Kilgore @ Gladewater

WhoamI97539

I drive up and see East Texas Football anytime I can. I played in Gilmer in the late 70s and early 80s and back then, it took a lot to get us back into a winning tradition which Coach Waggoner established for us. Before that, we knew what it was like to be searching while White Oak seemed to be "The team to beat". I'm. It knocking Gladewater... But I have now seen them play twice and Kilgore play twice and I call them like I see them. I usually try and pick good games to drive up here and see and go thought Gladewater from the talent I saw against Gilmer would have a chance to shut down Kilgore's running game. I agree with you. I think Gladewater caught Kilgore on a night when they would have had a chance to pull off a statewide upset. But they stopped themselves. Unless you were watching a different game than me, surely you saw that too. You can get mad at Gilmer all you want... They were idle tonight. But some people asked me to post my thoughts since I was going, so I did. I will say there were plenty of seats free on the home side. Kudos to you for your passion, but for your Bears sake, I wish it was contagious. Now how does the fact that I live in the Houston area and played at Gilmer and am an ET Football fan make Buckeye fans the bad guys here, or prevent a fan from making comments? I'm also a big Ohio State fan and see Thee Buckeyes live more often than I do my my Alma Mater. So if my handle says Buckeyes, you automatically assume I'm from Gilmer? Maybe when I get home I will look up Gladewater's record POST Gilmer for the past decade and see if my comments have merit. Tell you what. If Gladewater is over .500 after playing Gilmer since 2003, I'll issue you a personal apology. If not, then I make a valid point, don't I? And you may not want to jump to conclusions with "You Buckeyes". Because we do not all live in Gilmer. Good luck to all District 16-3A teams the rest of the way, and you're welcome... I bought a ticket, sat on your side and are your popcorn. So I guess for tonight, I supported Gladewater more than any other East Texas team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled over for Coffee and according to Lone Star Football Network who has Gladewater's full season records back to 2006, the Bears are now 2 wins and 18 losses following defeats to Gilmer. Both wins came against Spring Hill. Once in 2011

And once this year. That's not anybody from Gilmer being mean to you... That's a FACT cited by a fan making an observation. Be offended if you will... No offense was meant. But to change that fact, go WIN OUT against CH and Henderson. This Buckeye Fan will be "O" "S"o happy to support yo"U" and pull for your Bears all the way!

I drive up and see East Texas Football anytime I can. I played in Gilmer in the late 70s and early 80s and back then, it took a lot to get us back into a winning tradition which Coach Waggoner established for us. Before that, we knew what it was like to be searching while White Oak seemed to be "The team to beat". I'm. It knocking Gladewater... But I have now seen them play twice and Kilgore play twice and I call them like I see them. I usually try and pick good games to drive up here and see and go thought Gladewater from the talent I saw against Gilmer would have a chance to shut down Kilgore's running game. I agree with you. I think Gladewater caught Kilgore on a night when they would have had a chance to pull off a statewide upset. But they stopped themselves. Unless you were watching a different game than me, surely you saw that too. You can get mad at Gilmer all you want... They were idle tonight. But some people asked me to post my thoughts since I was going, so I did. I will say there were plenty of seats free on the home side. Kudos to you for your passion, but for your Bears sake, I wish it was contagious. Now how does the fact that I live in the Houston area and played at Gilmer and am an ET Football fan make Buckeye fans the bad guys here, or prevent a fan from making comments? I'm also a big Ohio State fan and see Thee Buckeyes live more often than I do my my Alma Mater. So if my handle says Buckeyes, you automatically assume I'm from Gilmer? Maybe when I get home I will look up Gladewater's record POST Gilmer for the past decade and see if my comments have merit. Tell you what. If Gladewater is over .500 after playing Gilmer since 2003, I'll issue you a personal apology. If not, then I make a valid point, don't I? And you may not want to jump to conclusions with "You Buckeyes". Because we do not all live in Gilmer. Good luck to all District 16-3A teams the rest of the way, and you're welcome... I bought a ticket, sat on your side and are your popcorn. So I guess for tonight, I supported Gladewater more than any other East Texas team.

Sorry if my assumption that you were from Gilmer was wrong! Oh wait, you DID play for Gilmer!! My statement was meant for many Gilmer fans, because more than a few make the same comment year after year after year after year.......not just you. Your's just made me go off. In the past I would have agreed with you about the Bears season after playing the Buckeyes, but not this year. You can't go back over a 18 or 20 year span and use that for this purpose. Mainly because it's not the same kids year to year, the same talent or the same attitudes. I will say your stat is interesting, but I still don't think it has anything to do with why we lost to Kilgore or Bullard.

Would the Kilgore game have turned out different if the Bears hadn't turned the ball over so many times? I'm not sure, Kilgore had plenty of turnovers themselves. I do know the Bears can take many positive things from the game Friday night that will make them better in the next two weeks.

I appreciate the fact that you bought a ticket, sat on our side and ate our popcorn, but doing all those things doesn't make you a Bear supporter. Few as they are, we have many so called fans that buy tickets, sit on the home side and eat the popcorn, but they definitely don't support Bear football or any other sport. And face it, most of the Buckeyes in attendance were rooting for the Bears, not because of the support, but because they wanted Kilgore to lose!

Oh, by the way, I loved Coach Waggoner!!!