2013-2014 NBA Season

topher805

I doubt that will happen.

The sad thing is this new CBA was supposed to help small market teams and reign in the big market teams. It has done the exact opposite.

Exactly. That CBA has shafted the small market teams. Their only hope is great drafts through solid talent evaluation like the San Antonio Spurs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

League Standings as we are just over the 1/4 mark of the season...

Eastern Conference:

1. Indiana 20-4

2. Miami 18-6

3. Atlanta 13-12

4. Boston 12-14

5. Detroit 12-14

6. Washington 10-13

7. Charlotte 10-14

8. Toronto 9-13

9. Chicago 9-14

10. Cleveland 9-14

11. Brooklyn 9-15

12. Orlando 8-17

13. New York 7-17

14. Philadelphia 7-19

15. Milwaukee 5-19

Western Conference

1. Portland 21-4

2. Oklahoma City 19-4

3. San Antonio 19-5

4. LA Clippers 17-9

5. Houston 16-9

6. Phoenix 14-9

7. Denver 14-9

8. Dallas 14-10

9. Golden State 13-12

10. New Orleans 11-11

11. Minnesota 12-13

12. LA Lakers 11-13

13. Memphis 10-13

14. Sacramento 7-15

15. Utah 6-21

Thoughts on how they are shaking out so far. Surprised to see Portland on top and Utah falling so low, as well as the struggles in Memphis. The East continues to struggle as a whole with the #4 sporting a losing record. Still, there is a lot of basketball left to be played...

I'm just going to leave this here.

James Harden 2nd NBA season

26.7 mpg

12.2 points

2.1 assists

3.1 rebounds

1.1 steals

.436 field goal percentage

.349 3-point percentage

Jeremy Lamb

20.7 mpg

9.8 points

1.1 assists

2.3 rebounds

0.6 steals

.487 field goal percentage

.411 3-point percentage

Not too bad.

Oklahoma City is looking good. Kevin Durant has improved his passing and his defense is now underrated. Westbrook has gotten how legs back under him and his defense has improved as well. Ibaka has taken his rebounding to the next level and is one of the best mid range shooters in the NBA. He is now a likely double-double guy every night. Thabo Sefolosha has struggled on offense so far this season, but is still playing impact up defense. Perkins has struggled, but he still has a role against the teams with true centers like Indiana which to no surprise was Perkin's best game of the season.

This Thunder bench is the best overall bench the team has had since they have moved to OKC. Reggie Jackson is a legitimate 6th man of the year candidate, and is a big part in the closing line up of the 4th quarter. Lamb is shooting the ball well and getting his NBA legs underneath him. Steven Adams has had a much bigger impact than anybody expected so far in his rookie season. He actually has a post game and is good at rebounding. Nick Collison is still the man lol. Perry Jones is playing well when the team is able to get him minutes.

Overall, I am more than pleased so far into the season.

I'm just going to leave this here.

James Harden 2nd NBA season

26.7 mpg

12.2 points

2.1 assists

3.1 rebounds

1.1 steals

.436 field goal percentage

.349 3-point percentage

Jeremy Lamb

20.7 mpg

9.8 points

1.1 assists

2.3 rebounds

0.6 steals

.487 field goal percentage

.411 3-point percentage

Not too bad.

Wish we didnt have trade Lamb away to the Thunder. That was the only part of trade I disliked to get Harden. I'd much of rather given up White and PP in that deal for Harden but it happened and Lamb will blossom in Oklahoma City. all 3 guys we took in that 1st round in that year no longer with the team.

Wish we didnt have trade Lamb away to the Thunder. That was the only part of trade I disliked to get Harden. I'd much of rather given up White and PP in that deal for Harden but it happened and Lamb will blossom in Oklahoma City. all 3 guys we took in that 1st round in that year no longer with the team.

Moorey has made some odd moves in his career, but they have always built towards something bigger. The longer he stays, the less I seem to like him. He has built a great team, but low patience and weird trades have me hesitant to say his a good GM.

The Rockets have a self-imposed deadline of Thursday to trade Omer Asik. I keep hearing Brandon Bass or Jeff Green for Asik, but Anderson Varejao (Cleveland), Paul Milsap (Atlanta), and Spencer Hawes are other names to come up. None of these players will be in Houston longer than a year, as the Rockets want to have plenty of space to resign Chandler Parsons.

Why would OKC want White? Ibaka plays the same position.

As far a Moorey goes he managed to get Houston from the mediocre no mans land to a team with two top ten players. That is a pretty good accomplishment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Predictions:

West Playoff Teams

• San Antonio Spurs - Nothing new here.
  • L.A. Clippers - Doc Rivers is a major upgrade over Vinny plus they have something to prove in the regular season.
  • OKC Thunder - I still think they are the best team in the West, but Westbrook missing the first 4-6 weeks of the season will hurt their seed.
  • Houston Rockets - Not as talented top to bottom as the first three, and it takes time for teams to adujust to each other.
  • Memphis Grizzilies - Nothing new here
  • Golden State Warriors - Expect them to be about the same as last season.
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - A healthy Kevin Love with that lineup from last season is good enough for a playoff berth.
  • Dallas Mavericks - A healthy Dirk with decent piecies around him with make the playoffs.
East Playoff Teams

• Chicago Bulls - Will push in the regular season.
  • Miami Heat - I exepct them to lay off the gas until the playoffs.
  • Indiana Pacers - Will be like last year.
  • Brooklyn Nets - This team will not push in the regualar season with so many old players.
  • New York Knicks - Same thing as last year for better or worse.
  • Altanta Hawks - Al Horford is really underated and he will carry the Hawks to the 6 seed in a weak East.
  • Washington Wizards - John Wall was on fire when he returned last year and that will carry the Wizards into the playoffs.
  • Cleveland Cavaliers - Kyrie keeps improving plus they got a coach who will make them play defense.
NBA Champion - Miami Heat

MVP - Kevin Durant - I expect the Heat to try and mangage Lebron's minutes this year. That along with Westbrook being out will give Durant a chance to shine. People reconize his scoring ability, but the average NBA fan has not noticed his improvment in every area of the game. He had always been a strong rebounder, but he had now worked himself into an above average passer and defender.

Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard

Coach of the Year - Mike Brown

Rookie of the Year - Victor Oladipo

1st team All NBA

G - Chris Paul

G - Derrick Rose

F- Lebron

F- Kevin Durant

C - Dwight Howard

2nd Team All NBA

G - James Harden

G - Tony Parker

F - Carmelo Anthony

F - Paul George

C - Marc Gasol

3rd Team All NBA

G - Stephen Curry

G - Russell Westbrook

F - Kevin Love

F - Dirk

C - Tim Duncan

Man some of those predications look terrible lol. I managed to guess 7 out of the 8 west teams though lol.