CanAm

After 7 weeks of football and watching a lot of games from all over the country, is the Big XII conference good or bad? This past saturday watching Baylor and KSU, TT and ISU, UT and OU, KU and TCU I just think that the conference is not real strong this year. Anyone else see any different?

After 7 weeks of football and watching a lot of games from all over the country, is the Big XII conference good or bad? This past saturday watching Baylor and KSU, TT and ISU, UT and OU, KU and TCU I just think that the conference is not real strong this year. Anyone else see any different?

I find it to be very entertaining but still lacking that truly elite team this season. There aren't very many people that really believe that Texas Tech or Baylor can hold up to finish undefeated and compete for a NC.

I saw Texas play to their talent. Baylor is one of the new "it" programs that will only continue to improve under Briles. Kingsbury has brought life back to Lubbock. OU is OU. Kansas St will be fine in a year or so.

TCU looks average this year. Iowa State is bad, Kansas is bad, WVU is something, and Oklahoma St hasn't really looked all that great this season either.

So the conference is good, deserving of a BCS Bowl, but lacking a true National Championship contender this year. Still fun to watch and follow though.

I don't think the Big XII is a top conference, by any means, this season (probably fifth out of the big six, ahead of the AAC), but top to bottom it's the most balanced. I don't think the bottom feeders are as bad as some say they are, and the top of the conference isn't as dominant as the records may show. This season it's conceivable to have an upset on any given week. Heck, Kansas was hanging with Tech for about a half before the Red Raiders woke up.

Get off it. Last year and this year are completely different. If anyone says the Big 12 is a top conference, they are lying. Its behind the ACC, Big 10, PAC 12 and of course the SEC.

The PAC looks like it may be better than the SEC this season top to bottom. I don't see them sustaining this impression on me, but for now, I am sold... Although if Mizzou beats USC and Florida, without Franklin, they will make the impression of the East better, and if Ole Miss wins out of the games they are supposed to, LSU beats Bama, A&M continues to win... the SEC should be the better conference by season's end.

The biggest problem with the big12 this year is consistency. Heck, Texas, playing with their backup QB just dog stomped Oklahoma saturday. Had Texas played like that in their previous three games we'd be talking about them as a national title contender. But the problem is they may turn around and lay a major goose egg this next week against TCU.

Baylor had a chance to go on the road and make a major statement for themselves and didn't do it. Was it an anomaly? Was it the real baylor? We'll find out over the coming weeks.

Oklahoma had their chance to make a statement this weekend and flopped.

Tech is the major wildcard here. They have yet to play a game with their supposed "starting" qb. If he is that much better than the other 2 true freshmen then they may garner some attention late if they keep winning.

But the fact that I just wrote that sentence about tech possibly being the big12 favorite down the road speaks volumes for the big12. Competitive? Absolutely. Balanced? 1-9 absolutely. National Title contender? not yet.

The biggest problem with the big12 this year is consistency. Heck, Texas, playing with their backup QB just dog stomped Oklahoma saturday. Had Texas played like that in their previous three games we'd be talking about them as a national title contender. But the problem is they may turn around and lay a major goose egg this next week against TCU.

Baylor had a chance to go on the road and make a major statement for themselves and didn't do it. Was it an anomaly? Was it the real baylor? We'll find out over the coming weeks.

Oklahoma had their chance to make a statement this weekend and flopped.

Tech is the major wildcard here. They have yet to play a game with their supposed "starting" qb. If he is that much better than the other 2 true freshmen then they may garner some attention late if they keep winning.

But the fact that I just wrote that sentence about tech possibly being the big12 favorite down the road speaks volumes for the big12. Competitive? Absolutely. Balanced? 1-9 absolutely. National Title contender? not yet.

I don't think Tech is the Big 12 favorite at all. I think that honor currently goes to Baylor.

I don't think Tech is the Big 12 favorite at all. I think that honor currently goes to Baylor.

I said possibly. I agree and I think Baylor winds up winning the big12, but Tech has to be in the discussion. They've won with 18 year olds at qb. When their "veteran" gets healthy completely no one knows how good they will be or if he will even make a difference thus the wildcard in the big12.

Here is how I see Baylor finishing since Baylor is the Hot topic in the Big XII....again this is after the KSU game this weekend:

Iowa State - W

Kansas - W

OU - L

TT - W

OSU - W

TCU - L

Texas - L

JMO!!! Tear me up!!! LOL

As long as Tech's defense continues to play well, the Red Raiders will be in the ball game. QB play isn't as a concern as having a healthy QB and supplemented by the ground game to ease the burden.

I am nervous about playing in Morgantown at noon. I am hoping for more 2:30 or 7:30 games since we are not as great during morning games.

I do like Baylor for competing in Manhattan against a coach with a nice grind it out offense that with holds the ball from opponents 7-10 minutes. Baylor still managed their quick strike offense and got scores.

I was truly shocked that ou didn't even think about using Bell as a rushing option last week. I mean, look at the game films against Texas and tell me that they're not the worst team in the country against running QBs.

Well honestly that is one of the more unnoticed things about Oklahoma. When Knight was the QB during the first two the offense was built around the read option. However, when Belk became the starter they switched back to an offense more like last season with Landry Jones. Bell never really ran the read option in any game as a starter this season. Most of his rushing yards just came on scrambles.