Hughes Springs @ Dekalb

Horns85

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your next door neighbor to the west. I'm thinking when we play we can bet a case of Moon Pies against a case of fried corn dogs...lol

I still watch the video of the last game these 2 played. My son was a jr or sr. Although we lost 29-8 I think, It was a good game. 16-8 in the 3rd before the Tigers got the big play machine rollin. But a great effort by our boys and coaches to prepare for a superior opponent. I believe it was 2009 or 2010. Either way, we all know how good the Tigers were.lol. Whichever year it was, they won the Hardware. I am not sure how the district would look but HS would no doubt make the playoffs in yalls district this year and with Dfield and NB on the schedule, we would be battle tested for sure. I hope it works out that way in the realignment.

I still watch the video of the last game these 2 played. My son was a jr or sr. Although we lost 29-8 I think, It was a good game. 16-8 in the 3rd before the Tigers got the big play machine rollin. But a great effort by our boys and coaches to prepare for a superior opponent. I believe it was 2009 or 2010. Either way, we all know how good the Tigers were.lol. Whichever year it was, they won the Hardware. I am not sure how the district would look but HS would no doubt make the playoffs in yalls district this year and with Dfield and NB on the schedule, we would be battle tested for sure. I hope it works out that way in the realignment.

+1

Hughes Springs 52

DeKalb will not cross the 50 but once.

I always give 7 "river points when crossing the river"

Not sure how long Beardad has been watching DeKalb football but about 07 I guess HS scored to make the score 21-20 DeKalb with extra point to come. We made 2 good kicks only to be flagged both times. I guess it was 3rd attempt that the refs had taken us out of range.lol

Not sure how long Beardad has been watching DeKalb football but about 07 I guess HS scored to make the score 21-20 DeKalb with extra point to come. We made 2 good kicks only to be flagged both times. I guess it was 3rd attempt that the refs had taken us out of range.lol

Yep. I remember that game!

We will surely take those river points..

I didn't get trans planted to DK until September of 07 after coming off active duty in Iraq. And didn't start watching DK high school ball until 08.

I remember that one also. Sure miss those Ganaway boys.

DF and HS played in 2008 & 2009. In 2008, DF won 43-0. In 2009, DF won 35-6. DF led 14-6 at Halftime and 28-6 after 3. It was a good job by HS keeping the ball away from DF. But, not quite what you remembered.

DF and HS played in 2008 & 2009. In 2008, DF won 43-0. In 2009, DF won 35-6. DF led 14-6 at Halftime and 28-6 after 3. It was a good job by HS keeping the ball away from DF. But, not quite what you remembered.

You could be right. Maybe 28-6 AFTER 3 but it was 14-6 DURING the 3rd. I guess I was a little off on the extra points.lol

Coaching staff must instill that scrappy attitude or sometimes lack of good judgement. I have found if you POPOFF, specifically to the head guy, the consequences for the Bears(Cubs) can have a profound effect. It's not nice to mess with mother nature.