buckeye football

* Execute

For Chapel Hill to win:

* Score every time

To beat this Buckeye team, Chapel Hill will simply have to outscore them, and I just don't see that happening, especially since they just lost their best player. they may keep it close for a quarter or so, but I think Gilmer pulls away and wins with relative ease.

Gilmer 56

Chapel Hill 24

+1

CH will be a good test this week for a Gilmer team trying to measure themselves with all their weapons. I predict Gilmer will throw everything they can at CH this week in order for the coaches to find out what this team is truly capable of against a better than average maybe top twenty team. It will be interesting to see what CH really has to stop the Buckeye onslaught on offense. If CH can get stops, then this is what will get the Gilmer coaches interest. They know Kilgore already has a very good defense and will be scouting this game. The only way to play this type of team and possibly win is to stay close or have a lead, work the clock, and try to win the turnover battle. Gilmer will want to use a lot of their playbook this week before their bye week so they can see what plays and schemes need some work while they have 2 weeks off. Gilmer is supremely confident, so that also may help CH....or it could also be a detriment. I really have no idea about CH other than what I have read, but I have seen tape of Gilmer and am familiar with many of their players by name and position from last season. They are the real deal, alright.....and I have no doubt that the CH coaches will get their boyz prepared for this battle. Good luck to both teams this Friday. CH does have homefield advantage, so that's an advantage most of the time.

Gilmer will be Gilmer, and you think the team you saw last year in Mesquite was good, this one will make your head spin!

Gilmer might score 63 but not hold ch to 24.

Gilmer 52

Ch. 42

Whoa! Chapel Hill will score 42 on the Black Flag defense?? That is a BOLD statement! I don't have any idea what the final score will be, but I seriously doubt that'll happen. We have been known to call the Black Flag defense "rabid spider monkeys" with the speed and coverage they have, not to mention the pressure they put on the opposing QBs and RBs.

I guess it "could" happen, but I would be EXTREMELY surprised and disappointed if they did.

For Gilmer to win:

* Play Buckeye football

* Execute

For Chapel Hill to win:

* Score every time

Gilmer 56

Chapel Hill 24

+1 Good breakdown

It's only a day away!!!!!!!! Ready to watch this game!

I don't see this game as being no blow out, Chapel Hill will rally around Clark, we saw the same last year with Navasota, when their #1 team player went down, Chapel Hill has the atheletes to get it done, they match the Bucks plus some, with an enrollment of 1100, I believe this will probably be the last meeting for the two teams, Chapel Hill will probably be a solid 5A program, unless they schedule a preaseason matchup with Gilmer! I'm going to say though "IF" the Buckeyes, have had a good week of practice, and are focused as they were last week, and the Oline's play is as good as it was last week, the Bucks make a easy night of it, but, if they get sloppy, this is anybody's ballgame!

I don't see this game as being no blow out, Chapel Hill will rally around Clark, we saw the same last year with Navasota, when their #1 team player went down, Chapel Hill has the atheletes to get it done, they match the Bucks plus some, with an enrollment of 1100, I believe this will probably be the last meeting for the two teams, Chapel Hill will probably be a solid 5A program, unless they schedule a preaseason matchup with Gilmer! I'm going to say though "IF" the Buckeyes, have had a good week of practice, and are focused as they were last week, and the Oline's play is as good as it was last week, the Bucks make a easy night of it, but, if they get sloppy, this is anybody's ballgame!

I can agree with you. Navasota last year was a whole different situation. It wasn't their top player, but it was their starting RB, and they did play inspired, and extremely focused football. We were gonna have to have our best game of the year, and a little luck to beat Navasota last year anyway.

The thing about Chapel Hill, who has about 900 students, and will be playing in 4A-D1 next year, is they definitely always have the talent to match up with the Buckeyes most of the time. There's no doubt the Buckeyes will have to be FOCUSED, and play up to their capabilities to win this game. If they don't, it's probably gonna be a struggle. This far into the season, and with all the games counting, a sloppy game would definitely be a big step back. I know it's NEVER mentioned in the fieldhouse about rankings, but I will mention it because RANKINGS DON'T MEAN DOODLEY SQUAT! You still have to perform on the field.

If the Buckeyes have matured enough like I think they have, they shouldn't have another "sloppy" game this year. The offensive line will definitely have to continue to improve, and give Tanner Barr time to throw because Chapel Hill has some good cover players in their defensive backfield. The more time they can give him, the better the chances are that our receivers will get open. The running game will definitely HAVE to be established to keep the pressure off Tanner, and keep the blitzes from being frequent.

The Black Flag will definitely have to SHUT DOWN Chapel Hill's running game and put pressure on the QB, Black. The Black Flag defense has been very good, but have at times made mistakes (penalties, mostly), and relaxed after giving up big conversions. They need to stay in ATTACK mode the entire game.

If all this happens for the Buckeyes, I don't think Chapel Hill will be able to keep up on the scoreboard. I will NOT, however, take them for granted, and I pray our players won't, 'cause if they do Chapel Hill will make them pay..., not to mention the coaches next week!

I can agree with you. Navasota last year was a whole different situation. It wasn't their top player, but it was their starting RB, and they did play inspired, and extremely focused football. We were gonna have to have our best game of the year, and a little luck to beat Navasota last year anyway.

The thing about Chapel Hill, who has about 900 students, and will be playing in 4A-D1 next year, is they definitely always have the talent to match up with the Buckeyes most of the time. There's no doubt the Buckeyes will have to be FOCUSED, and play up to their capabilities to win this game. If they don't, it's probably gonna be a struggle. This far into the season, and with all the games counting, a sloppy game would definitely be a big step back. I know it's NEVER mentioned in the fieldhouse about rankings, but I will mention it because RANKINGS DON'T MEAN DOODLEY SQUAT! You still have to perform on the field.

If the Buckeyes have matured enough like I think they have, they shouldn't have another "sloppy" game this year. The offensive line will definitely have to continue to improve, and give Tanner Barr time to throw because Chapel Hill has some good cover players in their defensive backfield. The more time they can give him, the better the chances are that our receivers will get open. The running game will definitely HAVE to be established to keep the pressure off Tanner, and keep the blitzes from being frequent.

The Black Flag will definitely have to SHUT DOWN Chapel Hill's running game and put pressure on the QB, Black. The Black Flag defense has been very good, but have at times made mistakes (penalties, mostly), and relaxed after giving up big conversions. They need to stay in ATTACK mode the entire game.

If all this happens for the Buckeyes, I don't think Chapel Hill will be able to keep up on the scoreboard. I will NOT, however, take them for granted, and I pray our players won't, 'cause if they do Chapel Hill will make them pay..., not to mention the coaches next week!

+1 good post