Carlisle vs. Overton

FearTheSpear78

15 members have voted

1. 1. Whose going to win?

• Carlisle
    • Overton

...from this Saturday's edition:

Upset-minded Mustangs scalp Injuns 70-0

OVERTON — In a disturbing display of gridiron dominance, the previously-winless Overton Mustangs had their way with the Carlisle Indians to the tune of a 70-0 rout.

OHS head coach Josh Barton told reporters at the post-game press conference he'd never seen such a one-sided matchup.

"Not since college, when I beat [OHS offensive coordinator] Seth Drennan 84-0 on Super Tecmo Bowl," he said. "For some reason he picked the Buccaneers and I had the Raiders […] it wasn't pretty and we didn't talk for a few days after that one."

With Overton jumping out to a 42-0 lead in the first quarter, Barton said he tried to keep from running up the score.

"We played 8th graders the entire second half," he said. "I thought about pulling kids from the band, but their numbers are low as it is."

As expected, numerous brawls broke out in the stands during the game. The first occurred after Overton returned the opening kickoff 80 yards for a score. Another one started just before halftime when an Overton player was flagged for targeting, and the player promptly hurled the penalty flag into the Carlisle stands.

The final straw for officials was when a riot among both fanbases broke out upon learning that the OHS concession stand had run out of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

As a result, the stands were cleared and the rest of the game was played in relative silence — without further incident and with good sportsmanship shown by both teams.

OVERTON — In a disturbing display of gridiron dominance, the previously-winless Overton Mustangs had their way with the Carlisle Indians to the tune of a 70-0 rout.

OHS head coach Josh Barton told reporters at the post-game press conference he'd never seen such a one-sided matchup.

"Not since college, when I beat [OHS offensive coordinator] Seth Drennan 84-0 on Super Tecmo Bowl," he said. "For some reason he picked the Buccaneers and I had the Raiders […] it wasn't pretty and we didn't talk for a few days after that one."

With Overton jumping out to a 42-0 lead in the first quarter, Barton said he tried to keep from running up the score.

"We played 8th graders the entire second half," he said. "I thought about pulling kids from the band, but their numbers are low as it is."

As expected, numerous brawls broke out in the stands during the game. The first occurred after Overton returned the opening kickoff 80 yards for a score. Another one started just before halftime when an Overton player was flagged for targeting, and the player promptly hurled the penalty flag into the Carlisle stands.

The final straw for officials was when a riot among both fanbases broke out upon learning that the OHS concession stand had run out of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

As a result, the stands were cleared and the rest of the game was played in relative silence — without further incident and with good sportsmanship shown by both teams.

That's funny Matthias, but seriously get off your Madden game...lol. After seeing Overton only put up 6 on Shelbyville, I think they are in for a looonnnggg night!

No Rocky has never lost to Overton, and prolly won't . He can have a bad year but not a bad year and lose to O-town. Not allowed, no... Just no.....

He lost his first year in Carlisle. That was the only year though! I'm going to say that Coach Baker and those Injuns keep the tradition rolling and win 38-7

No Rocky has never lost to Overton, and prolly won't . He can have a bad year but not a bad year and lose to O-town. Not allowed, no... Just no.....

In about 3 years he will (if he hangs around)...when the freshman now are seniors and our 7th and 8th graders are juniors and sophomores...whoa, look out...lol

What is the deal with Overton this year anyway? After making the playoffs, and winning a game in the playoffs, I know they lost some but really didnt see this coming.

A combination of things...mainly I think it's the offensive line...three new starters, one a freshman and a sophomore who has never played before...in time they will be great, but still learning...and no one has stepped up to be an on the field leader...in a few years though, watch out...

Love your humor...wish it could be reality...if even by one point...