62 members have voted

1. 1. Which team wins?

• Chapel Hill
    • Gilmer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmer will win, but I really hope that the attitude, humility, of the team is better than some of the Gilmer fans that are here on smoakys

Every town has those kind of people, but it's not the consensus, and some of those people just stir the pot to get a response. It livens it up a little when it's slow on here like it has been. Personally, I have nothing but R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for our opponents because you never know how the ball will bounce, or how 14-18 year old men will respond on the field in every circumstance. The players will still have to go out on the field and PERFORM. That comes with preparation, focus, intensity, and execution. The only way to be focused is to respect your opponent. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for a sloppy performance, and if that happens, a possible upset. I do think the maturity of this Buckeye team will prevent that from happening.

By the way, some of the posters on this thread are not from Gilmer. I don't know who you are referring to, but I thought you might want to realize that.

chapel hill has apx 1200 students,,about double size of gilmer..will be 5a next year..or 4a lf it was this year

Dang! I didn't know they had grown that much in 2 years. I guess 5A is definitely not out of the realm of possibility at all. It looks there are very few 4A teams (5A next year) in this area that could beat some of the top tier 3A (4A next year) teams, so that may not be any tougher for them to adjust to initially. It will be tougher on them in the long run unless they get their numbers up to where some of the other teams are.

I can agree with you. Navasota last year was a whole different situation. It wasn't their top player, but it was their starting RB, and they did play inspired, and extremely focused football. We were gonna have to have our best game of the year, and a little luck to beat Navasota last year anyway.

The thing about Chapel Hill, who has about 900 students, and will be playing in 4A-D1 next year, is they definitely always have the talent to match up with the Buckeyes most of the time. There's no doubt the Buckeyes will have to be FOCUSED, and play up to their capabilities to win this game. If they don't, it's probably gonna be a struggle. This far into the season, and with all the games counting, a sloppy game would definitely be a big step back. I know it's NEVER mentioned in the fieldhouse about rankings, but I will mention it because RANKINGS DON'T MEAN DOODLEY SQUAT! You still have to perform on the field.

If the Buckeyes have matured enough like I think they have, they shouldn't have another "sloppy" game this year. The offensive line will definitely have to continue to improve, and give Tanner Barr time to throw because Chapel Hill has some good cover players in their defensive backfield. The more time they can give him, the better the chances are that our receivers will get open. The running game will definitely HAVE to be established to keep the pressure off Tanner, and keep the blitzes from being frequent.

The Black Flag will definitely have to SHUT DOWN Chapel Hill's running game and put pressure on the QB, Black. The Black Flag defense has been very good, but have at times made mistakes (penalties, mostly), and relaxed after giving up big conversions. They need to stay in ATTACK mode the entire game.

If all this happens for the Buckeyes, I don't think Chapel Hill will be able to keep up on the scoreboard. I will NOT, however, take them for granted, and I pray our players won't, 'cause if they do Chapel Hill will make them pay..., not to mention the coaches next week!

I had heard there most recent number was 1100 as of today, not past enrollmnent but regardless they will be solid 5A is what im hearing!

I had heard there most recent number was 1100 as of today, not past enrollmnent but regardless they will be solid 5A is what im hearing!

I expect the top number in next year's 4A to go up a little to provide enough schools for the split. It's anybody's guess where the cutoff will be, though. I didn't know they had grown that much over there, but if what summitstock says is true, then I do think they will be 5A next year. It may not hurt them in football initially, but if their numbers don't continue to increase, it will be a struggle after a year or so. Depth matters, because with depth comes depth in talent, too.

Dang! I didn't know they had grown that much in 2 years. I guess 5A is definitely not out of the realm of possibility at all. It looks there are very few 4A teams (5A next year) in this area that could beat some of the top tier 3A (4A next year) teams, so that may not be any tougher for them to adjust to initially. It will be tougher on them in the long run unless they get their numbers up to where some of the other teams are.

might wonna check yo facts, befo you flap dat trap! jus sayn!

dang yo way or da highway, looks like, you da new buckeye sheriff!

Lol, just telling it like it is. They can't take ANY team too lightly. If they do they will struggle, and that's definitely not what any Buckeye fan wants to see. These are youngsters we're talking about. You never know for sure what'll happen if they start believing all the "hype", or whether it will affect their focus. I think they are mature enough to handle it, though.

Gilmer will win, but I really hope that the attitude, humility, of the team is better than some of the Gilmer fans that are here on smoakys

I have an attitude & humility & we have the best damn team in the State of Texas in 3A...does that qualify me as a homer?

yes some do...the goduck, buckeyebub..and out of towners...and buckeye haters....as for me....i like to blow them out....i want to try score 80 on like spring hill or dangerfield but i am humble........TONIGHT....BLOWOUT.......56-14 :D :wub: :coolio:

you kidding....i hope we break the scoring record on these clowns......we need to step on every other teams chest untill the last game of the yr...............BLOW THEM GATES WIDE OPEN

now there you go....be humble now :wub: :rolleyes: :(

I'm a CH fan and nothing posted by a buckeye fan has bothered me. Their team is exceptionally good, and they have the right to talk their team up. I did it when CH went 15-0.

Safe travels and good luck gilmer! Pray for no injuries either team. This game will probly not turn out in chapel hills favor but always fun to host gilmer. This will be chapel hills fourth game against a top 20 opponent and third top 5. Gotta play the best to be the best! Exited to watch Boyd run. Has he commited to anyone yet?