Athens Hornets @ Mineola Yellowjackets

HORNET4LIFE

Hornets @ Yellowjackets   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya Got

2. 2. Close one?

Does mineola run or pass more?

More of a ground game with us with a couple of passes here and there. They're not real big but are pretty salty and not afraid to hit. Maybe it's just my view but it seems like they play really hard the 1st half or so but just don't play all four quarters with the same intensity. They could be a real contender if they got that worked out.

More of a ground game with us with a couple of passes here and there. They're not real big but are pretty salty and not afraid to hit. Maybe it's just my view but it seems like they play really hard the 1st half or so but just don't play all four quarters with the same intensity. They could be a real contender if they got that worked out.

Seems like these boys got heart. It should wake up Hornets if they do hit hard. Hopefully they test Athens in the passing. Do they have any speed?

Some speed but probably not enough compared to Athens D. Athens will probably control the ball and clock. Hornet offense is like a flashback to the 70's with ground game including a fullback! One of the best oiled running machines I've seen in 3a ball in a long time. Everyone else seems to be running a spread O these days. Athens just keeps pounding it at you.

Some speed but probably not enough compared to Athens D. Athens will probably control the ball and clock. Hornet offense is like a flashback to the 70's with ground game including a fullback! One of the best oiled running machines I've seen in 3a ball in a long time. Everyone else seems to be running a spread O these days. Athens just keeps pounding it at you.

I wouldn't mind if Mineola stepped It up with speed they need it before facing CH in playoffs. (That's if they do).

Yeup you're right. I'm sure this kid will get better every game come Junior and senior year man oh man. Dude will be a monster.

What I've seen affect Athens is a good scramble QB example Canton & Mabank. I know CH QB Andrew Black has the speed to cause problems.

I wouldn't mind if Mineola stepped It up with speed they need it before facing CH in playoffs. (That's if they do).

Yeup you're right. I'm sure this kid will get better every game come Junior and senior year man oh man. Dude will be a monster.

What I've seen affect Athens is a good scramble QB example Canton & Mabank. I know CH QB Andrew Black has the speed to cause problems.

Yeah that kid is already big enough to play O Line but he got some wheels. Give him another year or two and nobody can stop him. He should have some scouts looking at him for sure.

Yeah that kid is already big enough to play O Line but he got some wheels. Give him another year or two and nobody can stop him. He should have some scouts looking at him for sure.

Oh yea I agree. In size and speed he reminds me of Trent Richardson from the Colts and Alabama.

No word yet of any scouting. But I'm sure they're around.

Oh yea I agree. In size and speed he reminds me of Trent Richardson from the Colts and Alabama.

No word yet of any scouting. But I'm sure they're around.

I said Walt Garrison when I first saw him run. Either way, definitely a power back that can make his own gaps. Wish we would see more fullbacks and tight ends. Fun to watch.

When's the funeral? lol. The whole forum seems kind of slow this week. Maybe now that the sun is shining things will pick up. Anyway tomorrow is game day and I'll bet we're all ready.

Lol. Yea hopefully the gane will be better than what this thread has has been all week.

Any one know the the JV score?

Athens vs Mineola?