Pine Tree ISD accepts resignation and settlement w/AD-Football Coach Derek Fitzhenry...

PineTreeParent

Anybody that graduated in 70 or that time period like me needs to only go to their annual for answers. In the school board pictures you find nothing but dynamic leaders. No personal agendas just a mission to do what was best for the school district and the communty. People like them do not exist in those pictures these days and that leads us to here, and situations like it at schools all over Texas. There is no accountability.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am purely speculating, but I am guessing that the school board made a decision to terminate coach Fitzhenry at the upcoming board meeting on October 21. I am also guessing that they communicated that message to the coach while offering him the opportunity to resign before then.

I'm also guessing that the main focus of the Monday meeting was the legal ramifications of terminating his employment.

He might have been able to survive the three arrests, but the moment he altered the student handbook to allow a student charged with a felony to play, and then tried to cover it up, IMO his fate was sealed.

This is a whole lot of ugly. As a Pine Tree grad, I can't help but have some very mixed feelings. I cannot think of a greater man than Maurice Cook, but he was fired for not winning at Pine Tree. You couldn't find a better role model, but people wanted wins. Tim Russell is a great guy who has a proven track record of winning, but he didn't last at PT. It's a tough job with absolutely no tradition of winning in the football program.

I pity the person who is hired next. The trust level between the coach and the community will be at zero.

I am purely speculating, but I am guessing that the school board made a decision to terminate coach Fitzhenry at the upcoming board meeting on October 21. I am also guessing that they communicated that message to the coach while offering him the opportunity to resign before then.

I'm also guessing that the main focus of the Monday meeting was the legal ramifications of terminating his employment.

He might have been able to survive the three arrests, but the moment he altered the student handbook to allow a student charged with a felony to play, and then tried to cover it up, IMO his fate was sealed.

This is a whole lot of ugly. As a Pine Tree grad, I can't help but have some very mixed feelings. I cannot think of a greater man than Maurice Cook, but he was fired for not winning at Pine Tree. You couldn't find a better role model, but people wanted wins. Tim Russell is a great guy who has a proven track record of winning, but he didn't last at PT. It's a tough job with absolutely no tradition of winning in the football program.

I pity the person who is hired next. The trust level between the coach and the community will be at zero.

well in my opinion and maybe i shouldn't say this but i will, whoever coaches at PT will have a tough time winning in football. everyone knows that. sure PT would love to have a winning team every year but it's probably not going to happen in the near future. i think the best move they could make at this time is to hire a head coach with strong morals, a christian background and who's main goal is to be a good role model to these kids and help to shape them into outstanding citizens who one day will be successful in whatever they choose to do. then when you gain those kids respect they will give you everything they have on the football field. he will also have the respect of his assistant coaches and it will make it a much more comfortable atmosphere to work in. sure every coach wants to win. some on their staff have had alot of success at other places but they knew when came to PT it wouldn't be easy.

you mentioned Maurice Cook.i have known him for many years. i have more respect for that man as i do anybody. when i think of him i think of a man with integrity, a christian man with strong morals. i don't think of his wins and losses. i bet if you were to ask him he would trade all of his career wins just to save one kid from heading down the wrong road. if i were a high school coach i know i would want to win but when my days of coaching were over i would prefer to be remembered like Maurice Cook. if i was only a tenth of the man he is i would be happy.

Orsagh was the suspended coach

i've never heard of him

Kerry Strong will finish the season for pt pirates. He had already had several conversations with the pt supt. He wanted to take over the helm this spring but he is currently being wooed by the pt brass. Look for this to be official by the end of the week.

I knew it was just a matter of time.

Kerry Strong will finish the season for pt pirates. He had already had several conversations with the pt supt. He wanted to take over the helm this spring but he is currently being wooed by the pt brass. Look for this to be official by the end of the week.

?

Sources tell me former Pine Tree asst Mike Thomas is in the running for this job as well. Thomas was spotted having dinner with PT school board president at Johnny Caces Monday night.

Randy McFarlin will be the number one candidate for this job. PERFECT FIT! He will be able to patch PT up and gain immediate trust from the community. May even get them on a winning track too? If anybody could do it, he could. I can promise you this; you won't be getting any negative letters to the editor in the newspaper from former players.

With The facilities - stadium - PT now has I would think they would attract a great high character Coach.

I don't think facilities attract a high character coach...

With The facilities - stadium - PT now has I would think they would attract a great high character Coach.

I don't think facilities attract a high character coach...

Sorry. iPhone issues...

I'm just saying the new facilities should attract a better pool of applicants.

I get that. I'm just saying, character guys are drawn to programs where they will have the backing of admin and parents when trying to implement character building initiatives into the program.

I get that. I'm just saying, character guys are drawn to programs where they will have the backing of admin and parents when trying to implement character building initiatives into the program.

I would have to agree with you. I guess I should have said PT should go after a high character guy. From the outside looking in I would think PT would be a good job. I realize winning consistently would be tough but not impossible.

Randy McFarlin will be the number one candidate for this job. PERFECT FIT! He will be able to patch PT up and gain immediate trust from the community. May even get them on a winning track too? If anybody could do it, he could. I can promise you this; you won't be getting any negative letters to the editor in the newspaper from former players.

Why would you think Randy McFarlin would want to come to Pine Tree, looks like the school board situation in Pine Tree is no different than the Whitehouse school board!!!

Why would you think Randy McFarlin would want to come to Pine Tree, looks like the school board situation in Pine Tree is no different than the Whitehouse school board!!!

+1

Coach McFarlin wanted to retire in Whitehouse and the school board/politics surrounding the job were ridiculous. I think he wants to finish off his great career in a place where there isn't any bad blood between administration, athletics, and the community.