Crockett at Teague

player73

I'll just say it THE Teague Lions will win BIG against crockett this Friday night.. Coach Johnson and his staff are REALLY good at what they do and will have MY Lions ready to play come Friday night.. Coach Hughes has our defense getting better each and every week and we are now becoming a complete team..

I'll just say it THE Teague Lions will win BIG against crockett this Friday night.. Coach Johnson and his staff are REALLY good at what they do and will have MY Lions ready to play come Friday night.. Coach Hughes has our defense getting better each and every week and we are now becoming a complete team..

Does playing weaker teams the past few weeks have anything to do with becoming more and more complete?

Teague seems to be peaking at the right time as all good play-off teams do. They are using more of their weapons and not looking for just one receiver; M. Sheppard and R. West have really stepped up their game. The running game ( John Love ) has taken a tremendous amount of pressure off QB Skinner; Teague's defense has improved 100% in the last three games. GO LIONS

Does playing weaker teams the past few weeks have anything to do with becoming more and more complete?

It doesn't do much but gets more kids playing time which can help if someone goes down. helps with the overall confidence of the team as a whole and the comrodary in the locker and community. I wouldnt say Elkhart is a weak team with the 5th best running back in the entire state in all classifications but that's you opinion and Crockett as long as the boys keep focus will be another building block win to get ready for the favored Frankin lions next week.

The biggest thing hurting Crockett is size. The 300 lbs. beasts in the trenches are gone. Crockett is much smaller up front and aren't very physical there either. They tend to lose in the trenches, and that leads to big losses on the field.

Crockett has the athletes to match up with Teague on the outside, but I think it will be the running game of Teague that does Crockett in here.

As for the coaching comment, while there are a lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda's involved with the decision making, things seem pretty clear cut right now. I have only seen Crockett a couple of times over the last two seasons, and both times I was embarrassed to be on their sideline with my camera. I'm not looking for sunshine pumpers and perfectly clean language, but it was just embarrassing being down there. The coaches were like 3-year olds throwing a temper tantrum and yelling at kids. Now the kids attitudes weren't great either, but there wasn't the best example set in front of them by the staff.

Things are going downhill and quickly in Crockett. A lot of kids leaving for other schools in the county, on top of no growth whatsoever in Crockett, I wouldn't be shocked to see Crockett dropping down a classification again in the near future. Sad state of a once proud program...