Bullying?

necks89

A team that has parents that file bullying reports. That could explain why they got 91 points hung on them. It's a helluva lot easier to get behind, quit, and blame your shortcomings on someone else than it is to know you are outmanned, bow your neck, and vow to work hard and get to their level of play.

Coach, don't apologize for dominating, that is what every team should strive for.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious that he never was issued a man card. He didnt have a BALLS point pen for application.

>}:-D~ >}:-D~

Why do parents have the ability to file such reports against opposing coaches in the first place?? Who thought this was a good idea??

On any given Friday night, all over the state of Texas, you'll find parents in the stands at football games who don't know a 1st down from a field goal, yet they can file detrimental reports against coaches they don't even know. How & when did this come to be??

Beats all I've ever seen!!

A parent filed a bullying report because their kid's 4A Varsity team got the snot beat out of 'em by the 3rd string & waterboys of another team....

This constitutes bullying now?? Really??

Un-freakin'-believable!!! I guess I've heard it all now!

To Report Parent, I have 3 things to say:

1). You are a double barreled moron!

2). If you're the kid's father, turn in your Man Card immediately!! All rights & privileges have been revoked, & you are out, bud!

3). Remove your little darlin' from ALL athletic endeavors, & go ahead & buy a pretty little frilly pink skirt for the boy & get it over with!!!

Lmao! Love it!

I'm loving all of these responses! Is there a resolution to the "beat downs"?

IYO, should there be running of the clock at some point to where a team won't get humiliated??

There's going to be close games, there's going to be complete blow outs. It's football. It happens.

The "resolution?" Play better defense. Toughen your boys up. If you can't stop them, take your bumps...look over film...practice...and come back the next season and try to the do the same to the other side.

There's a running clock that the coach getting humiliated has to agree to. It's there. It doesn't need to be mandatory at all. Let the teams and coaches have the option. Stop trying to add in more mercy rules or mandate that things should be done a certain way just because one team gets the score run up on them by 4th stringers. (not specifically referring to you necks89 when I say stop trying, just meant people in general trying to control things more)

I personally think it's a joke some of these states actually penalize the winning head coach if a game gets out of hand. It's just ridiculous. Not the other coach's job to make sure your team performs well. And it's not like they're out there with their starting QB throwing passes with 2 minutes left (though I have seen that already this season with Parkway vs Marshall).

From what have seen in east texas this will never happen. The refs will never allow it. They will call a penalty on every play until the coach gets the message that they are not going to keep chasing the players up and down the field. Seen it to many times.

A team that has parents that file bullying reports. That could explain why they got 91 points hung on them. It's a helluva lot easier to get behind, quit, and blame your shortcomings on someone else than it is to know you are outmanned, bow your neck, and vow to work hard and get to their level of play.

Coach, don't apologize for dominating, that is what every team should strive for.

+1

The parent needs to file a complaint against the coach from his team for not having them ready to play.

It is not a coach's job to keep his own team from scoring. That job belongs to the other teams defense.

+1

There's going to be close games, there's going to be complete blow outs. It's football. It happens.

The "resolution?" Play better defense. Toughen your boys up. If you can't stop them, take your bumps...look over film...practice...and come back the next season and try to the do the same to the other side.

There's a running clock that the coach getting humiliated has to agree to. It's there. It doesn't need to be mandatory at all. Let the teams and coaches have the option. Stop trying to add in more mercy rules or mandate that things should be done a certain way just because one team gets the score run up on them by 4th stringers. (not specifically referring to you necks89 when I say stop trying, just meant people in general trying to control things more)

I personally think it's a joke some of these states actually penalize the winning head coach if a game gets out of hand. It's just ridiculous. Not the other coach's job to make sure your team performs well. And it's not like they're out there with their starting QB throwing passes with 2 minutes left (though I have seen that already this season with Parkway vs Marshall).

+1

Ok boys....been listening to this ALL morning on KRLD and 103.3......I have been on BOTH SIDES of this....been beat 72-6...with a running clock in the middle of the 2nd quarter.....and have won 77-2...yes 2...gave up a safety and then punted to them...and they fumbled the kick.....one of those nights.....not being bullied...just better athletes across the board......during the 72-6 beating...that clock could not run fast enough.....was just one of those nights...NOTHING went right.....Good friend thought he had the solution...back in the 80's....was beating a team bad...and he put his linemen at running back...and his running backs at linemen......was working until....best lineman.....yep...got hit on knee...KAPOW!!!!!....ACL.........ended that.......don't know the answer.....mercy rule???....but at what score.....45...50...55...watched a 6man game one time...team down..35...come back and win by 21.....hard question to answer....

No way to institute a mercy rule in football.

Tell that to the other states who penalize coaches that allow games to be worse than 45 points, or end the game if someone is up by so many points at a certain time.

Tell that to the other states who penalize coaches that allow games to be worse than 45 points, or end the game if someone is up by so many points at a certain time.

It's either Louisiana or Florida that has a 35 point mercy rule. Once a team is up by 35 points, the clock runs continuously for the rest of the game, period, even if the other team gets the point deficit under 35 points. I believe it's Florida.

It's either Louisiana or Florida that has a 35 point mercy rule. Once a team is up by 35 points, the clock runs continuously for the rest of the game, period, even if the other team gets the point deficit under 35 points. I believe it's Florida.

Definitely isn't Louisiana.

35 points is ridiculous. Blow out sure, but come on.

Its Florida, but it happens in Texas too seen it a couple of weeks ago scored 24 in first quarter clock didn't stop til Halftime lol

Its Florida, but it happens in Texas too seen it a couple of weeks ago scored 24 in first quarter clock didn't stop til Halftime lol

Not an issue if the coaches agree to it. Big difference between it being mandatory and optional.