Bullying?

necks89

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Them kids are probably hiding under a rock now from the embarressment this Liberal DING DONG pansy ## parent caused them by spreading their defeat from Coast to Coast. I hope the parent reads this, Lifes Hard, It's harder when your stupid.

My granddaddy always said, If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough. He was right too!

It's just a matter of time before the name comes out. Keeping something like that a secret is practically impossible these days. And, that's something these people should've thought of before they did something so completely stupid, & potentially harmful for their son. The minute a name comes to light, it's gonna be a living nightmare for the boy. Poor kid!

At least we can pray for them.

I wonder if the parent even witness the "bullying"? Some of these metro schools could play comfortably in a 1A stadium. The most disturbing thing about the article was that Western Hills carries 30 on its roster. The fact the WH coach acknowledges the sportsmanship in the game makes it a non issue.

They play 3-4 Arlington Heights. Not a powerhouse team, so maybe the score will be a little more suitable to the overly sensitive types sitting in the Western Hills bleachers!

I'll take Heights by 7 since we cant get too far ahead on scoreboard against Hills

They play 3-4 Arlington Heights. Not a powerhouse team, so maybe the score will be a little more suitable to the overly sensitive types sitting in the Western Hills bleachers!

You mean it will only be a whole 59-0 or 65-0? Oh yes! Much better!

Government shut downs are bad but now you cant hit too hard or score too much in football! What's happening to our country? And to think when I was 19 or 20 we would play full contact tackle football with no pads on Sunday afternoons and score as many times as possible...just for FUN! Different generation I guess.

At least we can pray for them.

Agreed, TK!!

Best case scenario, the team, coaches, parents, etc. recognize that the boy has no control over his parents, & what they do or say, & give the kid a break. Hopefully that's what'll happen, at the very least with his teammates & coaches. However, you & I both know there are kids & adults who thrive on drama, & just won't let it go. Not to mention the real bullies out there, & the field day they will have. As disrespectful & uncaring as people are today, along with the safety & anonymity of most online communication, the amount of meanness & filth those types are likely to fling at this kid is staggering. He's gonna need all the friends & support he can get. I truly feel for the boy, & can't imagine what it's like to be in his shoes right now, much less when that name does come out.

This should've never happened. I hope the parents realize that, as well as what they've done, & learn a lesson from this mess. We must always think very carefully before we act, especially when we're angry, & our children are involved. All too often the outcome is no where near what had been hoped for, & when it's all said & done with, we end up doing far more harm than good. And that's exactly what happened here. The one they were trying to help, is the one they ended up hurting.

Government shut downs are bad but now you cant hit too hard or score too much in football! What's happening to our country? And to think when I was 19 or 20 we would play full contact tackle football with no pads on Sunday afternoons and score as many times as possible...just for FUN! Different generation I guess.

That is called rugby. ;o)

We used to do the same thing in Tatum at the park. Now, people go to Tatum's indoor facility and play flag football.

Tackle the man

We called that "Tackle the man with the ball".

Now that does take me back to the 60s and 70s! Used to play that all the time in the front yard when when we didn't have enough kids to make even teams. At school sometimes when the PE coach would leave the gymn we would play tackle basketball. Shoot the ball or get tackled. Seems like there was a lot of shootin going on cause that gymn floor was hard LOL. Okay I guess I've taken this thread way off topic and I apologize for that. Just got me to thinking about stuff I haven't thought about in a long time.

It's funny, but playing football isn't always about winning. It teaches young men the virtue of self respect, esprit de corps, and enables a young man to overcome adversity. Football molds teens for a future that is rife with struggles and hardships, and unfriendly environs . To try to remove those from the game, is to remove part of the heart of what is being taught, life lessons these kids need for future struggles. As this thread goes on , this parent should come to understand just what fibers are interwoven between real life and the great game of football. As the environment around them will prolly become overtly hostile, and struggles will occure. What's humorous is that the young teen , who bravely took that drubbing fridaynight , can probably lead them out of it better than the adult.

Chain out......

You mean it will only be a whole 59-0 or 65-0? Oh yes! Much better!

Western Hills and Arlington Heights played last night....at least Hills scored!!!!....final was 57-17...i do believe.....guess we could do what they did when the kid beat Hank Hill's touchdown record....step aside and let them score!!!

One of the most interesting things about all of this, is I read the ESPN report about it and the coach on the bad side of this, had nothing but nice, and respectful things about the coach and kids from Aledo. If I remember reading it right, he even agreed that Aledo ran right where they knew they were going to run with their 2nd and 3rd strings and they couldn't stop it and their kids needed to get better or something to that degree.

Bullying? What a load of ####! What coach in their right mind is gonna tell their kids to stop playing. If he was pulling starters and doing everything in his power to run the clock, then he did right. Can't help the fact that his team is better than the opponent. Let the game be played how its supposed to without trying to bring in the case of "oh little Johnny got his feelings hurt"... Play better. Nowhere around the area of these schools but I would do the same thing. Your job as a coach is to win and I believe he handled it the best way he could.