Teague at Franklin for the District Championship

player73

Teague ( 7 - 2 ) travels to Franklin ( 9 - 0 ) in what will decide the District Championship in 11 2a.Teague is on a 6 game winning streak as well and Franklin has ran the table to this point.This is second year in a row that the two teams have played for the District Championship.Franklin won last years game in a high scoring shootout.Thoughts ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play defense like last night Franklin will win but I know DJ and the staff will have these boys ready! This will be a hard fought game IMO. Hedrick always puts a quality, hard worker, mistake free team out on the field every Friday night and will be very very tough to beat!

Teague as a whole is a better team this year and more balanced then last year and I believe that will be the key to Friday nights game. Teague D will need to make 2 stops in this game and I believe they will! Gonna be another high scoring game!

Teague 63

Franklin 56

District 11 plays District 12 in the 1st round.Grandview and Godley are playing for the District Championship like Franklin and Teague.Whitney,Clifton and Maypearl are fighting for the other two spots.Its hard to believe we are already talking Playoffs !!

Last night against Crockett, Teague's John Love had 244 yds on 25 carries and 3 TDs. He also caught 3 passes for 151 yds and a td. He had two rushing 2 point conversions as well. On Defense he had 7 tackles ( 4 solos and 3 assisted ) and a big hit that forced a fumble that Sheppard picked up and took it for a score.Love now has 2035 yards rushing in 9 games for the Lions.

Lots of questions to be answered in this key match up for the District 11 2a Championship.Can Teague stop Franklin's powerful running attack that no one so far has.The Lions D cant expect to shut them down but will have to come up with key stops in which last year they couldn't.Franklin converted at least 7 4th down conversions last year and that proved to be the difference in the game.Can Franklin stop the balanced Lion offense ? Last year it was only the passing game but this year the running game ( John Love - 2035 yds ) poses a threat to go along with the Skinner - Mitchell passing combo.IMO Teague has a better defense this year and I think Teague will win the Title on Franklin's home turf.Its going to be a fun week.

Lots of questions to be answered in this key match up for the District 11 2a Championship.Can Teague stop Franklin's powerful running attack that no one so far has.The Lions D cant expect to shut them down but will have to come up with key stops in which last year they couldn't.Franklin converted at least 7 4th down conversions last year and that proved to be the difference in the game.Can Franklin stop the balanced Lion offense ? Last year it was only the passing game but this year the running game ( John Love - 2035 yds ) poses a threat to go along with the Skinner - Mitchell passing combo.IMO Teague has a better defense this year and I think Teague will win the Title on Franklin's home turf.Its going to be a fun week.

Questions answered indeed. I've heard Franklins schedule has made them look good so this will help clarify a little bit.