Playoff implications

BigRedFan

District 10A-D1

West Sabine-in already, lockup #1 seed with a win over Cushing this week.

San Augustine-win out and they are the #2 seed, need to win 1 to lock in a spot for sure.

Alto-win out to secure #2 seed. No matter what happens vs SA this week they must beat Shelbyville to secure a playoff spot

Shelbyville-must win out to have a chance. Need SA to beat Alto to set up winner is in scenario week 10 against Alto. Still have a slight chance to get in if Alto beats SA but it would involve them beating Alto by a certain amount of points.

In this district the tiebreaker system would come down to points. The max points for the district is 17. Current points are

SA +17

Alto 0

Shelbyville -17

The best Shelbyville can finish is 0. If Alto beats SA by less than 17 then Shelbyville still has a slight chance to get it with a victory over Alto.

We'll know more after this week. If SA wins its a mute point, just beat Alto straight up if you are Shelbyville. If Alto wins its all about points.

I know I covered Joaquin above, but I'll give a rundown on 9A D1.

Carlisle (6-2, 3-0) Big Sandy, Beckville

Joaquin (4-3, 2-1) Timpson, Harleton

Harleton (5-3, 2-1) Beckville, Joaquin

Beckville (6-2, 2-1) Harleton, Carlisle

Timpson (4-4, 0-3) and Big Sandy (0-8) are eliminated.

Carlisle wins out, they win the district. They are locked into a spot regardless. If Beckville should knock off Harleton and Carlisle, it would force a 3 way tie for 1st, provided Joaquin wins out. That would give Carlisle the #1 seed, Joaquin #2, and Beckville #3 based on the tiebreaker, as Carlisle maxed it out with their win over Joaquin, and Joaquin did so against Beckville. Unless Beckville maxes it out against Carlisle, then who knows. If Harleton beats Beckville and Joaquin beats Timpson, that means the Joaquin/ Harleton game next week is for the #2 seed, regardless what Beckville does in week 10. Things will clear up a lot Friday.

Franklin 8-0 (3-0)

Teague 6-2 (3-0)

Both play for district championship next friday and either 1 or 2 seed no matter what happens Friday.

Trinity 5-3 (2-1)

Elkhart 5-3 (1-2)

Will play for 3rd and 4th place next Friday as long as Elkhart beats Westwood this Friday but if they don't. Then Westwood can clinch with win over Crockett and send Elkhart to the gym.

Crockett must win out to go to 2-3 in district and hope Westwood beats Elkhart and Elkhart beats trinity to make a 3 way tie between trinity Elkhart and Crockett but Crockett has already lost to both trinity and Elkhart so I believe they are mathematically out.

I haven't looked at y'all's side yet. Who does it look like y'all will most likely be playing. Looks like East chambers for us.

Based on the district standings, could be Eustace, Quitman or Kemp. Based on those teams remaining schedules, looks like we could draw Eustace again in the first round. Just my opinion though, I haven't been to see any of those teams games...so I'm taking a shot in the dark.