Paris @ North Lamar

theblueguy

Paris @ North Lamar  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

So yeah, Lamar County's Crosstown Showdown rivalry game and stuff. Paris is 3-0 in district, NL is 0-3. An NL loss will mean they are definitely out of the playoff race. A Paris loss really wouldn't mean a whole lot in the district race. If they can beat L-E next week, they'd still be district champs.

We all know Paris SHOULD probably win, but people who have seen this rivalry over the years knows it doesn't always end up going the way it should. The questions are: Who will win? If you answer Paris to that question, what would it take for an NL victory?

If Pittsburg beats Pleasant Grove this week, then NL is definitely eliminated. Otherwise, there's still a potential for a 3-way tie for the 4th spot among the three schools even with an NL loss to Paris.

The only way NL beats Paris: turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Paris SHOULD win this as previously stated.

For a NL win, NL would have to play to play a complete game (I know sounds dumb to say) but they haven't played a fourth quarter in what? 3 weeks? 3 losses. If NL plays complete games the last 3 weeks they are maybe 2-1, and this game doesn't have near the playoff implications for them as it does.

NL needs to force some turnovers from the young position players on Paris' side.

I feel like Paris' D should shut down NL but I'm sure NL will score some points by way of a turnover, and good field position at some point.

35-21 Paris