Schools on the outside of the playoffs that were predicted not to be

BillyClydePuckett

Who are some schools that had high expectations going into the season that have not faired well?

Was not Crockett expected to compete and just what the heck has happened there the last couple of years for them to fall off the playoff wagon?

Any others out there?

EF??

I'm shocked by that too. Crockett used to be a top program. I guess it's coaching and having less players in the program.

Size. They used to have the big huge o and D lines now its just the athletes kinda like what's happening in Mexia

Winner winner...

Good young talented players. AJ Phillips is a solid running back and Case Robinson is a good quarterback, but no hosses up front to pave the way.

Defense is the same thing. Good secondary and linebackers, but no big boys in the trenches to set everyone up to make a play...

what was crocketts number turned in last Friday or they going D2?

I haven't heard anything. Max is saying around 400 on the official thread. I was hearing short of 300 at the start of school. I do know they graduated a small senior class, and have a large freshman class there. No clue on which way they go on this one...

Tied with Longview at #17 preseason AP. Or something like that.

Here's the AP preseason and they were at #17, Longview was at #20. Most people new better than to trust AP.

Here is The AP preseason high school poll, with first-place votes in parentheses, points based on 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, and the team's ranking in last week's poll:

Class 5A

School Total Points Prv

1. Allen (14) 227 6

2. Katy (6) 205 1

3. Cibolo Steele (2) 176 3

4. DeSoto 139 2

5. Southlake Carroll 129 7

6. Euless Trinity (1) 124 -

7. Austin Westlake 75 -

8. Galena Park North Shore 62 -

9. Houston Lamar (1) 49 -

10. Coppell 34 4

Others receiving votes: 11, Cedar Hill 33. 12, Dallas Skyline 19. 13, Lake Travis 14. 14, Arlington Martin 7. 15, Converse Judson 5. 15, Arlington Bowie 5. 17, SA Northside O'Connor 3. 17, Lufkin 3. 17, Tyler Lee 3. 20, SA Northside Brandeis 2. 20, SA Madison 2. 20, Abilene 2. 23, Abilene Cooper 1. 23, Longview 1.

Oakwood

The Panthers had all but one starter returning and they're only 4-4 at this point. Now, that being said they're 1-0 in district and have 2 games left and could possibly run the table. Apple Springs might take the title this season.