Huntington (0-3) vs Diboll (0-3)

txcan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulling for the Devils. The 1st,3rd, and 4th longest playoff droughts in East Texas have already been busted. I'd like to see the 2nd longest fall as well. Plus, it will be Huntington's first EVER trip to the postseason. Maybe give those folks a reason to support football.

wow!!!!!...they talked about this game on Fox Sports last night.....Rick Renner and his Halloween suit!!!!......Huntington might think again about dropping football if they make the play-offs.......SAD for who ever wins...they would probably get Fairfield......WELCOME TO THE PLAY_OFFS!!!!!!.....no running clock in the play-offs!!!!

wow!!!!!...they talked about this game on Fox Sports last night.....Rick Renner and his Halloween suit!!!!......Huntington might think again about dropping football if they make the play-offs.......SAD for who ever wins...they would probably get Fairfield......WELCOME TO THE PLAY_OFFS!!!!!!.....no running clock in the play-offs!!!!

But they got to start somewhere. Might as well be now.

First, who were the 1st 3rd and 4th that broke the snap this year?

Second, yes we are talking about playoffs.

Third, Huntington will take Fairfield any day and twice on Sunday if it's in the playoffs.

I've had a few calls this week and just to clear it up Huntington is not even discussing getting rid of the football program.

I think the. Red Devils can do it Friday.

First, who were the 1st 3rd and 4th that broke the snap this year?

Second, yes we are talking about playoffs.

Third, Huntington will take Fairfield any day and twice on Sunday if it's in the playoffs.

I've had a few calls this week and just to clear it up Huntington is not even discussing getting rid of the football program.

I think the. Red Devils can do it Friday.

Union Grove is headed to the playoffs for the 1st time since 1968. Waskom for the 1st time since 1992. Elkhart's last appearance was in 2004. Huntington started football in 1980 (I believe) and if they get in, it will be their first ever.

From what I know or have heard about Huntington....(very little)...according to txcan.....they have 2? district wins...EVER???....Rusk....5-6 yrs ago and Diboll...when ever back when....both coaches at Rusk and Diboll lost their jobs.....Ryan could be the top guy in Huntington if he win........Maybe they will "SHOCK THE WORLD"!!

That's correct. Huntington has only beaten Rusk and Diboll (early 90's, not certain of the exact year). Ryan is the top guy in Huntington anyway as far as I'm concerned. I wish I knew exact stats but Huntington has moved the ball the last few weeks during district play and racked up some yards on the ground but just doesn't have the points to show for it. Friday against Jasper we had several plays where out running back got 10 yards behind Bulldog defenders but just didn't have the speed to take it to the end zone. I feel like those situations will translate into points in Diboll.

From what I know or have heard about Huntington....(very little)...according to txcan.....they have 2? district wins...EVER???....Rusk....5-6 yrs ago and Diboll...when ever back when....both coaches at Rusk and Diboll lost their jobs.....Ryan could be the top guy in Huntington if he win........Maybe they will "SHOCK THE WORLD"!!

They beat Rusk 32-6 in '07 Diboll 20-15 in '92 and also Hemphill 14-12 in '85

One of Diboll's HC before the "firing" was Russell Roberts.....he was my old High School coach way back in the 70's....he is till coaching in Marble Falls...coaching the old single wing....took a 0-10 team in 6 man to a play-offf team in 11 man with "OLD STUFF"..........kinda like Ryan is doing with the double WANG!!!

Diboll is pretty bad this year. Huntington might just see the playoffs.

+1

Maybe the next couple of seasons. The Big H's underclassmen teams have looked pretty good this year, while Diboll has been pretty awful up and down the ranks.

I really want to see The Big H take this one. It would be a big boost for them to make the playoffs for the first time in school history.

That's great dago....BUT....we are getting into the realm of the twilight zone....this stuff happens every other right slanted blue moon.....and the "football" sense of the kids from Huntington will skew their real world perception of life.....I know that you have to start somewhere......but a 1-3 finish does not constitute a play-off appearance.....The UIL has created a monster.....their bi-district participant banner will hang next to their 8th grade B team district championship banner.....WOW

Their results against Carthage were very similar. Didn't see Huntington in person, only through the eyes of Larry Allen, Mark Harris, and Dustin Burns. So you can imagine that game had a red tint to it. I'm gonna pick Huntington, but could go either way...