27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Lumberjacks
    • Roughriders

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1998, 2-8 Wichita Falls Rider got into the playoffs with a victory in their last regular season game and a win in the subsequent 3-way-tie-breaker (a coin toss) that followed the game. They went on to go to the Regional Semi-Finals where they got beat by a 1-loss Plainview team 35-28 in Lubbock. Plainview went on to win the Region the next week before losing 24-19 to eventual State Champion Grapevine.

So, while most would agree that a team with a 1-9 or 2-8 record probably shouldn't get in the playoffs, you never know what can happen once they do.

After playing both this one won't even be close. Center should win big. I'd run the ball more if I were them though. #44 is a hoss and he should be getting 30 carries a game. If they woulda been doing that more this season I don't think they'd be 0-6. When you don't have a QB that is fit for the spread, don't run it. Rainbolt would be a good play action QB but dropping back and slinging it in 3 to 5 wide gun isn't quite his thing IMO.

I think coach may have seen the same thing in McGee #44. He had the most carries against CC. He's only a sophomore, so I feel he has the potential of being a real power RB. And I don't remember seeing Rainbolt slinging the ball, but mostly quick drop passes and he stayed in pocket for the most part. I'm real confident that the Riders will be a force to be reckoned with by next season. They've got what it takes now, but they just haven't quite been clicking as a team just yet.

I think coach may have seen the same thing in McGee #44. He had the most carries against CC. He's only a sophomore, so I feel he has the potential of being a real power RB. And I don't remember seeing Rainbolt slinging the ball, but mostly quick drop passes and he stayed in pocket for the most part. I'm real confident that the Riders will be a force to be reckoned with by next season. They've got what it takes now, but they just haven't quite been clicking as a team just yet.

All 5 INTs against us were from him being flushed from the pocket and him slingin it down field. JMO

#44 is indeed a beast, had no idea he was only a sophomore. Kid will be a monster by the time he's a senior and from what I hear.....we'll likely be scheduling you guys again for the next 2 years. Just hear say though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, and also very possible that both could get the 3rd and 4th spot at 2-8 and 1-9 in this very weak district lol.

Personally I don't like the idea with the UIL allowing the top four out of each district making the playoffs. And I'm not real crazy about the top three going. I know they want to give all kids possible the opportunity to experince the playoffs, but I think it's become a joke. Their giving kids a false sense of accomplishment imo

+1

All 5 INTs against us were from him being flushed from the pocket and him slingin it down field. JMO

#44 is indeed a beast, had no idea he was only a sophomore. Kid will be a monster by the time he's a senior and from what I hear.....we'll likely be scheduling you guys again for the next 2 years. Just hear say though.[/quot

Don't blame ya!

^^^This game has already been played, Center won 34-7 back in week 6.

Someone brought this thread back up from like page 8 or something

Some just get a kick out of moving the can down the road.

Notice their was a drop in students at Diboll; enough to drop a division?

guess the timber industry is down.

If teams were evenly matched I could see it(kinda) But for most fourth place teams it just kicks the can down the road for one more week.

but more important it gives the first place team a game. They can still rest some and heal but are not idle.

Also gives that 4th place team an outside chance at a win. Lots of things could happen. Some could have been out injured or ineligible earlier in season and could play. Or they could have made drastic improvements during the season, begin to listen and believe in coach.

"Notice their was a drop in students at Diboll; enough to drop a division?"

Diboll been dropping students for years. The bottom estimate for 4ADII is 450 so they should still move up with the rest of their current district foes. Huntington, Diboll, Hudson and Central will probably always be in same district.

"Also gives that 4th place team an outside chance at a win."

In the case of the Diboll / Huntington winner; they will probably play Fairfield. OUCH!!!

If teams were evenly matched I could see it(kinda) But for most fourth place teams it just kicks the can down the road for one more week.

Carthage and Jasper go Div I and Center and winner of Diboll/Huntington go Div II

District 19 and 20 match up in the first round

Center will more then likely play Groesbeck and Diboll or Huntington will play Fairfield

If Rusk beats Groesbeck, Grosebeck is out and Center plays Rusk. But if Groesbeck beats Rusk and the following week Rusk beats Mexia, there will be a three way tie to see who plays Center. But if Mexia wins, Rusk is out, Center plays Groesbeck. Get it?, got it?, good.