State of the Race 14-4A

Mavchamp

I have a feeling the Hallsville/Texas High game is going to be a barnburner.

And most likely for the district title.

Hallsville's defense put up a stellar showing against PT, and held them to fewer points that T-high. Hallsville is still suspect in my book it appear at times in the PT game that they could score at will, but they only put up 35 points. I would like to see the offense be more explosive... score more points!!!!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree and was stirring the pot... and if they end up #2, then I was right since that's where I predicted them.... just eat a lil crow and admit tx high is better than you thought they were...

I don't remember thinking they were not good. I will let you know what I think about them when I see them play. But is it true the ref's are Grim stadium is not a friendly place for the opposition of Texas High.

Are they saying they "CHEAT" at Grim stadium...

That Texas High game with Hallsville will be played at Grim stadium. Not a friendly place for the opposition of Texas High

No, thats not what hes getting at. I was on the team in when we were the only team to defeat them when they won their state title. Its just one of those fields that its hard to win in if your the opposition. Old Sam Parker Field was the same way. Its just how it is. I loved playing at Grimm when we visited there. Great atmosphere to play in. Im sure its the same at Lobo or at the Rose.

No, thats not what hes getting at. I was on the team in when we were the only team to defeat them when they won their state title. Its just one of those fields that its hard to win in if your the opposition. Old Sam Parker Field was the same way. Its just how it is. I loved playing at Grimm when we visited there. Great atmosphere to play in. Im sure its the same at Lobo or at the Rose.

I don't know budman, seems like I read that statement in another thread somewhere about T-high and Grim stadium...and that "home cooking" they do, down there at Grim stadium, if you know what I mean? But we shall see...

I don't know budman, seems like I read that statement in another thread somewhere about T-high and Grim stadium...and that "home cooking" they do, down there at Grim stadium, if you know what I mean? But we shall see...

That was a single SS poster. He didn't get any bites with the bait he threw out

Texas High* 3-0

Sul Springs* 2-1

Hallsville* 2-1

Marshall* 2-1

Pine Tree 0-3

Mt. Pleasant 0-3

*Clinched a playoff spot.

The playoff teams are decided. Just a matter of the order.

Honestly....the only interesting matchup left is Hallsville-Texas High IMHO

Playoff Watch

Denison 4-1, 5-3
Wylie East 4-1, 5-3
Lucas Lovejoy 3-2, 5-3
McKinney North 3-2, 4-4
Wylie 3-2, 4-4
Sherman 2-3, 3-5
Royce City 1-4, 1-7
Greenville 0-8, 0-5

Still too muddy to call. And enrollments have changed from the numbers stated. Some of them had big jumps up in numbers (McKinney North), while others had significant drops.

Hard to guess who would play who in the first round till this irons out a little more AND...until we get all the enrollment numbers since so many of their school's numbers are bunched up together.

Texas High and Marshall will be Div I for sure
Hallsville and SS will be Div II.

Looks like Div I for 15-4A should be McKinney North/Wylie East with Wylie
Div II will likely be Denison and Lucas Lovejoy.

Next week will be critical for some of them. Depends on the nexte 2 weeks' outcomes

mavchamp first and foremost i appreciate all your analysis seriously. for someone like myself who struggles to understand the future of realignment your input is valued. what is the fate of our current district? does it just depend on who goes east and who gets caught up with dfw? thanks in advance!

Texas High* 3-0

Sul Springs* 2-1

Hallsville* 2-1

Marshall* 2-1

Pine Tree 0-3

Mt. Pleasant 0-3

*Clinched a playoff spot.

The playoff teams are decided. Just a matter of the order.

Honestly....the only interesting matchup left is Hallsville-Texas High IMHO

Doesn't MP still have a "shot" at playoffs if they beat Hallsville and PT, coupled with Hallsville losing to T-High?

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

The realignment is really anyone's guess.

Especially this coming alignment because of how radical some of the changes could be.

The first question to ask is what are the cutoffs going to be.... Top numbers and bottom numbers.

For our current classification (soon to be class 5A) we have we have the possibility of Longview and Lufkin dropping down. They are on the bubble going either way.

The. The question of Sulphur Springs, Lindale, and Jacksonville moving down. One of them? Two? All three. None of them?

Luckily we won't have to wait till Feburary to find out. UIL will announce the cutoffs in November. That way we will know who is moving up or down.

The question then is who goes where with what is left?

Does Texas High and MP (and maybe SS) stay in the current NETx district or do they go back to the I-30 district? Do they even keep those three together?

Marshall, PT, and Hallsville have been together every years since 2002.... Going back and fourth between the north and south districts. Does longview rejoin them? Do they remain north or do they go south with JT and company?

What happens to Corsicsna? Do they stay in east Texas or do they return to the Ennis Waxahachie district?

Does that district lose Lindale and Jax?

If lufkin drops do they join the district with Nac and JT or do they head south into region III?

Enough to make u dizzy.

I think the November announcement will answer the toughest questions. Knowing which class schools will fall.

After that it becomes more of a geography thing.

Big changes could be coming.

Doesn't MP still have a "shot" at playoffs if they beat Hallsville and PT, coupled with Hallsville losing to T-High?

Good question.

Might could come down to point differentials in that case. I'm not 100% sure.

How is it Marshall has clinched but Hallsville hasn't even though they beat the Mavs?

Good question.

Might could come down to point differentials in that case. I'm not 100% sure.

How is it Marshall has clinched but Hallsville hasn't even though they beat the Mavs?

I think only T-High and SS have clinched. There could potentially be a 3 way tie for the last 2 spots. Hallsville beat Marshall, Marshall beat MP, but if MP beats Hallsville it will come down to points. Only way MP has a shot is if MP wins out and Hallsville/Marshall lose out.

If I looked at the remaining schedule correctly and did the math right the only team that has clinched for sure is texas high. Even sulphur springs can be eliminated if they lose out and the right outcomes occur. The odds are certainly astronomical but the possibility is there. And on the flip side nobody has been eliminated yet. Even pine tree still has a shot if they win out and get some help. Crazy stuff!

Still too muddy to call. And enrollments have changed from the numbers stated. Some of them had big jumps up in numbers (McKinney North), while others had significant drops.

Hard to guess who would play who in the first round till this irons out a little more AND...until we get all the enrollment numbers since so many of their school's numbers are bunched up together.

Wait what? The enrollment numbers announced last Friday have nothing to do with this year's division 1 and division 2....

If I looked at the remaining schedule correctly and did the math right the only team that has clinched for sure is texas high. Even sulphur springs can be eliminated if they lose out and the right outcomes occur. The odds are certainly astronomical but the possibility is there. And on the flip side nobody has been eliminated yet. Even pine tree still has a shot if they win out and get some help. Crazy stuff!

This is correct because there are a couple of three-way tie scenarios still out there.

Texas High has clinched.

Sulphur Springs will clinch on Friday with a win against Pine Tree.

Hallsville will clinch with a win on Friday against Mount Pleasant

Marshall has all but clinched. They technically have not because there can still be a three-way tie involving them, Hallsville and Pine Tree. That should disappear after the results of Friday,

Wait what? The enrollment numbers announced last Friday have nothing to do with this year's division 1 and division 2....

I'm pretty sure they do a snap shot each season to determine who goes Div I and Div II. .

There was a snapshot day last year too. Those numbers were used for last year's playoffs.

Friday's numbers are used for this year's playoffs.

I'm pretty sure UIL uses each years numbers for each playoff season. Could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure they do a snap shot each season to determine who goes Div I and Div II. .

There was a snapshot day last year too. Those numbers were used for last year's playoffs.

Friday's numbers are used for this year's playoffs.

I'm pretty sure UIL uses each years numbers for each playoff season. Could be wrong though.

You are lol.

UIL doesn't do snap shot numbers each year, the TEA gets enrollment every year. UIL only grabs them once every 2 years.

Snap shot numbers that are grabbed for October are for 2014 and 2015.