Pine Tree ISD accepts resignation and settlement w/AD-Football Coach Derek Fitzhenry...

PineTreeParent

You're a RAT! Thats a coach with pasion and all this other crapp is ligit but calling your kids team together and spending his personal time trying to make them better is a sign that hes really trying hard!

Actually she's more of the Bucc type, than a RAT. The RAT's were disbanded my senior year in high school, because some felt that the organization wasn't organized enough. The Rat's were looser, but they provided great spirit at Pep Rally's and Football Games.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowman could have been sitting on a throne eating cake balls and drinking Gin at his desk the rest of his life thanks to those championships. He chose to go try and turn another program around. I don't think championships did that to him, i think it was the challenge that drives most coaches.

Bowman could have been sitting on a throne eating cake balls and drinking Gin at his desk the rest of his life thanks to those championships. He chose to go try and turn another program around. I don't think championships did that to him, i think it was the challenge that drives most coaches.

really? may want to do more research here on the chosen one.

That's not what the folks from Paris were saying.

And let's get the "Bowman for head coach" thing out of the way because some of yall keep bringing it up.

1) Make no mistake about it, Fitz hired Bowman. He was not forced to hire him by anyone at PT. Anyone that's been in the business knows how that works. So there's no conspiacy behind his hiring. Fitz and Bowman go way back. Bowman is a better man than he is a coach, and that's saying a lot if you look at this record. And that's why Fitz went after him. Any school would be lucky to have that guy.

B) You really think Bowman wants that #### gig at PT? Really? Dangerfield was crawling with college scholarship athletes, PT is not. That being said, Bowman, did a fantastic job leading those teams. And sometimes those are the toughest types of athletes to deal with...

3) And at some point in time, some coaches just want to get back to coaching kids. The politics and bs that come along with being a head coach and, in Bowman's case, winning championships, can take a toll on a guy. (Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to get back on the grass and teach X's and O's)

d) And in the words of Doc Holiday... "I have not yet begun to defile myself."

And let's get the "Bowman for head coach" thing out of the way because some of yall keep bringing it up.

1) Make no mistake about it, Fitz hired Bowman. He was not forced to hire him by anyone at PT. Anyone that's been in the business knows how that works. So there's no conspiacy behind his hiring. Fitz and Bowman go way back. Bowman is a better man than he is a coach, and that's saying a lot if you look at this record. And that's why Fitz went after him. Any school would be lucky to have that guy.

B) You really think Bowman wants that #### gig at PT? Really? Dangerfield was crawling with college scholarship athletes, PT is not. That being said, Bowman, did a fantastic job leading those teams. And sometimes those are the toughest types of athletes to deal with...

3) And at some point in time, some coaches just want to get back to coaching kids. The politics and bs that come along with being a head coach and, in Bowman's case, winning championships, can take a toll on a guy. (Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to get back on the grass and teach X's and O's)

d) And in the words of Doc Holiday... "I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Bowman is a better man than he is a coach, and that's saying a lot if you look at this record. And that's why Fitz went after him. Any school would be lucky to have that guy.

Someone drank the koolaide!

Where are the posters arguing so much about this a few weeks ago? I guess they lost interest.

The stuff a few weeks ago was a totally different deal. Not "news worthy" in my opinion. Shouldn't have been posted on a sports forum. This allegation is much more serious. Still don't think this is the place for it. But, last time I got a suspension for arguing the point. So I will leave it be.

The stuff a few weeks ago was a totally different deal. Not "news worthy" in my opinion. Shouldn't have been posted on a sports forum. This allegation is much more serious. Still don't think this is the place for it. But, last time I got a suspension for arguing the point. So I will leave it be.

Totally different? Seems its all related to me in the sense that it pertains to the PT program and lack of good leadership and discipline. Bolsters the argument that there is something very wrong going on. So argue about a story that's "not news worthy" and don't say one word about something as serious as this. Backwards

You're a RAT! Thats a coach with pasion and all this other crapp is ligit but calling your kids team together and spending his personal time trying to make them better is a sign that hes really trying hard!

I agree. However, it is illegal per the UIL. There is a right way and a wrong way to do most everything. If he was having illegal practices, no matter whose time it was, it was wrong.

So the person that reported the physical abuse/negligence by the coach last month is a rat?

The teachers/administrators that caught the players with marijuana on campus is a rat?

The little girl that was sexually assaulted by the player is a rat?

All of these are facts surrounding the PT program. The truth hurts when it is revealed...especially when someone is trying to hide it! You must be on the coaching staff at PT?

More conjecture than fact has been presented on this forum please provide links if you wish to present facts.

Have you attempted to be put on the agenda for the Monday board meeting?...if you have not, you have run out of time and will only be allotted a small portion of time to speak during visitor/public comments for the next meeting. You need to request to be added to the agenda by noon 5 calendar days before the meeting. If you have not proceeded through the proper channels for your item, it may or may not be added to the agenda. If you do not proceed thru the proper channels when concerning staff members or other students, you are not helping your case, especially if you are addressing rules that are not being followed, because you, yourself are not following the rules set forth in the process. Posting on this forum is not part of the process.

http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Topic/541?filter=A

The deadline for submitting items for inclusion on the agenda is noon of the fifth calendar day before regular meetings and noon of the fifth calendar day before special meetings.
In consultation with the Board President, the Superintendent shall prepare the agenda for all Board meetings. Any Trustee may request that a subject be included on the agenda for a meeting, and the Superintendent shall include on the preliminary agenda of the meeting all Trustee requested topics that have been timely submitted.
Before the official agenda is finalized for any meeting, the Superintendent shall consult the Board President to ensure that the agenda and the topics included meet with the President’s approval. In reviewing the preliminary agenda, the President shall ensure that any topics the Board or individual Trustees have requested to be addressed are either on that agenda or scheduled for deliberation at an appropriate time in the near future. The Board President shall not have authority to remove from the agenda a subject requested by a Trustee without that Trustee’s specific authorization

Totally different? Seems its all related to me in the sense that it pertains to the PT program and lack of good leadership and discipline. Bolsters the argument that there is something very wrong going on. So argue about a story that's "not news worthy" and don't say one word about something as serious as this. Backwards

Sexual assault vs. pot use. Yes, totally different. I see what you're saying about how it all pertains to the program, but I didn't think the story about the kids getting caught with dope was "news worthy." And, I still don't think any of this should be on a sports forum. That's just my opinion. What benefit is there to having it kicked around on SDC?

What do you want me to say about something this serious? I have nothing to say about it.

I truly see all of this stuff from the outside, thank goodness, and just feel sorry for the teachers and kids that are there working their tails off. I worked there for three years back in the day and coudl see where the district was heading 7-8 years ago. That is exactly why I did not purchase a house in PTISD and I am so thankful that my wife and I got out of there before all of this happened. Someone said it best earlier...Preppy school to Thug school. The "old" reputation is gone for PT like it or not.

I truly see all of this stuff from the outside, thank goodness, and just feel sorry for the teachers and kids that are there working their tails off. I worked there for three years back in the day and coudl see where the district was heading 7-8 years ago. That is exactly why I did not purchase a house in PTISD and I am so thankful that my wife and I got out of there before all of this happened. Someone said it best earlier...Preppy school to Thug school. The "old" reputation is gone for PT like it or not.

Pine tree has good kids. It is a great mixture and the education is great. The problem is there is a lack of discipline in one area and it is tarnishing the whole school.

Found this on the most recent UIL press release:

Rockwall Heath coach Luis Najarro was issued a three-game suspension to be enforced at the beginning of the soccer season, a two-year probation and a public reprimand for violations of off-season school team practice regulations and for hosting soccer practice on ineligible dates.

Sherman High School coach Gary Kinne was issued a one-game suspension to be enforced immediately for violations of rules regarding non-school participation. In addition, Kinne was issued a two-year probation and a public reprimand.

Not to get too far away from the topic, but Sherman just stripped Kinne of his AD duties.

http://www.ketknbc.com/sports/former-etx-football-coach-stripped-of-ad-title-at

On topic-from the most recent KETK update: "Even if this is the case, questions are still raised due to the fact Walls was not held out the "five months" the edited policy stated. He was only off the field for four months, which would violate the very rule Fitzhenry says he added."

Sorry, but not being able to determine when "5 months" from May 27th is, might be the most amusing part of the whole story.

That's not what the folks from Paris were saying.

The folks from Paris were delusional if they thought their average talent was going to turn into a State championship in 3 years. I was with Bowman the year before his 1st State Championship at D'field. The HC there was trying to be too fancy on offense, not playing to his strengths... Bowman takes over the next year with basically the same staff, same kids and wins not 1 not 2, but 3 state championships... Paris just didn't have the talent to win. Just like Pine Tree will be lucky to win 5 games this season despite their strong start against teams that just werent very good.

The folks from Paris were delusional if they thought their average talent was going to turn into a State championship in 3 years. I was with Bowman the year before his 1st State Championship at D'field. The HC there was trying to be too fancy on offense, not playing to his strengths... Bowman takes over the next year with basically the same staff, same kids and wins not 1 not 2, but 3 state championships... Paris just didn't have the talent to win. Just like Pine Tree will be lucky to win 5 games this season despite their strong start against teams that just werent very good.

I'll rephrase my quote. There are folks in Paris who claim to know exactly why Bowman left, and it apparently had nothing to do with football or aging parents.