Congrats to Auburn

bordertown

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought for sure A&M had this one in the bag, and there's still not a recap of the game. I wasn't able to watch it, but heard they were up by 10 early in the 4th quarter, and that Manziel was hurt. I know Auburns happy, and the WDE crew are glad that they don't have Coach Cheeze Whizz running the show.

I thought for sure A&M had this one in the bag, and there's still not a recap of the game. I wasn't able to watch it, but heard they were up by 10 early in the 4th quarter, and that Manziel was hurt. I know Auburns happy, and the WDE crew are glad that they don't have Coach Cheeze Whizz running the show.

The loss had NOTHING to do with Manziel's injury. That injury is responsible for the sudden spike of heart attacks in College Station though.

The loss had NOTHING to do with Manziel's injury. That injury is responsible for the sudden spike of heart attacks in College Station though.

That loss was about A&M not making stops. Sadly, Johnny Football is having a heck of a year to have lost two games this year.

did that look like a horse collar to yall? on manziel at the end? i thought it did. but no call. thems the breaks. i never pull for aTm but looked like the refs missed that one.

did that look like a horse collar to yall? on manziel at the end? i thought it did. but no call. thems the breaks. i never pull for aTm but looked like the refs missed that one.

It was a missed call from replays showed.

Yes I thought it was a horse collar too. He brought him down from the back and never let go and from the reply he had a lot more than jersey. Still, the defense lost that one. It's like we've never seen the read option.

i made that EXACT same statement to a friend while watching the game. just poppin 6 yards a carry right down the field.

By defintion, yes. Was it malicious or intentional and something to flip about? No. No different than a missed hold or something else.

By defintion, yes. Was it malicious or intentional and something to flip about? No. No different than a missed hold or something else.

just an observation. not sure anyone was flipping out.

Hard to flip out about one call when your defense gives up 600 yards. Blame the defense, not a missed call.

again. just an observation. not sure anyone is blaming the call for the loss. fwiw i was actually pulling for auburn.

It didn't help on the last drive that our defense was so gassed. Our dline depth is brutal due to injuries and our coaches aren't confident with subbing anyone in.

Sadly this happened directly in front of an official.

To me, it didn't look like a horse collar. Manziel didn't go down immediately (by definition if the ball carrier advances even a foot beyond the tackle, it is not a horse collar tackle). The referee was standing right there.

i think you ve already proven this really dont matter.

If A&M had even half of a defense, easily be the number 1 team in the country. Knew at some point the defense was gonna come back and hurt us. Just thought it'd be lsu, not auburn. I know the defense is young and supposed to get better, but like the ones before me said, the same play 8 times... And it was more than just missed tackles. Guys nowhere to be found at times.

Here is the missed horse collar

johnnyhorse_medium.gif

You can see the ref on the sideline at the end too. Someone earlier mentioned johnny didn't go down like he was horse collared, but from the angle it was clear cut IMO.

The tackle started two yards before he was brought down. That's not a horse collar tackle. He has to be brought down immediately...like 2 yards behind where he was finally tackled.

The HCT is the most misunderstood rule of all time. Everybody wants it called on plays that it doesn't happen and then they're urinated off when it IS called.