Overton @ Detroit

winner1

I knew the Lions were down a little this year, but I didn't know they'd dropped clean out of the NFL. Will it still be played at Ford Field?

Almost... why we're in the same district as a team on the Texas-Oklahoma border, I don't know. But I sure ain't looking forward to getting home at 1 a.m. from a dang high school football game.

Almost... why we're in the same district as a team on the Texas-Oklahoma border, I don't know. But I sure ain't looking forward to getting home at 1 a.m. from a dang high school football game.

We feel your pain. Went to Elkhart and Big Sandy last year, Burkeville this year. But we get to watch football , so it's all good. Hope to see the Stangs bring home a win.

If my kids playing, I'd drive the bus . Hahaha...

Heard that... I got three boys (still in elementary school), and I'd be willing to drive to Odessa to watch 'em play. ;)

Overton squeaks by...

I'd take it... I heard from friends in Cumby that they had Detroit beat but let it slip away. If our boys can bring the same intensity this week that they had at the last game, they'll be alright.

42-26 Overton... Mustang RB Jamal Kelly had 35att 309yds 3tds... QB Brayton Pierce was 15/20 201yds 1td. Mustangs are now 3-0 in league play and host 3-0 Maud for the District 10-1A title this Friday.

42-26 Overton... Mustang RB Jamal Kelly had 35att 309yds 3tds... QB Brayton Pierce was 15/20 201yds 1td. Mustangs are now 3-0 in league play and host 3-0 Maud for the District 10-1A title this Friday.

actually if overton loses and detroit beats maud then there will be another three way tie for district champions.

actually if overton loses and detroit beats maud then there will be another three way tie for district champions.

Sure (and I concede that anything is possible under the Friday night lights) but, having seen both teams, I don't think Detroit has a prayer against Maud... the Cards will win big at home.

That was what Maud thought last season .

Detroit beat them.

That's why they play the games.

I know, I know — it's totally a valid point — but I just think this year's different. Detroit's offense seemed a lot more explosive last year, and Maud was still hit and miss. This year, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, Detroit's still got some really tough kids. I just feel like Maud's offense is gonna be way too much for the Eagles to contain this year. But like you said, "That's why they play the games." ;)