Huntington (0-3) vs Diboll (0-3)

txcan

WOW alot of people at a Huntington football game.....that WOULD MAKE the Red Zone game of the week!!!!!....Oh wait a minute it already is!!!!.....Is the band more than 18 members...watched a film once of Huntington and West Hardin....old VHS camera.....got the on/off button mixed up and he started recording the time between the plays...watched the entire halftime show and the 2nd half..."after the fact".....saw all 18 of the Red Devil "sparky band" do their thang!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odetoapig I can see your point in many and most situations. However having been around the Huntington program a long long time this would be a huge boost for the Devils. Coupled with a successful JV season this is big for Huntington.

Have you heard of the new playoff system???? There are not many folks that do not get to participate in that experience anymore. I cannot see this being a huge boost to their program. Making the playoffs is not a measure of a successful program anymore, it is actually doing just the opposite. It is giving many the false sense of accomplishment. Because in life the 4th place finisher does not the job. There are other ways to boost your program. somewhere vince, tom, halas and others are turning over in their graves.

You're right, they should continue to be content with 1-9, with the win being over a weak 1A. District wins are a pipe dream. What are they thinking?

So is Diboll the first 1 win playoff team in history or has someone already done it?

I know there's been a couple two win teams get in (Tyler Lee being one of them), but can't remember a one win team getting in. Am sure it's happened. Wouldn't be too hard to find I wouldn't think since the 4 team system only started in 2006.