Mavgrad's Week 10 Preview, Thoughts, and Typically Bad Predictions

Coach Rab

REGIONAL

Kansas @ Texas

Remember a few years ago when people quit giving USC the benefit of a doubt? Seems they are doing the same for Texas who comes in unranked once again, despite being tied on top of the conference with Baylor. Texas seems to have really found an identity on offense, finding a good balance with their elite stable of Running backs and passing game. While I still think that Case McCoy is far from the answer at QB at Texas, I do think that he has managed the offense well and has actually made some good deep throws. While the defense is far from impressive, they seem more disciplined under new DC, Robinson. This should be a game that the Horns use to make a statement against Kansas. Texas wins by 20.

West Virginia at TCU

I really want to pick TCU. But it is beyond the point of giving them the benefit of the doubt. Even with Pachall back, the offense sputtered. The offense has been so bad that it makes the defense look bad for giving up 30+ points. The woes of TCU have nothing to do with the defense from what I have witnessed. The inability of TCU to move the ball forces them to lose this one. WVU by 10.

#18 Oklahoma State at #15 Texas Tech

Texas Tech showed some real fight in them last week. I really didn't expect them to move the ball against the OU defense as well as they did last week. Oklahoma State, most people's favorite to win the Big XII preseaon, gets to try and stop this offense. I think the Texas Tech defense will have fits trying to stop some of the WRs for OSU, but the uncertainty at QB for OSU I think costs them this one... Texas Tech by 3 (overtime maybe???)

UTEP at #12 Texas A&M

Texas A&M continues their impressive non-conference schedule against the mighty Miners of THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS El Paso Johnny will go crazy in this one. Autographs for everyone in a 50+ point win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL

#21 Michigan at #22 Michigan State

I really hate watching Michigan play. They are boring and always over-rated. I think Michigan State has the defense to limit big plays, and maybe enough offense to win this one. One the other side of that, this is a rivalry and anything can happen... Michigan State by 3.

#11 Auburn at Arkansas

I believe tha Auburn is getting a little too much love this year. I also think that Arkansas is due to upset someone this year... Why not Auburn?

Tennessee at #9 Missouri

Tennessee has show flashes of life this season. However, I also watched them get beat like a red headed step drum by Alabama. I think Missouri wins by 20.

#7 Miami at #3 Florida State

This is an exciting game for the ACC. It appears that the ACC had 3 legit teams this season, which is 2 more than they have had the majority of the last 5 years. Miami has been winning ugly the past few weeks, while the FSU wins couldn't be any prettier if they were named Carrie Underwood... Anyways, I have already seen Famous Jameous Winston in a big game and he looked stellar... I think FSU wins this one against a good Miami defense by 10.

Auburn will run roughshod over arkansas

It will be a highly tested and emotional game... Not sure if you have been following all of the drama surrounding this week so far:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9895416/arkansas-razorbacks-bret-bielema-adds-tape-complaint-auburn-tigers-feud

KU-UT is in Austin this year, so the Horns should come ready to play. I don't know why but they just don't seem to do well in Lawrence, KS.

Texas struggled today even though they scored 35. Applewhite called an unimaginative offense today. The Defense won this game.